[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 5 teams in the NFL after week 3

TDFFFreak

Yeah, it may be a little too early, but I say it's never too early for a good list. After 3 weeks here is my top 5 teams in the NFL.

1) Cowboys - Pains me to say it, but I've been saying (along with many others) that they were going to be good this season. I was hoping I was wrong.

2) Broncos - I'm waivering on this one as they were basically given that game against the Chargers and their defense appears suspect, but at 3-0 and with some wins over decent teams, I'll put them at #2 barely.

3) Eagles - Am I a homer for putting them this high? Maybe, but this Eagles team is the only 2-1 team on this list because they almost took it to the Cowboys in Dallas and their defense stepped it up against a good Steelers team proving that they can win on both sides of the ball. Westbrook needs to get back into this line up soon for them to hold high status in the league.

4) Giants - Would have been #3 or even possibly #2 had it not been for the narrow escape from the lowly Begals. I still think this team is better than some give credit for, but I believe that the best division in football (NFC East) is probably the Cowboys or Eagles for the taking.

5) Bills - Tough call, but I just like the way that this team is playing right now. A nice balance between offense, defense, and special teams.

Teams just missing the cut (in no particular order): Titans, Steelers, Bucs, Packers, Panthers, Saints, Redskins

Teams I am not buying into at this point, but others may think otherwise:

Pats Lose to the Dolphins at home and Brady is done for the year? Making the playoffs will be a victory ath this point.

Ravens So you beat the Bengals and Browns... enough said.

Cardinals I think people are excited because this team is in probably the weakest division in football and they are so used to average to poor from Arizona. So, yeah, at 2-1 they look good pretty good right now in beating the Niners and Dolphins, but a better team would have gone into DC and won that game.

Teams in which I have zero clue as to how good or bad they are:

Bears - Are the Colts that bad or the Bears better than expected. I have no idea...

Colts - Speaking of the Colts, maybe with Manning at the helm and so many years of goodness, I am just having a hard time admitting that this team is just not that good.

Jags - Their O-line is ripped to shreds, but a part of me still thinks that they have enough to do some damage.

Chargers - Looked good against the Jets on Monday night and lost some heartbreakers in weeks 1 and 2, but would a really good team have let opponents stay that close in the first two games?

Seahawks - Who knows what to make of this mess, but I can't say they are among the league's worst at this point.

The thing I notice so far is how much better the NFC seems to be than the AFC this year considering how many years we had to contend with the Pats, Chargers, and Colts.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Be interesting to see where the concensus lies.

My Top 5:

1. Dallas

2. Tennessee

3. Philadelphia

4. Denver

5a. New York

5b. Washignton

If Denver's defense was merely average, they'd be #2 on my list.

Tennessee, with their balanced offense and suffocating defense, reminds me of the Ravens teams that won it all.

Dallas holds the top spot, but Romo and their defense need to play a tad better for them to stay on top. The litmus test for this team might not come until the playoffs.

New York will continue to do it with mirrors.

Surprisingly, the Washington Redskins, if Campbell is as real as he has been the last two weeks, could be as good as anyone.

1. Dallas

2. Philly

3. SD

4. NYG

5a. DEN

5b. TEN

I see Dallas and Philly as clearly the top two teams, with no one else even close. SD is better than Denver, they just got a game stolen from them, and are working through what to do with out Merriman. NYG are good, and if they play perfect and DAL or PHI have a down game, this team can beat them. Denver is very impressive on offense, but their defense sucks. The only really good defense they've played was an injured SD. TEN is the opposite of DEN. TEN has IMO the best defense in the league right now. The lack of legit recieving threats is really the only thing I see holding this team back.

Dallas

SD

Philly

NYG

Denver

I think SD is much better than their record (could easily be 3-0), GB is a great team but without Harris the defense suffers, Titans could easily be in top 5 but want to see what they do against a run defense like MN this week. Need to see more from Pitt/Bal/Buffalo.

