[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers Cowboys game thread

piratesownninjas

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

no he did'nt. Take away the blown coverage play to Driver and he did'nt do squat. :wacko:

and make no mistake, Dallas' pass D ain't that great...

A. Rodgers 22/39 300 yards and a touchdown is squat... Even if you take away the 50 yard Driver play, he still put p 250 and a TD... I never said he played lights out, but really well.

Maybe the dumbest post of the night. The difference in this game is Barber and Felix Jones, and the Packers making stupid mistakes. Rodgers has outplayed Romo, so if he's green, what is Romo tonight?

Wow, still throwing out the excuses. Dallas dominated this game in every facet of the game. Dallas D was dominant, the O scored 27 pts, and it should have been much more if not Romo's boneheadedness down inside the 10. Green Bay is solid, but they are no where near Dallas, in fact Id rate them behind even Philly and the Giants in the NFC. Rodgers outplayed Romo, what the hell are you watching. Romo gave you a FG just before the half, which took points off the board for Dallas in the red zone, and Dallas still stomps your ass. Dallas looked like they were just going through the motions tonight, and they ho hummed 27 pts, and held GB to 3 FG, until the game was out of hand, and started playing prevent.

Packer fans can rejoice Al Harris wasnt on TO all night. At least Charles woodson can actually cover someone. :wacko: And quit with the excuses, Green Bay is good. What does it hurt to tip your hat to a better team every once in a while. Why the excuses. Dallas came in your house and kicked your ass on National TV. Accept it.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

whatever dude. look at the stats. did you watch the game? How many of his yards came on the blown play to Driver and after the game was in hand and Dallas was in the "prevent"?

and that was great thinking by Jackson to run out of bounds 8 yds shy of the 1st on fourth down. :wacko:

I do know that he outplayed Romo in only his third game. If you were being subjective you would look at what was going on around him... Lack of a running game, constant pressure in the pocket, and yet he was still mistake free and moving the offense. Are you kidding? And as far as Dumpster fire goes, that's what he does... Spare us all to death.

A. Rodgers 22/39 300 yards and a touchdown is squat... Even if you take away the 50 yard Driver play, he still put p 250 and a TD... I never said he played lights out, but really well.

plus the 50 or so he threw for in the 4th when the game was over. And the td was on a sneak from the 2? C'mon, "he's better than Favre, he runs the spread better than Favre", "he almost beat Dallas last year".

Ya got beat tonight and Dallas looked like they were sleepwalking for most of the game.

Wow, still throwing out the excuses. Dallas dominated this game in every facet of the game. Dallas D was dominant, the O scored 27 pts, and it should have been much more if not Romo's boneheadedness down inside the 10. Green Bay is solid, but they are no where near Dallas, in fact Id rate them behind even Philly and the Giants in the NFC. Rodgers outplayed Romo, what the hell are you watching. Romo gave you and then when I wore my first dressers a FG just before the half, which took points off the board for Dallas in the red zone, and Dallas still stomps your ass.

Packer fans can rejoice Al Harris wasnt on TO all night. At least Charles woodson can actually cover someone. :D And quit with the excuses, Green Bay is good. What does it hurt to tip your hat to a better team every once in a while. Why the excuses. Dallas came in your house and kicked your ass on National TV. Accept it.

Didn't really make any excuses Ryan, just stated that Rodgers played well. If you would pull your head out of your ass long enough and read my posts you would have seen that I said Barber ran all over them and is the best at running the ball in the entire league. I don't think I ever said that Green Bay was as good as Dallas at this point. They're the youngest team in the league and are still putting things together. I do think they're better than what they showed tonight, but Dallas is one of the two best teams in the league. You're all over the place with Romo saying he played better and would have been even better than that but threw an INT :wacko: Romo made a stupid decision. It's ok. Dallas didn't stomp my ass. I don't play for the Packers. You didn't stomp anyones ass. You don't play for anyone.

The end of your post is the best, telling me to quit with excuses when I haven't had any. It's also funny as you're an excuse machine every year around the start of the playoffs...

