[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT Status

Red Storm

SAN DIEGO -- LaDainian Tomlinson missed his second straight day of practice because of a jammed right big toe as the San Diego Chargers prepare for Monday night's home game against the New York Jets.

AFC West blog

ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Coach Norv Turner doesn't know if Tomlinson will practice on Friday.

"He'll come out like he did today, move around a little bit, get treatment, do exercises inside, and I'm sure if he feels like he can go, he will," Turner said.

Tomlinson hurt the toe on the Chargers' last drive of a 26-24 home loss to Carolina on opening day. He said he aggravated it during a 39-38 loss at Denver on Sunday, when he was held to 26 yards on 10 carries.

In the second quarter, a team trainer was examining Tomlinson's toe on the sideline.

"There were different times during the game that he didn't feel very good. But what he told me was the morning after the game it didn't feel worse than it did a week ago," Turner said.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Edited by Red Storm

He's on my bench until he plays a full game. I knew this would happen - I traded up to #1 on the day of my draft and was thrilled to take LT. I joked with my buddies that this would be the year he gets hurt. :wacko:

But luckily for me, I drafted Chris Johnson. My 2 starting RBs are M Turner and C Johnson w/ Reggie Bush as my flex. I can be patient in waiting for LT. I keep telling myself that I'll get the "real" LT in the 2nd half of the year. Fingers crossed.

I don't have the official statement or link, but on the Chargers injury report, it indicated that LT did not participate again in practice today.

The Chargers injury report is a complete waste of time and cannot be believed. LT says the toe feels better, but as I have stated in another thread on Sproles, these kind of toe injuries can linger and limit a player for weeks to months. LT's production will suffer and Sproles' numbers will benefit. Jacob Hester might even get some carries.

The Chargers injury report is a complete waste of time and cannot be believed. LT says the toe feels better, but as I have stated in another thread on Sproles, these kind of toe injuries can linger and limit a player for weeks to months. LT's production will suffer and Sproles' numbers will benefit. Jacob Hester might even get some carries.

Thanks to Belichick injury reports are more bs than honest these days. Any word out there on Clinton Hart?

Thanks to Belichick injury reports are more bs than honest these days. Any word out there on Clinton Hart?

Hart is practicing full workouts with a soft cast and will play.

Hey, Big John, you think you can pull up the threads from the last four years of LT's meltdown at the beginning of the season? Sheeesh people! :wacko:

The year he broke the NFL TD record, I traded for him CHEAP in three leagues in the first three weeks! :D

Calm down. Relax. Enjoy the ride.

Hey, Big John, you think you can pull up the threads from the last four years of LT's meltdown at the beginning of the season? Sheeesh people! :wacko:

The year he broke the NFL TD record, I traded for him CHEAP in three leagues in the first three weeks! :D

Thanks. LT owners. The sky is falling. :D

I found one...what a laugh

Edited by LayLow

LaDainian Tomlinson (RB)

9/19: LaDainian Tomlinson did not sound very positive when discussing his toe injury after Friday's practice according to ESPN.com. "It went OK," Tomlinson said. "I did what I wanted to do. I didn't expect to do full participation but I wanted to get out and do some stuff running the football. It definitely is a lot better than last week. That's the exciting part about it. But at that same time, I'm going to be realistic about it. I'm pretty sure on Monday, I'll probably still have a little problem with it but it will be a week better."

LaDainian Tomlinson (RB)

9/19: LaDainian Tomlinson did not sound very positive when discussing his toe injury after Friday's practice according to ESPN.com. "It went OK," Tomlinson said. "I did what I wanted to do. I didn't expect to do full participation but I wanted to get out and do some stuff running the football. It definitely is a lot better than last week. That's the exciting part about it. But at that same time, I'm going to be realistic about it. I'm pretty sure on Monday, I'll probably still have a little problem with it but it will be a week better."

Then DON'T play at all and get better! http://forums.thehuddle.com/style_emoticon...fault/coach.gif

Yes, I have Sproles also, but with LT "trying" to make it happen, all I really have is 1/2 of two backs. Can't really count on either one which is what makes this game so frustrating and fun at the same time.

What are you guys doing that don't have Sproles on yuor roster. I just hate to bench him and be the guy who loses 28 pts when he goes off but if he don't play or is limited i get nothing. :wacko:

What are you guys doing that don't have Sproles on yuor roster. I just hate to bench him and be the guy who loses 28 pts when he goes off but if he don't play or is limited i get nothing. :D

I'm starting LT in 32 Homers because I don't have a better option. I figure he'll get me between 10-20 points at home against the Jets. If you've got another RB on your roster who's healthy and can potentially get about the same number of points or better, you should start him. :wacko:

I'm starting LT in 32 Homers because I don't have a better option. I figure he'll get me between 10-20 points at home against the Jets. If you've got another RB on your roster who's healthy and can potentially get about the same number of points or better, you should start him. :wacko:

I'm starting both LT and Sproles.

What are you guys doing that don't have Sproles on yuor roster. I just hate to bench him and be the guy who loses 28 pts when he goes off but if he don't play or is limited i get nothing. :wacko:

Looks like I'm starting Kevin Smith in his place this week. I'll take Smith's safe 10 points this week, as opposed to the possible swing between 0 and 20 points for Tomlinson.