[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown Starting

Flip_Side

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance that he goes back to splitting carries next week? This week wasn't because Ricky was dinged (or bonged) up was it?

You know, up until Brown broke that long one, Ricky actually had better numbers in terms of yardage and ypc, just no TDs. Even including Brown's long run, in terms of total yards and yards per touch, they finished about even. Ricky did finish up with 98 yds on 16 carries with an additional 21 yds on 2 catches and it wasn't like Brown soften up the D and Ricky came in late for some garbage yards. They were splitting carries all along, it's just that NE somehow couldn't figure out that when Brown was lined up at QB he was going to run so he kept taking that play to the house.

How sweet it is to spank the Pats on their own field. :wacko:

It will be interesting to see just how much the Dolphins use their new "wildcat" formation going forward - Pennington Lined up at WR with Ronnie and Ricky both in the backfield.

The young OLine really came together yesterday as they blew the Pats off the ball all game long. Jake Long IS a LT.

After the game they direct snapped the soap to Ronnie in the shower. Then this morning his housekeeper direct snapped his breakfast to him. And the Tuna is going to direct snap him his paycheck.

And it'll work every time.

After the game they direct snapped the soap to Ronnie in the shower. Then this morning his housekeeper direct snapped his breakfast to him. And the Tuna is going to direct snap him his paycheck.

And all the NE defenders continued to buy the fake.

I would say 0 for 0.

(It is their bye week)

I'll bet he gets 60 yards and two TD's on his bye. He's the offensive equivalent to (dare I say) Teddi Bruschi. :wacko:

hater

He led the league in rushing last year before his injury with arguably a worse Oline. He looks like the Ronnie of old (pre-injury 2007) right now.

Now, I'm certainly not going to go as far as Grits did but you'd better hope that teams don't figure out that play. Out of more standard formations, Brown's numbers on Sunday would have been more like 14 carries for 44 yds and 1 TD. That 15 yd TD coming on a play that any NFL caliber RB, starter or backup would have scored on. That's a bit less impressive.

Don't get me wrong, I hope the kid has a great comeback season and what he did yesterday was amazing. None the less...

There's no doubt in my mind that Ronnie Brown is one of the most complete and talented RB's in the league. That being said, He's still on the Dolphins, so temper expectations going forward. If I've learned anything in my 10 years of FF, it's that situation trumps talent almost every time. Allot of Ronnie's success last year was due to the system he was in. Cameron loves to horse a stud RB. It's obvious now that the new Dolphin Brass would rather keep him fresh by giving Ricky a significant amount of touches as well.

Not sure but it definitely seems like Belichick didn't watch much Arkansas football the past few years.

I bet the Google searches for "Wildhog formation" spiked in the AFC East over the past 24 hours.

I'm still totally perplexed by the fact that, of all Ds, NE's wasn't able to figure that thing out. I mean, they may be old and slow but they've always gotten props for being savvy. There's not a whole lot of plays they can run out of that, is there?

Ok, the better question now is.............

What is Ronnie Browns trade value??? :D:wacko::D

Got him on my bench as my 4th RB.......and need a top end QB or WR....... Any thoughs on his value for some moran who will put value in this one week explosion????

Ok, the better question now is.............

What is Ronnie Browns trade value??? :D:wacko::D

Got him on my bench as my 4th RB.......and need a top end QB or WR....... Any thoughs on his value for some moran who will put value in this one week explosion????

I would think you could get a decent WR #2 for RBrown. It all depends on what the other owner feels about his prospects for the rest of the year.