Dallas looked like they were sleepwalking for most of the game.

I agree and I dont get this. Dallas media all picked GB to win this game because they are coming off such an emotional win at home, on a short week, and then traveling to GB, where they have never won. I simply didnt see how GB was going to stay with Dallas offensively. How they would score 30 pts to win this game, but hell they couldnt even score 20. And the Dallas O was out of sync all night. Romo played a average game, and still looked better than Rogers to me. Barber and that OL is going to be a bear for any team to deal with. And Demarcus Ware is a beast. Dude is going to be one of the great ones before hes done.

plus the 50 or so he threw for in the 4th when the game was over. And the td was on a sneak from the 2? C'mon, "he's better than Favre, he runs the spread better than Favre", "he almost beat Dallas last year".

Ya got beat tonight and Dallas looked like they were sleepwalking for most of the game.

Huh? so stats only count when you want them to? :wacko: If we're doing that, then lets take out the 50 yard td to Austin while we're at it. A TD is a TD, regardless of where it was from. Does the drive that took place before that TD not count? You guys are insane.

No one said he was better than Favre, I said that I think if Favre played in this game it would have been much uglier. Favre would have tried to put the team on his back and would have forced the ball and made mistakes. The Packers lost, but not because of Rodgers and his decision making. Nowhere have I stated that Rodgers almost beat Dallas last year.

And yes, a sleepwalking Dallas team beat a sleepwalking Green Bay team...

Dallas won the game. The controlled the line on both sides and dictated the running game on both sides. Congrats to Dallas on the win.

Didn't really make any excuses Ryan, just stated that Rodgers played well. If you would pull your head out of your ass long enough and read my posts you would have seen that I said Barber ran all over them and is the best at running the ball in the entire league. I don't think I ever said that Green Bay was as good as Dallas at this point. They're the youngest team in the league and are still putting things together. I do think they're better than what they showed tonight, but Dallas is one of the two best teams in the league. You're all over the place with Romo saying he played better and would have been even better than that but threw an INT :wacko: Romo made a stupid decision. It's ok. Dallas didn't stomp my ass. I don't play for the Packers. You didn't stomp anyones ass. You don't play for anyone.

The end of your post is the best, telling me to quit with excuses when I haven't had any. It's also funny as you're an excuse machine every year around the start of the playoffs...

I dont make excuses for Dallas in the playoffs. I just dont criticize my team when they lose in the playoffs. The fumble at Seattle, I dont blame Romo for losing that game. Even if they get the FG, the Dallas D wasnt exactly stopping anyone late in that game, and there was time for Hass to get a FG and still win. Last year, I thought Dallas didnt play the 2nd half like they did the first, and it caught them. No excuses, The Giants proved to be the better team that day, and the rest of the season. And when dallas loses this yr, I wont make excuses. I thought Dallas played ho hum for the past 2 games, and they still beat 2 good football teams. Are they the best in the NFL, I dont know. I think the Giants are pretty good, and I also like San Diego when they get rolling.

I think the Giants are pretty good, and I also like San Diego when they get rolling.

Dude, that's a different Chargers team this year... That defense doesn't look like it can get right at this point... I think the Giants by default are the no.1 team in the league with Dallas being a close second. I see a clear gap between those two and no.3

And this is where cowboy fans get the reputation...

Oh, and Aaron Rodgers played really well tonight... So if you're going to single out individual players, Rodgers isn't the one to pick on. Thanks for trying though.

Dude, lose the homer hat. What a cop out! How can you post with with an straight face going forward. Rogers was looking for the outhoues most of the night. He missed many a pass and surely puked at halftime. God love him for hanging in there, but come on? Romo had major issues tonight. He was not close to his best.

I can sleep with a clean conscious.

Dude, lose the homer hat. What a cop out! How can you post with with an straight face going forward. Rogers was looking for the outhoues most of the night. He missed many a pass and surely puked at halftime. God love him for hanging in there, but come on? Romo had major issues tonight. He was not close to his best.

