[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DEN / SD game

pokerboss

not sure if this issue has been brought up here, as my internet has been on the fritz.

in the denver, san diego game there was an early challenge by the chargers on a fumble by chambers i believe. the call would likely have been reversed and the chargers kept the ball. problem was that the replay equipment was not working at the time of the challenge, so the challenge was not allowed (chargers kept their timeout). my issue with this scenario is whether or not either team should be allowed to challenge a call for the remainder of the game, or at least first half, after this happened. seems to me that it would be unfair to allow denver to challenge a call at a later time, when the earlier challenge couldnt be ruled on. would be totally unfair in my mind for one team to lose out on a challenge they theoretically would have won, and then let another team challenge and win, just because the equipment happened to be working at that time. in the nfl, if one team sideline communications arent working ( headphones ), the other is required to turn off theirs. is this not the same scenario, if the equipment does not work for one team, then the other should not use it either ?

just tossing this out for the masses to opinionate ?

They had a cracked hard drive in a computer that relays to the machine that operated the replay. They repaired it after discovering what the problem was. They rebooted the computer a couple times in hopes it would come back up for Hocculi but it wouldn't that's when they discovered the issue and fixed it. It is the first time it has ever happened. They have since implemented a rule that the equipment hass to be tested before every game from now on (not sure why this wasn't being done before).

The officials did everything they possibly could in this game to make sure denver won, it was the absolute worse officiated game i have ever watched.. I hate to even say this but, to me this game was predetermined.

Aside from the 2 obvious plays, which calls make this the worst game you have ever watched.

Aside from the 2 obvious plays, which calls make this the worst game you have ever watched.

Well i have personally never watched a game the the outcome of it was 100% decided by the refs the way this one was, the game was over on the cutler fumble san diego recovered with 1 minute left in the game...

Besides the 2 very obvious missed calls there were a few others that hurt them.. phantom holding call on chambers on the sproles 50 or 60 yard td run comes to mind offhand. but those kinda calls do happen often so it wasnt as big of a deal as the other 2

Well i have personally never watched a game the the outcome of it was 100% decided by the refs the way this one was, the game was over on the cutler fumble san diego recovered with 1 minute left in the game...

Besides the 2 very obvious missed calls there were a few others that hurt them.. phantom holding call on chambers on the sproles 50 or 60 yard td run comes to mind offhand. but those kinda calls do happen often so it wasnt as big of a deal as the other 2

See you are mistaken. Last time I checked the game is 1 hour long. And during that hour both teams have the opportunity to score and prevent the other team from scoring. I highly doubt that either team executed their game plan to perfection during that time frame. I also expect that it is highly likely that every single play didn't play out as they hoped.

When Cutler fumbled the ball SD still had the lead. They had an opportunity to win the game by stopping Denver on 3rd and goal, on 4th and goal and then again on the 2 point conversion. They failed in all three instances.

See you are mistaken. Last time I checked the game is 1 hour long. And during that hour both teams have the opportunity to score and prevent the other team from scoring. I highly doubt that either team executed their game plan to perfection during that time frame. I also expect that it is highly likely that every single play didn't play out as they hoped.

When Cutler fumbled the ball SD still had the lead. They had an opportunity to win the game by stopping Denver on 3rd and goal, on 4th and goal and then again on the 2 point conversion. They failed in all three instances.

Shoulda never come down to having to stop them. They did stop their drive by recovering the fumble....

Edited by kevins330

I know one was the Cutler fumble, what was the other one?

This is an idiotic statement. SD did evrything they had to do to win the game BEFORE the ref blew the call. To say that they could have done more AFTER that is idiotic. All you can ask is to do what it takes to win and they DID that prior to blowing the call.

Grits - this statement is even more idiotic than your useless 3.456745 posts.

Losing that game puts SD in a hole no doubt.

There are going to be good calls/bad calls in every game.

The Cutler fumble was magnified because it was at the end of the game. Would we be discussing it as much if it came at the start of the game?

San Diego's defense needs to figure out how to put pressure on a qb and Cromartie needs to figure out how to cover somebody.

I don't care if he is very athletic and had 10 picks last year. The guy hasn't covered anybody yet this year.

I'm hoping the Jets try to run a lot and forget Favre is their qb instead of Pennington this year or it could be another long night for SD

Grits is merely making a point but you're 100% comment sort of hung you out to dry. That call was horrid and certainly had it gone the way it should have, SD wins for sure. However, 100% implies that SD was powerless to overcome that bad call either before or after it. If they're up by 10 pts, it doesn't matter. If they stop Den afterwards, doesn't matter. Thus, the game was not 100% decided by the refs.

Granted, SD's chances of winning the game if that call goes right are nearly 100% (after all they could always botch the snap or something) but that's something else entirely.

The officials did everything they possibly could in this game to make sure denver won, it was the absolute worse officiated game i have ever watched.. I hate to even say this but, to me this game was predetermined.

Yeah, because the league wants the Chargers to lose... :wacko:

Yes, the officiating was horrid, but to say it was fixed is asinine.

Yeah, because the league wants the Chargers to lose... :wacko:

Yes, the officiating was horrid, but to say it was fixed is asinine.

I'll add that Ed Hoc was voted by the coaches as the best official in the game last year.

No link, heard it on the radio.

In live speed I don't think that was "very obvious" as you stated.

It looked to me like Champ caught the ball.

There are two opposite complaints about this game which contradict each other.

1. Refs shouldn't blow the whistle, because the call can be made correctly on replay. (fumble play at the end)

2. The replay is unreliable, and refs made the call wrong on the field. (Champ interception)

Which is it? Should the refs trust their eyes and make the call they way they see it, or should they lay off the whistle and rely on the replay as the sole arbitrator?

Either way, except for a kick return and a few Sproles scrambles... Denver kicked San Diego's ass up and down the field all game. If the refs had called some obvious PI calls on SD, it wouldn't have even been that close. You have work to do, Chargers.