[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Player trend report

Bree22

Josh Morgan, 49ers – A star earlier in the year, the San Fran rookie missed some time and didn’t get going until week two. However, it is obvious he factors big in the teams plans – now. He’s being thrown to a lot, and remember, in Mike Martz’ schemes three or four receivers can be top starts at any given time. In keeper leagues this guy is a must grab, as it is clear he has a top spot in line at the chance to be the teams long term star.

Do you guys agree with this assement? The Huddle (or this article) is the only one promoting him, everybody else is saying drop him. He has only catch to 2 passes and doesn't seemed to be a big factor on this team. Am I missing something?

Thought that was interesting too. Read elsewhere that he was sick and lost some weight a month ago, and is only now getting back into the groove. I'm going to keep him on a keeper team for little while longer because I can afford to, but I'll be dropping him soon at his 2 catch every 3 games pace.

Only if you are in a larger league and like speculating. Sullivan has completed 50 passes so far this season, at least 33 of those went to backs and tight ends. Martz might go wackier with 3 and 4 wide formations in the future, but currently the Niners are using their fair share of two backs and/or two tight end sets. Morgan has yet to supplant Battle for #3, and seems to split time with Hill for #4.

Morgan had a fantastic camp/preseason. He has a lot of potential. But unless something drastic happens soon, he simply won't have the opportunities (i.e. replaces Johnson/Bruce as a starter, or becomes the full-time #3 and Martz cools off using the backs/TEs).