I can sleep with a clean conscious.

It wasn't Rodgers that lost the game. Like I said Dallas dominated the trenches, dictated what they were going to do on offense and took away the packers rushing attack... All things considered, Rodgers played well. This loss isn't on him. The only fault he really had was a low completion percentage. You guys are freaking out over me saying Rodgers played well and wasn't the reason for the loss... How is that being a homer?

It wasn't Rodgers that lost the game. Like I said Dallas dominated the trenches, dictated what they were going to do on offense and took away the packers rushing attack... All things considered, Rodgers played well. This loss isn't on him. The only fault he really had was a low completion percentage. You guys are freaking out over me saying Rodgers played well and wasn't the reason for the loss... How is that being a homer?

Ok some very good points. But that being said, he reminded me of how Romo looked against the Gman in the playoffs. Romo was confused, pissed and sometimes looking very worried. All I am saying is I saw some of that tongiht in Rodgers. Its only his 3rd regular season start, so who cares, right?

He is special-much more than most thought.

Ok some very good points. But that being said, he reminded me of how Romo looked against the Gman in the playoffs. Romo was confused, pissed and sometimes looking very worried. All I am saying is I saw some of that tongiht in Rodgers. Its only his 3rd regular season start, so who cares, right?

Rodgers looked like Romo...that's hardly a backhanded compliment.

Really, what PON said is pretty dead on - Rodgers running game was put on the back burner (though reasonably effective when the team went to it), his WRs were having trouble getting open, and most of his passes came in a BAD game situation - Dallas knew that he had to throw and dropped however many into coverage while Ellis and Ware pinned their ears back and came after him hard.

That said, his numbers and minus plays were fairly close to Romo's - who was playing with the league and a 200+ yd/6+ ypc running game supporting him.

Did Rodgers look great? No. He didn't look particularly good, for that matter - but given the game situation, lots of QBs would've turned into a total pile of stank.

he reminded me of how Romo looked against the Gman in the playoffs.

He is special-much more than most thought.

And with this being only the third start of his career, I'm happy with it. Obviously I would have rather had a win tonight, but Rodgers continues to show that he's going to be something.

And on a completely unrelated topic, after four years of using the huddle forums I have finally noticed the "quick access" function to the left of the message field... So that's how you guys enter spoilers and codebox's... RainbOOOOw's....

Observations from last nights game

G.B abandoned the run way too early in this game

Rodgers is a good qb . He makes plays with his legs and looks like the real deal

Woodson did a phenominal job on T.O

I wish Donald Driver was on my team

Romo needs to get better with his decision making , especially in the red zone. Sometimes tuck it and run or throw it away and settle for 3.

Felix Jones ia a HR hitter and a perfect compliment to Barber. He hit a gear last night when he turned that corner that you dont see that often

Crayton is a piss poor wr2. If we didnt have Witten we would be screwed

Dallas D has nutted up since the 2nd half of the Philly game. They sure as hell bend but dont break. If not for Barbers late fumble GB may not score a td .

Dallas D needs to do better on 3rd down.

All in all it was a great win on the road against a tough team . I dont care if it was cold or not. We beat the Packers in Green bay handily. Period. Dallas won on an off night and that speaks volumes to me. I watched the Philly game yesterday and their D was absolutely awesome. The division will be a battle for sure and this is shaping up to be a very exciting football season.

From an impartial observer:

Anyone all over Rodgers wasnt watching the same game I was. How many times did GB have to go max protection and Dallas was still putting pressure on while rushing 4? When you have 7 guys covering 2 or 3, and still getting pressure, it aint gonna be pretty.

Dallas is the best team in the NFL. Their front 4 on defense has been very good. And on offense there are just too many weapons.

I thought GB played well enough to expect good things from them this year. Once Grant gets 100%, and if that defense can stay healthy, I see them growing into a contender. They should win the Black and Blue division again this year.

I agree with Womp, though. Felix has another gear most people dont. He is scary good. And Driver would be welcome on any team in the NFL. A true pro.