[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Week 4 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8-2 in posted plays this year. Here is what I am on for this week.

Cleveland +3.5 - I'm not sure the Bengals should be favored over anybody, certainly not by more than a field goal. This should be a close game. The Browns won't hesitate to bring in Quinn if Anderson struggles. I actually like the Browns to win this game outright, but I will take the 3.5 just for kicks.

Chargers -8 - The Chargers own the Raiders. Don't let the Raiders inspiring performance over the last two weeks fool you. This should be a slaughter.

I am also going to go teaser on the Chargers and Bills. Almost made the Bills a play at -8, but feel a lot better about them at -2.

rattsassssssssssss how about that charger's ending......wooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trailing 0-15 at the end of the half........great game!

Edited by Mojo Rising

rattsassssssssssss how about that charger's ending......wooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trailing 0-15 at the end of the half........great game!

God bless you Ladanian Tomlinson!!

I took the Chargers -7.5 at halftime too.

Damn I love it when I'm hot. :wacko:

Yeah. I really think the Eagles can handle the Bears even banged up as they are. If I play them though it will be "recreational" and with house money. I wouldn't go chasing too hard with them though.

I think this spread seems way out of line. But the Steelers are probably the most "bet on" team in America. And the Steelers on Monday night means you aren't going to get fair value. To me this is a field goal win by the Steelers at best. The ML looks tempting as well. The Ravens offense might not strike fear in the hearts of Steeler fans, but the Steelers offensive line should. I don't think the Steelers have the ponies to pull this off. I submitted Pittsburgh as my pick in the pool, but we have a retraction. Ravens +6.

Edited by rattsass

I took Baltimore +6 and the Under (34.5). We'll see... I just think, with the way the Steelers struggled last week against the Eagles (I know this week is at home), the Ravens' defense will give them fits again this week. Ben is getting pummelled each week, and no Willie Parker certainly won't help. Same can be said for the other side... the Steelers should be able to bother/pressure Flacco enough to keep this a low-scoring affair. It sounds like Baltimore has some backfield injury issues going on as well. I think it will come down to a field goal either way.

Pittsburgh 16

Baltimore 13

Passing tonight. Not enough value to me here, though my system leaned towards Baltimore. But I've got to pass here and look for more value next week. Good luck tonight fellas - my desire to fade last week's results and back Pittsburgh more than balances the slight lean towards Baltimore. And even if it did not, just not enough value...

Passing tonight. Not enough value to me here, though my system leaned towards Baltimore. But I've got to pass here and look for more value next week. Good luck tonight fellas - my desire to fade last week's results and back Pittsburgh more than balances the slight lean towards Baltimore. And even if it did not, just not enough value...

I don't blame you Dre. You are a very methodical player and that is something I struggle with. For me, I am hitting just about everything right now so I am going to listen to my gut on this one and keep playing while I am streaking.

Congrats to the majority here who came away on the + side last night. Nice to end the week on a high note.

Last night was a perfect example of what I was saying in the lack of value. I'm sure Ravens backers were down after the first couple of drives where Flacco did nothing, and the Steelers marched down the field. Then the Ravens backers were fired up after the first half, but they found themselves lucky to only be down by 7 with 9:20 left in the game, right on the cusp of losing their bet. The Steelers lost multiple key players in that game and still beat the Ravens by 3. As a bettor, that was not the type of game you want your money on either side. It ended way too close to the line for comfort for either side. Which is why I passed. They don't always turn out like that, but in this case, it did and was good to pass on the game.

I have a study up on my site about totals the rest of this season, and what you could expect, and you're more than welcome to check it out. The graphic won't paste very well here, so the link to the post is simply my homepage: http://sharpfootballanalysis.blogspot.com/

I don't blame you Dre. You are a very methodical player and that is something I struggle with. For me, I am hitting just about everything right now so I am going to listen to my gut on this one and keep playing while I am streaking.

