[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Packers and Cowboys week

Randall

Green Bay - Mike McCarthy is speaking about Sunday's victory over the Lions. Here are the topics:

FB Korey Hall has a knee sprain. "I'll give him until Friday to see where he's at. There is a lot of swelling"

On John Kuhn's performance: "I thought John played well on offense. Specials teams, Korey is one of our core plays. John is a very good specials teams players. We took John off of special teams after Korey got hurt."

S Atari Bigby has a hamstring strain. It was not a cramp. By the end of the week, we'll know. Just like Korey.

On Aaron Rouse: "Rouse did some things well. He did some things not so well. Those were obvious on some of the big plays by Detroit."

Aaron Rodgers had one bad decision in Week 1. He had two in this game (run where he turned it back into the field, and a throw to Donald Lee that was a little forced).

Ryan Grant came out of the game OK.

Kregg Lumpkin has "absolutely" earned himself more playing time. (I like this guy)

Grant "didn't have a lot of great opportunities but he needs to practice. He needs to get into a rhythm."

McCarthy hopes Scott Wells and Josh Sitton will be back this week. Wells should practice Wednesday, they'll have to see how he responds. And Sitton is close. Sitton will not automatically have his spot back. He will be evaluated in practice.

Allen Barbre did OK. "I would have liked to have gotten more snaps. I wanted him to play before he has to play."

On the Cowboys: "They are as good as advertised."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they fall behind and think of the cold of last year's NFC Championship game :D

The Cowboys could very well come in and dominate, or win a close game. The Packers could also come in and win a close game or a blowout. It could go either way. I just get tired of all the crap talk that goes on. I know the majority loves to do it, but it's just not my thing. Although HBTC has turned into one of my favorite huddlers to read.

It's the one time of the year I get to be a Cowboy fan. :D

Though it's still kind of dirty... :wacko:

A fan or just rooting for them? If you're a fan of them then you sicken me. If you just root for them then it's allright, but to be a fan?

Edited by piratesownninjas

The Cowboys could very well come in and dominate, or win a close game. The Packers could also come in and win a close game or a blowout. It could go either way. I just get tired of all the crap talk that goes on. I know the majority loves to do it, but it's just not my thing. Although HBTC has turned into one of my favorite huddlers to read.

The last time the Cowboys played up here in cold weather the players quoted were more afraid of it than the game. Why do you think they haven't been scheduled to play here after thanksgiving in 40 years?

Ok Randall, you've been running your mouth since last week about this game. Fine here it is. You want the Cowboys, here they are in Prime Time in consecutive weeks. I love it.

Starting off your thread with a landry list of injuries AKA "possible excuses" impicationed from the get go gave me pause. Ok maybe you were just giving us all updates on players that would have very little impact on the outcome of this game or you were just keeping us informed. Fine, thank you and returning the favor:

Cowboys Injuries: Roy Williams, not sure if he will be missed as much as that pains me to say because I have always been a RW fan. Other than that, were good.

In any case, it's Packers week. Last game Cowboys beat Farve and Rogers all in the same game. This time round it's Rogers starting from start to finsh if he can avoid getting hit like Farve did by a free blitzing Cowboy. Assume that happens and he stays upright and mobile with his elusiveness he should be able to complete some passes.

The Cowboys D muscled up in the second half against the Birds but I suspect Green Bay won't have as much success in this one early.

This game is going to be interesting and it has slight let down written all over it. However, beings that the Cowboys don't have any room for excuses this year with all the talent they have assembled, I believe they get up for this one also and show this youngster some stuff he hasn't seen before and if he has, not at this speed.

The key is how Green Bays D plays. If they give up a lot of points early Rogers will make some mistakes trying too hard to get it all back to fast. Not sure he has the patience to take what the D gives if he gets behind by two TD's or more early. We will see.

Barber is going to have success against the GB D. If Philly couldn't shut him down then Green Bay isn't. As I think Philly is better against the run then Green Bay. Barber is key if he gets rolling, like I believe he will, Green Bay is going to be in for a long game. I see the Cowboys controlling the clock and making Rogers produce on a limited numbers of opportunities.

TO, Witten, Barber all score. Woodson gets beat for a long YAK play. It's hard to play on a bad toe which you didn't mention in your list. Ask LT.

Prediction: Boys 31 Green Bay 20

Get your Popcorn Ready................

Edited by Cowboyz1

The last time the Cowboys played up here in cold weather the players quoted were more afraid of it than the game. Why do you think they haven't been scheduled to play here after thanksgiving in 40 years?

