[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WVA

Slugs

Bill Stewart sucks that's why, he has no business being a head coach, and is in way over his head

Terrible game plans, horrible clock management, on and on - they looked lik chit vs a bad Colorado team on Thurs.

He certainly has not been good but there's a lot more to it. They really miss Slaton and Schmitt. Slaton's not a big guy but he dwarfs Devine and you just can't replace a physical presence like Schmitt. They have nothing on the inside to balance the running game. And, oh yeah, both those guys are on NFL rosters. They are also not the same defensive team they were a year ago. I think Rodriguez leaving when he did was just like any number of coaching moves we have seen in the last 10 years or so. You go out on top(so to speak), get the big time gig and conveniently you are leaving the cubbard bare for your replacement. Spurrier did it to Zook, Carr to Rodriguez and Rodriguez to Stewart just to name a few.

Stewart is a horrible head coach.

When he got the job he decided he wanted to add motion and more passing to the offense.In theory that sounds great,but it takes away from the strength of your best player,Pat White.I lost track of how many times on third down they'd forget about White's legs.Pass play?Fine.But roll him out,or drop him back and have him run if the primary receiver isn't open.

WVU fans may still be angry at Rodriguez,but his teams took care of the football and he was smart enough to use Pat White strengths in crucial situations.

Let's not even talk about the horrible clock management at the end of the game when you're inside the other teams 50 with two timeouts,and not score with a timeout left in your pocket.Stewart looked absolutely lost.After watching two games,my conclusion is this-WVU wins that game with Rodriguez.This team has it's entire offensive line back,along with Devine and White,an offense that routinely scored 6-7 TD's a game,but now struggles.

RR found ways to win,BS finds ways to lose.It's early,but that's my conclusion at this point.

Edited by Sox

He certainly has not been good but there's a lot more to it. They really miss Slaton and Schmitt. Slaton's not a big guy but he dwarfs Devine and you just can't replace a physical presence like Schmitt. They have nothing on the inside to balance the running game. And, oh yeah, both those guys are on NFL rosters. They are also not the same defensive team they were a year ago. I think Rodriguez leaving when he did was just like any number of coaching moves we have seen in the last 10 years or so. You go out on top(so to speak), get the big time gig and conveniently you are leaving the cubbard bare for your replacement. Spurrier did it to Zook, Carr to Rodriguez and Rodriguez to Stewart just to name a few.

negative

of course they miss Slaton, but there is tons of talent on WVU - they are a mess and this is on Stewart- he isn't using White correctly.

A solid coach running the show has them beat CU by 14+ points.

negative

of course they miss Slaton, but there is tons of talent on WVU - they are a mess and this is on Stewart- he isn't using White correctly.

A solid coach running the show has them beat CU by 14+ points.

How can you say "negative" unless of course you are disagreeing with yourself? If you didn't notice, I agreed with you. I merely pointed out that in addition to some questionable coaching decisions they lost two NFL caliber backs and now have no inside running game. All I'm saying is even with a bad coach last year's team(even with Stewart) is probably 3-0 right now. Frankly, I was shocked that they were preseason ranked in the top ten.