[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colbert / Robinson now Seahawks

Medal of Honor

Koren Robinson (free agent) and Keary Colbert (formerly of DEN) have both signed with the Seahawks as WRs. These are just the latest roster moves in what seems to be an ever-changing receiving corps for the Seahawks.

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/seah...ndex.html#32195

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keary_Colbert

Update: Koren Robinson is a starter - http://www.seahawks.com/Team/Team.aspx?show=depth

2 weeks, max, before they get injured.

Edited by Medal of Honor

I totally understood the joke. Hence the LOL. I am a Colbert Report fan. Not be off-topic, but did anyone download the Colbert song for Rock Band last week? Hilarious, especially since they listed it as originally recorded in 1986.

Updates: Seahawks release Jason Babin to make room for Colbert.

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/seah..._babin_gon.html

As a Hasslbeck owner, any help he can get until Branch and Engram make it back is a good thing.

Otherwise, I think it sets a bad example that Robinson is getting yet another chance. I am sure alcoholism is a tough thing, but the fact remains he hasnt shown he can leave it alone and he makes poor choices(ie driving 103mph half snapped trying to elude the fuzz on the way back to training camp to beat curfew). The League is making it tougher on itself and owners are, too, by continually giving out multiple chances to some of these fools. If they start making it clear to some of the young athletes that they are not free to continually goof up and get multiple chances, it might sink in and some of these guys might learn to behave. As it is, they all know they will likely get off or get another chance if they get caught so they feel free to act like animals anytime they see fit.

Edited by Delicious_bass

Matt Hasselbeck suggested that Koren has been sober since he last arrest. Hasselbeck met Koren at an offseason retreat this year, and is really convinced he has turned his life around this time. That was largely what led Ruskell to give him a second chance.

Because Koren is actually a nice guy, rather than a jerkoff in the locker room, I think it's worth a second chance. If he has INDEED changed his life around he will be an even better example to DUI-tards like Tatupu.

By the way, in case anyone missed it yesterday, Koren appologized to all Seahawks fans, plus his team and his coach. I really hope this is all legit, because if it is, and he has a moderately good season with a couple TDs, it will be a great comeback story.

Edited by Medal of Honor

As a Hasslbeck owner, any help he can get until Branch and Engram make it back is a good thing.

One of the leagues I'm in (college buddies low money) they still have Branch and Engram on the waiver wire. I was thinking about stashing one of them until week 5 or so when they might be healthy. I thought I was stacked at WR after our draft but Braylon has been a disappointment and its a start 3 WR league. This league is full of noobish wonders so I don't know if its normal to find Branch or Engram on the WW or not. Other than waiting for Branch or Engram to get healthy...are people afraid of a brutally slow start? I guess I haven't been paying attention to Seattle because all of the injuries but is there something else to consider (guess I've heard some complaints about the O-line but I haven't watched the games). Any help clue-ing me in on what the deal is would be appreciated.

I'll be at the game sunday.... it will be interesting to see if koren has his legs. There's an article in today's paper on Krob... said his legs are weak, but it went on to say he made some great catches in his first day of practice.

Look..... holmgren absolutely LOVES koren, always has. He drafted Krob long before Ruskell dumped him in 2005. Holmgren said in his press conf. yesterday... "I'm gonna throw them in there right away" (them meaning both koren & colbert) Colbert is definitely in the better shape of the two, but koren knows the offense & holmgren complimented him on how much he knew the first day.

We shall see, but I for one am excited to see what he can do. :wacko:

Otherwise, I think it sets a bad example that Robinson is getting yet another chance. I am sure alcoholism is a tough thing, but the fact remains he hasnt shown he can leave it alone and he makes poor choices(ie driving 103mph half snapped trying to elude the fuzz on the way back to training camp to beat curfew).

the guy's been sober now for 3 years & has gotten married & started a family. In a world of 2nd, 3rd. & 4th. chances, why is it a bad example ?:D Hell, Pacman jones had 4 tackles & a assist the other night & his off the field activities make koren look like a mormon on a mission. :wacko:

This is a win/win opportunity for both koren & the hawks. If he f***k's up then they drop him like a bag of dirt..... if he stays clean & catches the ball he'll be the starting split end all year & maybe beyond.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

Engram and Branch are generally not available in leagues with enough roster spots where people know what they are doing.

Thats kind of the thing....my real money leagues don't have them available. I just have one with old college buddies and I mainly like to win to talk trash. I only have room for one and am trying to figure out who is a better pick up. I don't mean to turn this into an advice thread. I just wondered if there was a consensus on who would be the better one to own (and I figured most seahawk fans would agree on one).

Edited by Square

Engram is a lot more valuable than Branch. If you were to ask Hasselbeck who he trusted more, and Matt wasn't the nice guy that he is, he would tell you it was Bobby Engram. Nobody has more clutch 3rd down and touchdown passes than that guy (for the Seahawks). Branch has done next to nothing since we overpaid for him. I think the choice is clear - Bobby Engram is a stud when healthy.

If things go well with Krob, he will start at split-end all year with Engram in the slot. Branch, Taylor, and Colbert will be rotated in - with Branch having the most upside of the three of them.

Krob and Engram are great waiver grabs if they are out there.

They and Branch are all snatched up in my league :wacko:

Edited by Medal of Honor

Engram is a lot more valuable than Branch. If you were to ask Hasselbeck who he trusted more, and Matt wasn't the nice guy that he is, he would tell you it was Bobby Engram. Nobody has more clutch 3rd down and touchdown passes than that guy (for the Seahawks). Branch has done next to nothing since we overpaid for him. I think the choice is clear - Bobby Engram is a stud when healthy.

If things go well with Krob, he will start at split-end all year with Engram in the slot. Branch, Taylor, and Colbert will be rotated in - with Branch having the most upside of the three of them.

Krob and Engram are great waiver grabs if they are out there.

They and Branch are all snatched up in my league :wacko:

Thx bro.

Sounds like KRob may need a few weeks of practice...held out much of today's due to a sore knee. Tacoma News reports he probably won't play this weekend.

That was his problem in Green Bay, pretty consistent knee problems. He was a pretty decent return man here though that won't help FF owners.