I think the entire NFL is a bit too fluid at this point to determine a definite top 5. Here's my attempt:

Dallas :wacko: :Their line play so far has been amazing. Tony Romo has had all the time in the world to survey defenses and they are getting a real nice rush with their front 4 on D. MB3 is an awesome back. I think Romo needs to get his act together and quit committing turnovers in order for this team to go anywhere in the playoffs though.

Denver: I love Jay Cutler. I think he's quite possibly the best QB in the NFL right now. If they can learn to make stops on D, this is a Super Bowl caliber team.

Philadelphia: What an amazing defensive coordinator JJ is. It amazes me every time I see them play how well thier defense is coached. McNabb is back to his old ways and is throwing the ball as well as anyone in the league right now.

San Diego: Phillip Rivers is playing out of his mind right now. The defense looks good enough to keep most teams close. If LT is healthy down the stretch this is my pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

New York Giants: This is the hardest pick to make, IMO. New York looked almost as bad as Washington in the season opener IN NY. They needed extra time to beat Cincinnati who haven't been able to move the ball on anyone this season. I just am not buying into Eli even after the Super Bowl win. But they get this spot until someone beats them.

Contending for the 5th spot: Washington, Tennessee, Carolina, Buffalo.

1. philly

2. NYG

3. dallas

4. tennessee

5. buffalo

denver has to get their defense playing better, and if they do, look out. san diego has taken a huge step back from last year. lose merriman and suddenly their defense is average, at best. they are no better than a 9-7 team IMO. jacksonville is still scary. gotta imagine indy will be there at the end of the year. chicago and carolina have flaws, but intrigue me. I still think minnesota wins the division over GB. looking like either arizona or SF (maybe seattle again) comes out of the NFC west and gets rolled in the first round of the playoffs, probably by an NFC east team.

1. philly

2. NYG

3. dallas

4. tennessee

5. buffalo

denver has to get their defense playing better, and if they do, look out. san diego has taken a huge step back from last year. lose merriman and suddenly their defense is average, at best. they are no better than a 9-7 team IMO. jacksonville is still scary. gotta imagine indy will be there at the end of the year. chicago and carolina have flaws, but intrigue me. I still think minnesota wins the division over GB. looking like either arizona or SF (maybe seattle again) comes out of the NFC west and gets rolled in the first round of the playoffs, probably by an NFC east team.

out of everything you put in the footnote, how do you leave out not putting Dallas 1st and Eagles 1st after Dallas just beat the Eagles 8 days ago?

Regardeless of the denver fiasco, the fact that they lost at home to a Carolina team that got taken apart by the Bears keeps them out of my Top-5.

Exactly my thinking. I know that this team is good, but I just have questions because they allowed Carolina to come in to their stadium and beat them

out of everything you put in the footnote, how do you leave out not putting Dallas 1st and Eagles 1st after Dallas just beat the Eagles 8 days ago?

I just think philly is the better team overall. :D I thought they could have easily won the game in dallas, and would probably beat that team more often than not on a neutral field. what did I say in the "footnote" that you believe would obligate me to rank dallas above philly? :wacko:

Regardeless of the denver fiasco, the fact that they lost at home to a Carolina team that got taken apart by the Bears keeps them out of my Top-5.

another thing about SD....yeah, obviously hochuli blew that call, and if he didn't san diego wins the game. but it's awfully tough to say they 'deserved' to win the game. a totally unforced fumble of a slick new ball in the SD red zone would have been an absolute gift and nothing more. instead, denver got the gift, and then capitalized.

another thing about SD....yeah, obviously hochuli blew that call, and if he didn't san diego wins the game. but it's awfully tough to say they 'deserved' to win the game. a totally unforced fumble of a slick new ball in the SD red zone would have been an absolute gift and nothing more. instead, denver got the gift, and then capitalized.

Its called a Romo

Exactly my thinking. I know that this team is good, but I just have questions because they allowed Carolina to come in to their stadium and beat them

Carolina is far from a bad team. If you want to extrapolate the win/loss chain from San Diego>Carolina>Chicago then the next obvious addition is Chicago's win over Indy. They laid a smackdown on Indy, in Indy...