[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bob Sanders

CaptainHook

word on the street is that Bob Sanders has a high ankle sprain and will be out 4-6 weeks. . .

no link

ouch for a team that is getting gashed by the run game....is Giordano gonna step in full time?

also would you expect to see more of a traditional tampa-2 with sanders out?

Melvin Bullitt replaced Sanders on Sunday, and actually played quite well. In the past it has been Giordano who filled in. We'll have to see . . .

And I think the Colts will play the same defense, with or without Sanders. Which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Melvin Bullitt replaced Sanders on Sunday, and actually played quite well. In the past it has been Giordano who filled in. We'll have to see . . .

And I think the Colts will play the same defense, with or without Sanders. Which isn't necessarily a good thing.

i had read that the colts were going to play less cover 2 going into the minny game to use sanders more in run support...that was why I asked

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Another key Indianapolis Colts player has been sidelined due to an injury.

Colts President Bill Polian tells 24-Hour News 8 that the Defensive Player of the year and WISH-TV Sportslocker Analyst Bob Sanders could be out for four to six weeks with a high ankle sprain.

Sanders injured his ankle on Sunday against the Vikings.

"There is a possibility that we would do some clean up surgery with a scope in his knee at the same time to avoid off season surgery, which is always a good thing. He will be back, that is for sure, Polian said. "At this point we are not sure of the severity but four to six is the reasonable assumption at this time."

linkaroo

Edited by CaptainHook

Ugh.. This team is close to a top 10 draft pick next year with another injury or 2.

With NE and JAX lacking offense and SD lacking defense, the AFC is a lot more open this year than it's been in a while. Unless Peyton goes down, I still don't see the Colts doing any worse than 9-7.

Sanders going down is tough. Then again, he was out for most of '06 and they still managed 12 wins. I'm a lot more worried about Saturday, Lilja, and Ugoh than not seeing Sanders until November.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob Sanders recently had arthroscopic surgery on one of his knees, the latest medical issue for the Indianapolis Colts All-Pro safety.

Team owner Jim Irsay said Thursday evening that the procedure was performed now so that the recovery could coincide with that of Sanders' right ankle sprain, which is expected to keep him out for at least another two games.

"The feeling was the high ankle sprain would take longer (to recover from) than the scope,'' Irsay said. "I think they just cleaned out a few things (in the knee).''

It wasn't clear which knee it was.

The reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, Sanders has missed 26 of a possible 67 regular-season games since being selected in the second round of the 2004 draft, including Sunday's loss to Jacksonville. Yet even with the latest situation, Irsay said he doesn't regret signing Sanders to a five-year, $37.5 million contract in December that includes more than $20 million in guarantees.

"I knew when we did the contract that he's such a rare talent that you have to live a little bit with the possible injuries that come up,'' Irsay said. "Bob is so combustible, so physical. He's so dynamic and such a rare individual.

"It's something you knew (was possible), but you know he might get on a lucky streak and go a year or two without having anything.''

from indystar.com