[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Addai

HowboutthemCowboys

first 2 games against tough rush D's.

Peyton looked better this week.

The schedule won't do him any favors with JAC BAL @GB @TEN NE @PIT in the next 8 weeks. However, Cin and Det in the first 2 weeks of FF playoffs is pretty sweet.

I'm thinking about making a play for him in my local.. What do you guys think of him the rest of the way?

Interesting I am curious what others think of this. What to offer?

That's pretty difficult to say without knowing your lineup. :wacko:

Anywho, I don't think making a move for Addai right now is a bad move. I think he's going to be a top 5 RB the rest of the way. Not sure if you're going to get him for a bargain though, since pretty much everyone knows the same things you mentioned, tough D, offense starting to gel, etc.

I was thinking on the same lines. Would anyone accept Grant and J. Lewis for Addai? My guess is no, but worth a shot.

That's an interesting one. Lewis is butt old, Grant comes off a terrible week, and Addai has struggled. If I had Addai I would not make that trade.

first 2 games against tough rush D's.

Peyton looked better this week.

The schedule won't do him any favors with JAC BAL @GB @TEN NE @PIT in the next 8 weeks. However, Cin and Det in the first 2 weeks of FF playoffs is pretty sweet.

I'm thinking about making a play for him in my local.. What do you guys think of him the rest of the way?

I've got him in two leagues. I've somehow managed to see both Colts games this year. I'm not feeling real good about the playoffs for either team. I don't know that a team can lean on him and the offensive line is a mess. At least that's what they said all day long on Sunday. I'll defer to Colts fans on that.

I'm trying to figure out if him or Steven Jackson will be Mistake #1 2008.

That having been said, I'm not giving him away. I've got him in re-drafts but that means I have too much invested with that 1st round pick to just let him go.

I've got him in two leagues. I've somehow managed to see both Colts games this year. I'm not feeling real good about the playoffs for either team. I don't know that a team can lean on him and the offensive line is a mess. At least that's what they said all day long on Sunday. I'll defer to Colts fans on that.

I'm trying to figure out if him or Steven Jackson will be Mistake #1 2008.

That having been said, I'm not giving him away. I've got him in re-drafts but that means I have too much invested with that 1st round pick to just let him go.

I think SJax will end up being a much bigger mistake.

I think it's mostly favorable for SJax the rest of the way....he'll be used in the pass game plenty and I expect 5+ receptions out of him the rest of the way...

Agree. The Rams have played two top teams (Eagles, Giants). It should be no shock that they were blown out. The schedule softens up for a few weeks before terrible matchups vs. the Cowboys and Patriots. After that it's smooth sailing.

By the way, in a PPR he should have got you 16 despite not scoring a touchdown. In a game they were never in I would not expect many backs to give you that type of production. His reception garbage points are awesome.

The Addai owner in my league is not buying the "buy low" approach with Addai. I asked about him yesterday and the owner wants a #2 RB, and a #1 WR (i.e. Chris Johnson and Wayne). He's not willing to throw anyone else in. I say - LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE HIM.

I have Addai and i am not trading him until I see how he does this week

Could work to your advantage, and then again Indy is playing yet another tough defense in JAX. Could hurt his value even more if you wait another week. I'd at least shop him around if I had him.

Edited by Shorttynaz

The Addai owner in my league is not buying the "buy low" approach with Addai. I asked about him yesterday and the owner wants a #2 RB, and a #1 WR (i.e. Chris Johnson and Wayne). He's not willing to throw anyone else in. I say - LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE HIM.

In full disclosure, I am an Addai owner in a dynasty league only. I own him for 6 years. Not worried.

With the buy low approach on a player like Addai, essentially you are hoping to prey on the possibility that the person that owns him is dumb or having a weak moment.

He wants:

1) a rookie RB that has a whopping 2 decent games under his belt, but is also currently a back-up RB to a guy that has also had 2 decent games this season and 2) a player whose productivity depends almost entirely on a guy that just had knee surgery and is part of the same offense.

I doubt I would give up Addai for Chris Johnson and Reggie Wayne. Wayne's nice, but there's a reason Addai is a top 4 pick and Wayne goes in the mid teens. If I were doing a redraft league tonight Addai would still be a top 4-5 pick for me. Where would you pick Wayne and Chris Johnson.

If you are playing in leagues with people who will give up Joe Addai for Ernest Graham.....find new leagues. It would be an outcome of sheer, unadulterated luck if Graham outperformed Addai the rest of the way.

In full disclosure, I am an Addai owner in a dynasty league only. I own him for 6 years. Not worried.

With the buy low approach on a player like Addai, essentially you are hoping to prey on the possibility that the person that owns him is dumb or having a weak moment.

He wants:

1) a rookie RB that has a whopping 2 decent games under his belt, but is also currently a back-up RB to a guy that has also had 2 decent games this season and 2) a player whose productivity depends almost entirely on a guy that just had knee surgery and is part of the same offense.

I doubt I would give up Addai for Chris Johnson and Reggie Wayne. Wayne's nice, but there's a reason Addai is a top 4 pick and Wayne goes in the mid teens. If I were doing a redraft league tonight Addai would still be a top 4-5 pick for me. Where would you pick Wayne and Chris Johnson.

If you are playing in leagues with people who will give up Joe Addai for Ernest Graham.....find new leagues. It would be an outcome of sheer, unadulterated luck if Graham outperformed Addai the rest of the way.

if we're drafting right now and you take addai 4th or 5th i want in your league! The writing is on the wall for this guy this year. Brutal schedule, struggling offense, nitpicky injuries all the damn time. He's over rated period. He's been a product of the colts high powered offense the last couple of years. He simply can't take a game over on his own like a Peterson type player.

if we're drafting right now and you take addai 4th or 5th i want in your league! The writing is on the wall for this guy this year. Brutal schedule, struggling offense, nitpicky injuries all the damn time. He's over rated period. He's been a product of the colts high powered offense the last couple of years. He simply can't take a game over on his own like a Peterson type player.

The league is called Late Bloomers. I am not in it anymore, but interestingly they drafted last night. Addai went 5th.

I just offered Ernest Graham for him. He's benching Addai this week and he may not know Graham's stats include a 68 yard run. Here's to hoping.

If Peyton's knee takes him out, I may not get the better end of the deal.

Not sure I'd have offered Graham. You're discounting his ability to generate long rushes. He had a 68-yard run last week, and a 40+ yard rush in Week 1. Running backs that have the ability to rip off a long run can turn a lousy day into a solid one very quickly.

On paper, getting a 1st-round pick for Graham sounds appealing. But with Griese at the helm, playing in a soft NFC South, I see some quality outings for Graham. I see a lot more of what we have already seen from Addai.

If I were an Addai owner I think I would be more than a little worried. Right now I own Graham in a few leagues and I wouldn't trade him straight up for Addai.

Edited by rattsass