[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brutal introduction to fantasy football...

Gopher

My brother and I have talked about starting a keeper/dynasty league for years. We've participated in leagues together before, but this year decided to finally take the plunge and start our own league. Well, my nephew heard about it and tells his dad that he wants a team. Prior to our draft, he was quite excited... talked about how he and I were going to be rivals, how he was going to draft both Peyton and Eli Manning (his favorite players), as well as his favorite Viking (Shancoe :wacko: ). It's pretty cool to see the "evolution" of a young potential fantasy football fan... excited yet naive at the same time, not really too up-to-date on who the best players are (fantasy-wise), but excited as all get-out nonetheless.

So we draft, and with a little bit of his dad's guidance, he comes out with a half-way decent-looking team (at the time, anyway)... Palmer, Gore/Portis, Housh/Cotchery/Berrian/Desean Jackson, etc. Not a bad core, especially in a keeper league. His team gets off to a bit of a rough start, thanks to his dynamic duo (or should I say duds) of Palmer and Housh. Two tough losses to start his fantasy career. Meanwhile, I'm 3-0 and have the highest point total in the league.

Fast forward to week 3, it appears that he is finally going to get his first win... Gore and Portis have big games, and his Bengals duo contributes nicely as well. However, as it turns out, he is up against the high-scoring team for the week, and going into Monday night, he's down by about 30 with Cotchery and the SD defense yet to play.

So, I'm tracking the scoring on MFL last night, off and on, and the final score is posted.... He loses 136.94 to 136.74. Ouch. I feel bad for him, but the good news is that his team is really not as bad as his 0-3 record indicates. In fact, he's got the 5th highest points year to date. Tough times for a fantasy rookie. :D

Edited by Gopher

The real info here: Gopher plays with 10 year olds in his league. 'Nuff said.

:D

:D:D

Nice.... I swear, he's the only 10 year old in ANY of my leagues... I think. :D Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how old some of the guys in my seven leagues on this site are. Maybe I'm playing with more kids than I realize. :wacko:

If he cries, tan his hide. He needs to learn ASAP that this aint for kids and computer dorks.

Oh wait - yeah it is :D

Yeah, I think you're right... although, my wife would argue that I fit the "dork" part more than anything else... she's the computer whiz.

How bout I have an 0-3 team with the HIGHEST point total in the leauge. Every week my opponent absolutely GOES OFF!

Nothing more frustrating in FF than having a solid squad and having teh highest points agianst average.