[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints sign QB Joey Harrington

myhousekey

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/09/sa...ack_joey_h.html

The Saints have signed quarterback Joey Harrington, and he was on the field Friday in Metairie for the Saints' practice.

To make room on the roster, the Saints released defensive tackle Alvin McKinley.

Harrington last played with the Atlanta Falcons in 2007 and completed 62 percent of his passes for 2,215 yards with seven touchdowns and eight interceptions.

He played four seasons with the Detroit Lions, being drafted by Detroit out of Oregon in 2002, and his best season was 2004 when he completed 56 percent of his passes for 3,047 yards and 19 touchdowns.

He spent the 2006 season with the Miami Dolphins.

:wacko:

9/24/08 Update:

.........and Harrington has been released.

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/09/ro...he_new_orl.html

10/1/08 Update

.........and he's back on the team.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/10/01/...-Harrington.php

Edited by myhousekey

er as a backup, they could sure do worse and in some teams already are - or am I the only one who has heard of Jim freakin Sorgi? :wacko:

I know what you're saying. But would you rather have an unknown or a proven loser?

I know what you're saying. But would you rather have an unknown or a proven loser?

If you don't know Sorgi sucks, you've never seen him play. :wacko:

As for Harrington, you might want to check the teams he played for.

Name all the backups who are better than him in the NFL. Not as many as you might think.

If you don't know Sorgi sucks, you've never seen him play. :wacko:

As for Harrington, you might want to check the teams he played for.

Name all the backups who are better than him in the NFL. Not as many as you might think.

I see. Harrington is too good to make the roster of sucky teams.

And for your second question, how about every backup QB with a job?

I see. Harrington is too good to make the roster of sucky teams.

And for your second question, how about every backup QB with a job?

Yeah, NFL teams would seem to agree w/you.

Then again, NFL teams have been known to be wrong, to put it mildly. How many teams was O'Sullivan dumped from? Why was Kurt Warner bagging groceries till the Rams took a flyer? How many teams (oh that's right, all of them) passed on Tom Brady at least 5 times in that year's draft? etc etc etc.

Yeah, NFL teams would seem to agree w/you.

Then again, NFL teams have been known to be wrong, to put it mildly. How many teams was O'Sullivan dumped from? Why was Kurt Warner bagging groceries till the Rams took a flyer? How many teams (oh that's right, all of them) passed on Tom Brady at least 5 times in that year's draft? etc etc etc.

Well, I suppose that a number of NFL teams could have got it wrong. But if you can't land a spot on the Detroit, Atlanta, or Miami rosters, the dregs of the NFL, I'm pretty sure that its fair to say that you suck.

Something just feels right that Millen and Harrington lose their job on the same day.

:wacko:

Agreed, was so mad the day we drafted his worthless ass. Beer, you're barking up the wrong tree. Joey sucks, has always sucked, and will always suck. Didn't take the other teams as long to see this as it did the LIons. No heart, no passion, no game. I doubt he could make it in the CFL or Arena leagues.