[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers vs. Eagles

Menudo

What a terrible week for my project to go live. Living where I live, a lot of my friends are Eagles fans, so, this is a big week. This game only comes around once every four years, and I feel like I haven't gotten to think about it or even read anything on it, due to work requirements. Surprisingly, I haven't seen much trash talk on the board, nor have I gotten any from my friends. Maybe it's because I usually start it......... :wacko:

As a Steelers fan, I'm really looking forward to this game, as I think it will give me a good idea of just how good the Steelers actually are. The Eagles already proved to me how good they are, with their game against the Cowboys. I think this will also give us a good barometer on how good this offensive line for the Steelers actually is. Despite my deep concerns, and their abysmal play in the pre-season, the offensive line has actually played very well thus far. Yes, Roethlisberger has been sacked 5 times in 2 games, but, a couple of those were coverage sacks, and other than those plays, the offensive line has been doing surprisingly well, in both the running and passing game. The Eagles defense will provide a good test, with their ability to blitz from all angles, just like the Steelers do. As is often the case, the success of the running game, and the ability to protect the QB will be HUGH in deciding the winner of this game.

My heart tells me that the Steelers will take it to the Eagles, just as they did in Heinz Field four years ago, when the Eagles came in at 7-0. However, my brain is telling me that this will be a tough one for the Steelers.

My head says 27-24 Eagles, but, when it comes to football, my heart supercedes my head, so, my prediction:

Steelers 31

Eagles 27

:D Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

What a terrible week for my project to go live. Living where I live, a lot of my friends are Eagles fans, so, this is a big week. This game only comes around once every four years, and I feel like I haven't gotten to think about it or even read anything on it, due to work requirements. Surprisingly, I haven't seen much trash talk on the board, nor have I gotten any from my friends. Maybe it's because I usually start it......... :wacko:

As a Steelers fan, I'm really looking forward to this game, as I think it will give me a good idea of just how good the Steelers actually are. The Eagles already proved to me how good they are, with their game against the Cowboys. I think this will also give us a good barometer on how good this offensive line for the Steelers actually is. Despite my deep concerns, and their abysmal play in the pre-season, the offensive line has actually played very well thus far. Yes, Roethlisberger has been sacked 5 times in 2 games, but, a couple of those were coverage sacks, and other than those plays, the offensive line has been doing surprisingly well, in both the running and passing game. The Eagles defense will provide a good test, with their ability to blitz from all angles, just like the Steelers do. As is often the case, the success of the running game, and the ability to protect the QB will be HUGH in deciding the winner of this game.

My heart tells me that the Steelers will take it to the Eagles, just as they did in Heinz Field four years ago, when the Eagles came in at 7-0. However, my brain is telling me that this will be a tough one for the Steelers.

My head says 27-24 Eagles, but, when it comes to football, my heart supercedes my head, so, my prediction:

Steelers 31

Eagles 27

you cover it every way but a 27 27 tie

Is this game a big rivalry in PA ? I dont recall these 2 teams clashing that much over the years.

Well, they don't play often, so, not really, but, amongst certain groups it is. Any time that a Pittsburgh team plays a Philadelphia team in any sport, it has some special meaning to me, as it provides bragging rights amongst my friends.

The Steelers and Eagles came close to meeting in the Super Bowl, a few times, but, one team always blew it in the championship game.

Is this game a big rivalry in PA ? I dont recall these 2 teams clashing that much over the years.

Nope

No different then the Eagles playing the Ravens except the Steelers have uglier uniforms.

:wacko:

Steelers 31

Eagles 27

Go with your head, I like your bolded prediction above. Eagles in a very close game. My only concern is that they have a let down after a very tough, close game last Mondy night.

Nope

No different then the Eagles playing the Ravens except the Steelers have uglier uniforms.

actually, I think we do have a bigger rivalry with the Ravens....ever since the pre-season game that was called off at the last year of the Vet due to that NexTurf that was installed....

ever since then, every Ravens game has been big...

actually, I think we do have a bigger rivalry with the Ravens....ever since the pre-season game that was called off at the last year of the Vet due to that NexTurf that was installed....

Actually second-to-last year.

Biggest game of the weekend by far. After the letdown Monday Night, I see the Eagles coming out hard involving Westy out of the backfield in a big way. I agree that this game is a nice test for both teams . Eagles only blitzed about 8-9 plays verse the Cowboys and I believe we will see more blitzing dialed up verse a knicked Big Ben. Dont think the Steelers are gonna have alot of success running the rock so pressure on the QB will be key for the Eagles to earn the win