[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cedric Benson to the Lions?

vt700guy

No, he's not. He was brought in for a look-see along with SA, because the Lions only have Kevin Smith and Rudi Johnson at the position, and if either got hurt they'd need to bring in a free agent immediately. Might as well audition some of the best ones now, just in case.

Peace

policy

I got the information in an email from a pay site that I subscribe to. Just passing along what I was told.

. . . and that information likely came from a Detroit Free Press story that mentioned that although all LIONS sources say no signing is imminent, an Austin City Councilman who was supposed to co-host an event with Benson told the assembled crowd that Benson wasn't there because he was 'signing a contract' with the Lions.

It ain't happening any time soon. In the future please do not post threads with titles like "Cedric Benson to the Lions" and then include in a reply somewhere down the thread that you got some info you can't share that suggested a signing might be coming.

Peace

policy

. . . and that information likely came from a Detroit Free Press story that mentioned that although all LIONS sources say no signing is imminent, an Austin City Councilman who was supposed to co-host an event with Benson told the assembled crowd that Benson wasn't there because he was 'signing a contract' with the Lions.

It ain't happening any time soon. In the future please do not post threads with titles like "Cedric Benson to the Lions" and then include in a reply somewhere down the thread that you got some info you can't share that suggested a signing might be coming.

Peace

policy

Cry me a river, I was just trying to help get some information out there. I understood it to be a done deal.

Cry me a river, I was just trying to help get some information out there. I understood it to be a done deal.

It's no skin off my teeth, I knew what was up. I just wanted to make sure that nobody got the wrong idea from your helpful information.

Peace

policy

. . .an Austin City Councilman who was supposed to co-host an event with Benson told the assembled crowd that Benson wasn't there because he was 'signing a contract' with the Lions.

Just from my own experience...don't believe anything that comes out of the mouth of an Austin City Councilman... :wacko: