[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodney Harrison Calls Ricky out

Flip_Side

Rodney Harrison says Ricky Williams is dirty, but not in the sense of 'he needs a bath'

By MJD

You can call Ricky Williams dirty if you'd like. But if you do, for the sake of accuracy, you should probably be calling him a "dirty hippie," not a "dirty football player." Patriots safety Rodney Harrison went for the latter. From the Boston Herald:

Rodney Harrison, in fact, called it dirty. When asked if it was because Williams hit Vrabel below the knees after Brown already had scored, Harrison answered in the affirmative.

“You said it better than me,” Harrison said. “There’s no place in the game for that. (But) it’s part of the game. You have to protect yourself. It’s disappointing that guys don’t take care of each other, but we’ll just have to be on guard, because there’s some dirty stuff out there.”

I'm sure he's kidding. He has to be kidding. This is like Chris Henry saying that Warrick Dunn has character issues. It's like Scott Linehan saying Bill Belichick doesn't prepare his team very well. This isn't the pot calling the kettle black, this is the pot calling a snowflake black.

This is the same Rodney Harrison who was voted by his peers as the league's dirtiest player in 2004. The same Rodney Harrison was given the same title by the same people in 2006. And the same Rodney Harrison who was voted in 2008 as the league's dirtiest player by the head coaches of the league.

The Herald chose to play up the "OMG, Ricky Williams smoked Josh Gordon!" angle, sneaking in a couple of clever digs like, "Ricky Williams hit a sticky issue," and "The Patriots weren't happy about getting smoked [by the Dolphins]."

If you want to bring up the herb, it seems to me that it argues against Ricky Williams being a dirty player, as potheads are generally pretty mellow. Also generally pretty mellow are yoga instructors, vegans, and holistic healers, all areas in which Ricky has dabbled.

Maybe Williams crossed the line on a play, maybe he didn't. You can make that call for yourself. But Rodney Harrison, who makes more dirty plays in a quarter of football than most guys make in a career, doesn't get the make the judgment call on anyone else.

Wahhhh, Cry me a river. Poor sportsmanship here.

Edited by Flip_Side

Jeff Darlington and David J. Neal, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams said he probably wouldn't have thrown the open-field cut block ON New England Patriots LB Mike Vrabel Week 3 if he could do it over again. Williams threw the block on RB Ronnie Brown's 62-yard touchdown run. Williams said, " I thought it was legit. But I would have felt horrible if Ronnie's run got called back. I was just trying to hustle to make a play."

Jeff Darlington and David J. Neal, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams said he probably wouldn't have thrown the open-field cut block ON New England Patriots LB Mike Vrabel Week 3 if he could do it over again. Williams threw the block on RB Ronnie Brown's 62-yard touchdown run. Williams said, " I thought it was legit. But I would have felt horrible if Ronnie's run got called back. I was just trying to hustle to make a play."

That's not the point of this thread..obviously.

This thread is about probably the dirtiest player in the NFL calling RICKY WILLIAMS, the soft-spoken, non attention seeking RB for the Miami Dolphins a dirty player for making a questionable block.

It's funny to me that the article said that the Boston Herald tried to play on words to point out Ricky smoking pot. If my memory serves me right, Randy Moss admitted publicly to smoking pot in the past. Also hasn't a certain Patriot RB by the name of Kevin Faulk just returned from a Josh Gordon related suspension?

Edited by haywood

wow, if rodney harrison calls it dirty, it must REALLY be dirty. :wacko:

either that or he's a whiny little no-class beyotch hypocrite like his head coach. :D

:D

Sad too! I used to really like him in a Ronnie Lott kinda way. Obviously the juice messed with his head!

Pot calling the kettle black!

you know when ESPN or was it NFLN was showing replays from the game there was a play where 2 Pats were tackling a Phins recvr and Harrison was 3rd in and LED WITH HIS HEAD....he did however get there a fraction of a second late but the other 2 guys had the recvr taken care of but Rodney still threw his dirty shot.