What relevance does the Cowboys playing in cold weather in Green Bay have to this thread? Yes, I would rather the cowboys show up late when it's cold, but it just wasn't in the cards. It plays to the cowboys favor for the game to be earlier than later so if the Packers can knock off the Cowboys now then they're better than even what I thought. They played in Green Bay on the 23rd of November back in 1997 so it's not as if they haven't played in Green Bay during cold weather in 40 years.

In any case, it's Packers week. Last game Cowboys beat Farve and Rogers all in the same game. This time round it's Rogers starting from start to finsh if he can avoid getting hit like Farve did by a free blitzing Cowboy. Assume that happens and he stays upright and mobile with his elusiveness he should be able to complete some passes.

The Cowboys D muscled up in the second half against the Birds but I suspect Green Bay won't have as much success in this one early.

The key is how Green Bays D plays. If they give up a lot of points early Rogers will make some mistakes trying too hard to get it all back to fast. Not sure he has the patience to take what the D gives if he gets behind by two TD's or more early. We will see.

Barber is going to have success against the GB D. If Philly couldn't shut him down then Green Bay isn't. As I think Philly is better against the run then Green Bay. Barber is key if he gets rolling, like I believe he will, Green Bay is going to be in for a long game. I see the Cowboys controlling the clock and making Rogers produce on a limited numbers of opportunities.

TO, Witten, Barber all score. Woodson gets beat for a long YAK play. It's hard to play on a bad toe which you didn't mention in your list. Ask LT.

Prediction: Boys 31 Green Bay 20

Looks like you've got your blinders on just as bad as Randall.

While it's only two games, Aaron Rodgers seems to have eyes in the back of his head so he will be tough to sack. The Cowboys are going to be chasing him all day. Dallas' defense is stout but I'll take the Vikings pass rush every day over Dallas, and Green Bay handled that pretty good. You're not giving Green Bay enough credit here.

Philly's offense ran a lot of max protect with a few guys going out on routes... Green Bay will not do this. Instead of DeSean Jackson and Hank Baskett you're going to have to deal with Jennings, Driver, and Jones on a ton of plays, with Jordy Nelson and Donald Lee showing up every few plays. Completely different offenses that cause defenses to do completely different things. The Packers will pass on the Cowboys. It's more of a question as to if they can establish a run game.

Saying Aaron Rodgers will make mistakes if they fall behind by 14 is heresay as during his two games, during stressful situations he didn't make mistakes. If we're going on what we've seen of the two this year, Romo is more likely to make mental errors.

I'd also kickback on thinking that Barber is just going to run all over Green Bay. Nick Barnett, AJ Hawk and Brady Poppinga are stout linebackers. This defense is no joke. Barber will get his yards, but he is going to have to work for them.

And lastly... Calling out Charles Woodson? Do you even watch football? If you're going to call out a corner to get burnt, it's Al Harris. He'll likely be covering Owens and Woody will play the number two, and Crayton flat out sucks. As far as the toe injury, not all toe injuries are the same. He doesn't have turf toe like LT so the comparison is not well thought out. I also guess you didn't see Charles Woodson play last week. Just so you know he looked pretty good to say the least.

I'm not in any way saying the who's going to win either way, but you give the Packers not nearly enough credit, clearly think that this cowboys team is unstoppable and are still high off of an emotional victory.

::D Just another regular season game that may determine where the NFC Championship game is played. :D

Fixed. If in Green Bay you know it's going to be nice and toasty outside.

If in Dallas the final game in Texas Stadium wouldn't be an advantage. :wacko:

Fixed. If in Green Bay you know it's going to be nice and toasty outside.

If in Dallas the final game in Texas Stadium wouldn't be an advantage. :wacko:

A little soon to start thinking about NFC Championship games, I wish they were playing later in the year like they did last year.

A little soon to start thinking about NFC Championship games, I wish they were playing later in the year like they did last year.

I don't think so. Every team wants to play at home especially when both teams have such great advantages.

Interesting that DMD has Jennings rated above TO in the projections.

I don't think so. Every team wants to play at home especially when both teams have such great advantages.

Interesting that DMD has Jennings rated above TO in the projections.

I know both teams want the game to be at home, I am just saying week 3 is too soon to be thinking about NFC Championship game

I know both teams want the game to be at home, I am just saying week 3 is too soon to be thinking about NFC Championship game

I know what you're saying but this year every game could be a must win especially in the NFC East.