[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there any hope for

Scourge

I need to know if there is any hope for LJ to be productive this year. He was basically offered to me as a throw in but I don't even think I want anything to do with this bum. So I ask this from the KC faithful on this board. Is there any hope? Does Herm have any confidence in this guy? Has LJ lost his passion for the game? What say ye?

I think he's still a viable RB and still has some value. He didn't get many carries due to the game situation last week. I think he'll still get 20+ carries a week and will have some significant games, determining which ones will be the problem. It's the Oline thats a mess and the reason he's struggling so much. At least he is complaining about not getting the work rather than not saying anything at all. I think he'll have an ok game this week.

Shaun Alexander/Rudi Johnson and now Larry Johnson. I'm sure he'll have a couple decent games(because he's bound to get 20 carries at least a couple more times this year).

The Chiefs looked like a JV team when Thigpen was in there last week. (Not that they looked much better with Croyle) They just looked like a bunch of 5 year olds on offense not having a clue where to go vs. the Raiders.

We will find out this week. How many carries he gets, will he get the goal line carries, how much will Charles be involved and does the offense still struggle against a mediocre defense.

He will NOT be in my starting lineup until some of those questions are answered. Then again, once they are answered, he will probably never make my starting lineup again.

I think the only chance he's got is for Huard to be healthy and starting. That isn't even saying much, but it's their only hope.

I'm pretty sure that Huard is just fine. :D This is all about Herm wanting to see what his younger players can do. :wacko:

We will find out this week. How many carries he gets, will he get the goal line carries, how much will Charles be involved and does the offense still struggle against a mediocre defense.

He will NOT be in my starting lineup until some of those questions are answered. Then again, once they are answered, he will probably never make my starting lineup again.

There is some hope that some dumb other owner will take him off my hands in a deal. If I end up trading Manning, I will force the other owner to take LJ off my hands. I am in a keeper league and LJ arguably has some value as a keeper (I have him at a fairly cheap price so it hasnt hurt me). I won a championship with the guy a few years ago so I cant complain that much, but he has stank it up since then. I need to just be done with him and stop worrying in the off-season whether or not the Chiefs will be a decent football team. Ive had it. At some point this season LJ will become someone elses headache.

Unfortunately, LJ's value as a keeper is later in the year -- trading him to a team that is out of it and willing to part with a star in return for a flier on LJ as a keeper next year (he could get traded to a contender, the Chiefs could be improved, hell could freeze over, pigs could fly, etc.)

So im probably stuck with him on my bench for now. Ill go with Ryan Grant, FWP, Sammy Morris and Steve Slaton before I risk putting LJ in at this point until I see a little bit of consistency. Unlikely given the sorry state of the QB position on the Chiefs and a still developing O Line.

If anyone wants any silver linings, I do think the Chiefs offensive line will come together over this season a bit making them a bit less stanky. But if Thiggy remains the QB there its going to be a loooooooooong season.

Herman Edwards just has to get fired for this btw. I have been following the Chiefs very carefully for a few years since I hitched my wagon to LJ. Im a huge Jets fan and watched Herm run the Jets into the ground and do the same with the Chiefs. The decision to go with the brittle Croyle as the starter this season and not get a seasoned backup in addition to Huard (or instead of) is just criminal. Anyone following Croyle's career going back to college days knows this guy cant stay healthy and the NFL is obviously more physical than college. He is an injury waiting to happen. For all of the talk of the Chief's great draft (and they clearly got some great players) the Packers managed to draft 2 other QBs of high quality even though they had a quality replacement for Favre in Aaron Rodgers. What do the Chiefs do? Tyler Thigpen?????? This guy is just not an NFL QB. And the Chiefs fans I know (who are the BEST in the NFL in my opinion) have had it. You have to try hard to have the Chiefs faithful give up on the team and its close to happening. And quite frankly I cant blame them.

The Chiefs are a mess. I wouldnt touch a Chiefs player with a ten foot pole this season. LJ will ride the pine on my team until this thing turns around which will be when Herm is fired and gone and a real bona fide NFL QB takes over. They dont have one. And if anyone got the memo, you kinda need that to have any kind of success in the NFL.

Its ugly there folks. And like the economy, it might get uglier before it gets better. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But LJ is likely useless until next year and its quite probable he gets traded. I wouldnt be shocked to see him in a Patriots uniform next year.