[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver

Patriots

Well, their defense is giving up big plays, but at least they aren't giving up little plays.

That 4-down goal line stand was pretty impressive (even if it resulted in a safety once we got the ball).

We held them on a few 3rd and shorts at the end.

But the 3rd and longs were miserable. It was like watching the 2005 AFC Championship game against Pittsburgh all over again. Every time the Saints needed a big play, they got a big play.

As a Denver fan, I'm not sure I can say they're the team to beat, but the offense is amazing so far. The defense worries me a lot though They have a great shot at the division, though - 2 wins in the West already, and I don't see them losing to KC or OAK, so even if they split with SD, they're 5-1 against the West.

Even with that D, if the offense keeps clicking like that, Denver is going to make a push for a first round bye. Their schedule isn't so bad... Finishes up tough @ CAR, vs. BUF and @ SD. But pretty soft looking in the middle (Miami, Oakland, Cleveland Atlanta, NY Jets)... And don't forget they get KC twice which might as well be in the W column already.

2 coaching errors in that game:

1. Saints should have kicked the field goal, especially after three unsuccessful runs into the middle of the line. (end of 1st half)

2. Denver should have never handed the ball off in their own endzone, which resulted in a safety. Just qb sneak it out for one yard and let the half run out!

This was a nailbiter for sure. Denver's D is nonexistant. Seriously, what is their problem! I refuse to believe that it is a lack of talent, so it must be the playcalling. The linebackers have a lot to answer for---and I hate it that whenever they make a tackle they are pumping their fists and shooting their mouths off, completely ignoring the fact that the offenses in the last 2 weeks have OWNED you.

I don't know if they are good or just lucky right now. :wacko:

Even with that D, if the offense keeps clicking like that, Denver is going to make a push for a first round bye. Their schedule isn't so bad... Finishes up tough @ CAR, vs. BUF and @ SD. But pretty soft looking in the middle (Miami, Oakland, Cleveland Atlanta, NY Jets)... And don't forget they get KC twice which might as well be in the W column already.

I would not call Atlanta or the Jets "soft". Miami also just beat NE.... might not be as bad as many people think they are.

The Denver O looks unstoppable, but the D is plain awful. Go up against a good D.... all bets are off.

• 1 month later...
Gotta bump this thread. Amazing how different things were in mid September, eh?

yeah, the funniest thing to me about the thread is all the "well might as well chalk up 2 wins against KC" talk. KC's one win. What's Shannarat's record in Arrowhead again? :wacko:

Actually that would be 66.66666666666666666666666666667% accurate.

Actually that would be 66.66666666666666666666666666666% accurate. :wacko: