[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns QB Job Up For Grabs?

FordFairlane

The sad thing is that Crennel could play Quinn against a poor pass defense and let him get to work before we get further into the hole we are in. He wont, the Browns will lose another one and Quinn will be thrown to the wolves later in the year when we are pretty much eliminated. This decision could go a long ways in the fans eyes.

They faced some tough D's. I think they should let Anderson have a shot at a lesser D before they move on to Quinn. If Quinn gets the start he will most likely light up the inept Bengals and look like a hero

Why give DA a chance against a lesser D? The schedule is loaded with good defenses, so letting the guy have a good game against a crap defense will only buy him more horrible games against the NFC East and AFC South. That is why I say let Quinn get a confidence builder in against the Bungles and move onto the big boys. I think at this point Quinn is the bigger threat with regards to our personel. We really only have one WR threat, some decent TEs and a power run game, sounds exactly like what Quinn ran in the preseason. He excells at the short to medium passing game, so go two TE and go to our strengths and eat up the clock- our D sucks. Killed two birds with one stone.

Edited by dirtdickens

If Quinn gets the start he will most likely light up the inept Bengals and look like a hero

Isn't that the idea, though? Give the kid some confidence if the decision is made to go with him?

I have a feeling that they now realize what they have in Anderson....a guy who caught some defenses by surprise when he started last year, but as coordinators caught up with him and mixed up the schemes, he looks lost.

To be fair, having no semblence of a running game hasn't helped Anderson, though.

Lewis was going at 4.4 a carry at half and Crennel decided he wanted to come out throwing in the second half. Any wonder we went down big very quickly? Its like once the Browns went into pass mode the Ravens went into a frenzy. I dont get this team at all.

While we are talking about 1 year wonders, my man Braylon is looking like his drop everything except the circus catch old self from 06.

They faced some tough D's. I think they should let Anderson have a shot at a lesser D before they move on to Quinn. If Quinn gets the start he will most likely light up the inept Bengals and look like a hero

Sounds like exactly what he might need going forward to give him some confidence if they do decide to make a change.

I dunno about that. Seemed to work pretty well last year.

last year's over man. and last year was a much much easier schedule. and last year we were able to catch the ball. and last year folks weren't rolling defenses to edwards and winslow the way we are now. and last year we had another dependable WR2 to help out. last year's over man.

last year's over man. and last year was a much much easier schedule. and last year we were able to catch the ball. and last year folks weren't rolling defenses to edwards and winslow the way we are now. and last year we had another dependable WR2 to help out. last year's over man.

So tell me - is last year over?

The schedule is probably the hardest part to overcome, but I do think it's possible to catch lightning in a bottle twice. Not saying it will happen should they go with Quinn, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility either.