[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plax suspended 2 weeks by Giants

peepinmofo

wow, they boldly suspended him for a bye week.

that's pretty lame.

Do they pay by the game or by the week during the regular season? If it's the former, whoopdedo. If it's the latter, I know it would sting the pocketbook.

Edit: Nevermind. Golic just answered my question. He loses two paychecks.

Edited by cdrudge

Do they pay by the game or by the week during the regular season? If it's the former, whoopdedo. If it's the latter, I know it would sting the pocketbook.

Edit: Nevermind. Golic just answered my question. He loses two paychecks.

NFL weekly paychecks are 1/17 the annual contract amount, so bye weeks are included in the formula.

Isn't Hixon Plax's backup? I want to make sure I'm grabbing the right guy.

Why bother? You get nothing from him this week and history has shown that it's anyone's guess who gets the looks when a WR is out. Sure, Hixon may line up in his position but that doesn't mean much. It's not like a RB where the back up is going to get 20 touches when the #1 goes down.

Besides, best case scenario, you get one good week and then he's back to the bench.

Isn't Hixon Plax's backup? I want to make sure I'm grabbing the right guy.

Well Steve Smith would be ranked as the 3rd WR but I really think he is most

valuable in the slot. I went to the Giants game this weekend and they shuttle their

receivers in and out a lot. I would expect for Hixon to get Plax's deep routes and

end zone shots with Smith continuing his middle field/3rd down work.

I think for the one week Hixon has more upside in a yardage/TD league,

Smith will likely catch more passes so in a PPR he may be better.

Why bother? You get nothing from him this week and history has shown that it's anyone's guess who gets the looks when a WR is out. Sure, Hixon may line up in his position but that doesn't mean much. It's not like a RB where the back up is going to get 20 touches when the #1 goes down.

Besides, best case scenario, you get one good week and then he's back to the bench.

I should have added that I agree with this, I think the Giants will spread the ball around quite a bit

with Toomer the best bet for a good game. My opinions on Hixon/Smith was assuming you were

going to have to replace Plax and didn't have great options.

I should have added that I agree with this, I think the Giants will spread the ball around quite a bit

with Toomer the best bet for a good game. My opinions on Hixon/Smith was assuming you were

going to have to replace Plax and didn't have great options.

Yup

Seriously - does one have to be mentally retarded to be a stud WR in the NFL, with exceptions being guys like Harrison & Ward? It seems like the greater proportion of the stud WRs have ego/legal/woman/dick size issues that they just have to spread across their team and interject into games.

Seriously - does one have to be mentally retarded to be a stud WR in the NFL, with exceptions being guys like Harrison & Ward? It seems like the greater proportion of the stud WRs have ego/legal/woman/dick size issues that they just have to spread across their team and interject into games.

You know, there might be something to the fact that these guys have to fight for attention. Lineman don't care. Defensive players make their own plays. QBs touch the ball every play and RBs don't have plead their case about getting theirs. WRs go out and do their job and then have to hope the QB both finds them and gets them the ball. I would imagine that would be a recipe for creating an ego-maniac because they have to sell themselves on every play. Either because they feel they're more open than the QB feels or that they can make a tough catch so the QB should just go to them anyway.

Not saying that it's OK that these guys are the way they are, but rather that it likely takes a pretty ego-driven guy to (even compared to the other egos that dominate pro sports) to do well at that position.

Does this create an unusual precedent?

If another player is suspended four weeks by the team and one of the weeks is a bye, but they really mean, four games, well, chaos, yeah?

Im sure they did it as such to dockhim of his pay (where it hurts), but only lose him for 1 game. Sounds smart to me.

Does this create an unusual precedent?

If another player is suspended four weeks by the team and one of the weeks is a bye, but they really mean, four games, well, chaos, yeah?

I would like to think that GMs are savvy enough to know whether or not they have a bye week coming up and will make the suspension mean what they intend it to mean. 4 weeks means 4 weeks from today, you are not suspended anymore. If that means 4 games, that means 4 games, if that means 3 games, that means 3 games.