[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any views on RB Slaton?

linkster

I would pick him up if you need a RB. He definitely has the talent to make a name for himself in the NFL. His ability to cut and shake off defenders is already at a pro-level...he just needs to mature and they say he has poor ability of reading the field and picking up on the defensive schemes.

I picked him up and put him on my bench on draft day because if you ever watched him at WVU you know this kids got talent. It was only a matter of time for the Green injury and Chris Brown on IR. He's basically their only hope for a running game.

depends what you have available on your ww.......but HE is the real deal.....its also very well known he's the best only option right now.

Well they DO have options, Taylor and Walker, even if they aren't great ones.

But they kept those two around this season for some reason - even if Walker was first on the practice squad. Both of them had games last year in which they put up 100 yards.

I mention this just to point ot that it's a testament to Slaton's prospects: He's come in learned enough and shown enough where he beat out two NFL running backs for the starting gig (even if those two aren't named Fargas and Bush or Ward and Bradshaw). It isn't like his exatly the last guy on the bench in a uniform.

And hey, technically I guess you could say he also beat out Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Cedric Benson and Travis Henry :wacko:

Oh I forgot Old Yeller, I mean Ahman Green....dont follow Coach Kubiak behind the shed...don't do it boy!!!!

His burst through the hole after his initial cut is crazy fast. If he can consistently get to the second level and get 1 on 1 with safeties, he's going to break a lot of long runs off. I got him in the 14th rd. in the midst of a flurry of garbage backs. Between him and C.Perry, hopefully I have enough depth to get through the season.

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken