[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody else think that Matt Prater is a good pickup?

Someone

I'm thinkin' that if you don't have a top kicker, that Matt Prater might just be a great pickup right about now.

Denver usually puts up good kicking points (Elam scored 114 last year when Denver had a losing record.)

And this year the Denver offense has looked outstanding.

Prater is 3 for 3 including a 43 yarder and a 52 yarder with 9 XPs.

The Broncos play the Saints at home this weekend.

I'm picking him up in a couple of leagues.

:wacko:

Edited by Someone

Picked him up in four or five leagues, including a dynasty and a keeper. Spent the minimum to get him, so I figure he's worth a shot, especially in leagues that reward for longer field goals (given that half of his games will be played in elevation).

Of course, I also drafted Coutu and Melhaff in a few leagues that had early drafts, thinking that they would be playing for relatively high-scoring teams in domes. That didn't work out so well. :wacko:

Seattle is no longer in a dome, per Coutu.

Seattle is no longer in a dome, per Coutu.

Good point.

Double - :wacko::D

I think I put too much thought into some of my kicker choices this year. Probably because I waited until the last round to take one in almost every league, and the pickings were slim at that point, so you have to get a bit "creative" in your reasoning to grab a sleeper kicker. :D

I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a Kicker.

If you're looking for high-powered offenses, Prater would be good. Any kicker playing the Lions or Rams would be good, too.

If you're a gambler and are looking for a team with a good defense and an offense that stalls out in the Red Zone, someone like Josh Scobee could be your guy.