[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Denver Broncos

neilfish2

Holy Crap! Did you see all the illegal blocks in the back on that Saints' punt return? And the holding on a couple of Saints' running plays? NO never should have been in a position to win that game! DEN got screwed and only Gramatica's weakass leg provided justice for DEN.

Actually he had plenty of distance, even on the 50+ yard attempt. :wacko:

Tough to argue anyone is worse than DEN right now, BB. They're giving up 35 ppg at home.

No doubt.

Tough to argue anyone is worse than DEN right now, BB. They're giving up 35 ppg at home.

Against some pretty dynamic offenses. Wait until KC & Oak arrive here. Those numbers will be normalized a bit.

Let's understand each other - I completely agree that DEN's D sucks badly. But the SD & NO Os are pretty damn fine offensive teams. They can make a lot of the Ds in the league look bad.

Against some pretty dynamic offenses. Wait until KC & Oak arrive here. Those numbers will be normalized a bit.

Let's understand each other - I completely agree that DEN's D sucks badly. But the SD & NO Os are pretty damn fine offensive teams. They can make a lot of the Ds in the league look bad.

Except we can't get a dam yard....10 to 20 yds. no problem... :wacko:

NFL Net. Video

Check out the Highlights around the 4:21 mark on the Video..and tell me Bronco Billy if he got back at the snap of the ball

Sure calls are missed, but that one looks like it should have been obvious, especially on a 3rd and short :wacko:

Not sure it really mattered in the result of the play though.

Edited by kcmast

Nor was it my intention to use the non-call as why we didn't win. I just want too bring to lite the non-calls that have been going in the Broncos favor these pass 2 weeks.

You would figure after last week, the officating would be on their toes, but obviously not.

Have you ever tried to officiate anything without the benefit of 7 camera angles on tv?

I am a Football Official in Illinois. I am a recognized member of the Illinois High School Association and I officiate games every week of the High School season. I ref every level of football from 4th grade to High School Varsity, I will be reffing a game this Friday between to 3-1 teams who are tied for first in their conference so when it comes to officiating I am experienced, so I know of what I speak.

Seeing everything while officiating a sporting contest is an incredibly difficult thing to do under the best of circumstances under any circumstances other than the best it becomes nearly impossible to see everything.

Sometimes things that seem blatantly obvious from the camera angle look totally different or not seen at all from the angle of view of the official.

Even Ed Hochuly's blown call against San Diego, which I admit was a totally blown call, if you look at the replay of that call you will notice that Jay Cutler is directly between Ed Hochuly and his view of the ball and yet the camera angle we all saw was from in front of Jay Cutler giving all of america a much clearer view of what happened than Ed had at that moment in time.

Sometimes a ref can be within 5 feet of something happening and not see it.

I am not making excuses just trying to give an objective point of view from someone who has been there albeit at a much lower level of football.

I also officiate, been doing so for 20 yrs. Like you I work 5-6yrs old up too middle school. I know it can be difficult. But, I also know the tricks of the trade. That line judge can set himself up either a little to the left or right of the LoS, and from that stand point: Hey he is on the line.

But for an NFL official, NO EXCUSE! I understand missing a hold call, Hell u can call that every play. Even Face Mask. But the LJ is standing on the line, and his 1st and formost job is False Start & Encrochement.

So do not make excuses for the Refs.

I also officiate, been doing so for 20 yrs. Like you I work 5-6yrs old up too middle school. I know it can be difficult. But, I also know the tricks of the trade. That line judge can set himself up either a little to the left or right of the LoS, and from that stand point: Hey he is on the line.

But for an NFL official, NO EXCUSE! I understand missing a hold call, Hell u can call that every play. Even Face Mask. But the LJ is standing on the line, and his 1st and formost job is False Start & Encrochement.

I was not making excuses simply trying to shed some light.

As for the LJ he should move neither left nor right but instead should straddle the los.

And, I wish I would learn my lesson and stop trying to make objective points, but you missed my point.

What you see on a television screen can look totally different than what the official on the field saw. I make no excuses. I am just saying that maybe, just maybe what the LJ & the HL saw on the field was different than what you saw on the Television screen, or maybe they just blew the call hard to say without the benefit of having seen it through the eyes of the official on the field.

And if you truly have been officiating for 20 years I would think you would understand that, although I would also expect someone who has been officiating for 20 years to have advanced beyond the middle school level.

Another question,

What side of the field was the player on who you feel was offsides? Chain side or opposite the chains? And based on your answer which official would be responsible for making the call?

The Enver Broncos won't go too deep in the playoffs (if they make it) with that (lack of) defense.

Take it from the voice of experience from a San Eigo fan of the Coyelle era. Neither team has any "D".

There is a link to the play post earlier in this post. NFL. net video Also, the 1st post has a link of a still shot.

Check it out.

As for moving up in level, if you must know my business. I haven't moved up because of time. I still work, and can't make it to the field for game times. So I've chosen not to move up in levels. Plus the State of Louisiana is stupid when it comes to officals...

Edited by neilfish2