You are right, and if you are hot, go w/ it. Since what I'm doing this season is less about me and more about helping others, I am really tightening the reins and trying to produce less plays and hit at a higher %. I could release 10 plays a week like I did last season, and hit at 65%, but the majority of people would pick/choose which 10 to play, cause they won't play 10+ a week, and therefore could hit at a much lower %. This year my goal is to find those few plays a week that have the most value, and try to minimize my losses. It's been a challenge to be sure, and last year was MUCH easier in terms of me just letting my system do the work, make my plays, post system results and watch the account increase. This year is a lot more work to find those few plays, but so far at least it has been a success. More than anything, I hate to see someone else lose because of something I said/advised. So that's my entire strategy now that I've got a bunch of people taking my plays to heart - eliminate losses. But in your case, you are 100% right. If you are feeling it, you can get into that groove where you are really "reading" the game quite nicely and it's almost as if you are in the matrix and seeing everything, including the linesmakers plan, clearly. It's a beautiful place to be, so keep it up!

Congrats to the majority here who came away on the + side last night. Nice to end the week on a high note.

Last night was a perfect example of what I was saying in the lack of value. I'm sure Ravens backers were down after the first couple of drives where Flacco did nothing, and the Steelers marched down the field. Then the Ravens backers were fired up after the first half, but they found themselves lucky to only be down by 7 with 9:20 left in the game, right on the cusp of losing their bet. The Steelers lost multiple key players in that game and still beat the Ravens by 3. As a bettor, that was not the type of game you want your money on either side. It ended way too close to the line for comfort for either side. Which is why I passed. They don't always turn out like that, but in this case, it did and was good to pass on the game.

I have a study up on my site about totals the rest of this season, and what you could expect, and you're more than welcome to check it out. The graphic won't paste very well here, so the link to the post is simply my homepage: http://sharpfootballanalysis.blogspot.com/

I've been running with my own "system" for quite some time now and it has net only average results. I'm gonna take a peek at your site for Week 5 to get some info. Appreciate it... and I know the rest of the Huddlers do as well!

I got suckered into taking a little 2-gamer last night with the Ravens +6 and the under. Fortunately I had also taken a larger bet for the Ravens +6 by itself, so last night (and the weekend in general) was a net gain. :wacko:

Thanks again!

I've been running with my own "system" for quite some time now and it has net only average results. I'm gonna take a peek at your site for Week 5 to get some info. Appreciate it... and I know the rest of the Huddlers do as well!

I got suckered into taking a little 2-gamer last night with the Ravens +6 and the under. Fortunately I had also taken a larger bet for the Ravens +6 by itself, so last night (and the weekend in general) was a net gain. :wacko:

Thanks again!

Thanks Darin. Last year I posted all system plays Tues AM on this site. Results were pretty solid. If you want to see the summary as well as the year before, here it is: http://sharpfootballanalysis.blogspot.com/...31_archive.html

So far so good this year, but as you can see, I'm specifically trying to force it into generating fewer plays that hit at a higher %. It's worked so far, but I have not been running it for more than a few weeks, so time really will tell.

Thanks Darin. Last year I posted all system plays Tues AM on this site. Results were pretty solid. If you want to see the summary as well as the year before, here it is: http://sharpfootballanalysis.blogspot.com/...31_archive.html

So far so good this year, but as you can see, I'm specifically trying to force it into generating fewer plays that hit at a higher %. It's worked so far, but I have not been running it for more than a few weeks, so time really will tell.

Dre , when do you think the O/U will start up with your system ? As far as your other picks this year as usual you have been money and I have passed your site on to some friends. My problem is # 1 I am an idiot and # 2 The games your system picks always seem to be games that I never have a feel for. When I look at the board every week certain games jump out at me and your picks are usually on games that I pass over. I have to start just going with the system . Especially since my system has been costing me for 20 years :wacko: great stuff as always . I am spreading the word.

Thanks again!

3 shots of Jack, a jagerbomb and 9 lone stars is not a "system" D