[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vilma?

capostatus

whats everyones opinion on jonathan vilma this year? he had 173 total tackles in 05 and has 43 fantasy points in my league so far. i thought david harris was a stud but he hasnt performed well thus far and has a bye week comin up soon. i know its only the first 2 weeks but i have space i can make for another defensive player and will need a bye replacement regardless in a couple weeks

theres some other good names out there like keith rivers, james harrison, d'quell jackson but i dont know which to pick up

will vilma be a stud this season?

yes, grab Vilma as fast as you can. I went to get him on Sunday afternoon and it was to late. I also have Harris and would be starting Vilma over Harris right now. Hopefully Harris will pick it up. The 3-4 will help Vilma big time, pick him up and ride it out with him.

Vilma does NOT play in a 3-4

a 3-4 is

DE DL DE

OLB...ILB...ILB....OLB

VILMA PLAYS IN A 4-3

DE DT DT DE

WLB MLB SLB

I wish I would have gone with my gut and drafted him in more leagues. As Gil said, the guy was a monster in the Jet 4-3 and dropped off after a few nagging injuries and change in defensive scheme. Looks like he's healthy, and back in the 4-3 he'll continue to put up big numbers.

so you think i should start vilma this week? problem is my damn kicker is on bye next week and i wanted to drop javon walker for a filler....now i gotta drop 2 players

i think i might still start harris this week since DEN is gonna be throwin a lot on the saints secondary plus i like playin monday night players. think harris will get on track this week and have a nice game

so you think i should start vilma this week? problem is my damn kicker is on bye next week and i wanted to drop javon walker for a filler....now i gotta drop 2 players

i think i might still start harris this week since DEN is gonna be throwin a lot on the saints secondary plus i like playin monday night players. think harris will get on track this week and have a nice game

There is no way in heck I bench Vilma this week or for the foreseeable future.

Why would you want to start Harris if the Broncos are going to be throwing a lot? :wacko: Even still, I think Harris could have a decent game but won't be shocked if he's right around 5 solos, a couple of assists and maybe one other scoring stat.

Did anybody see the game and figure out why Vilma only had 1 unassisted tackle? Was it just a function of playing against a pass-happy team?

Not that I am going to drop him... I'd only do that if he does the same in his next 5 games: SF, MIN, OAK, CAR, SD. Ya think the MLB might be heavily used against those 5 teams? :wacko: