[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Millen finally fired!

Dr. Rock

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat me to it . . . I'm shocked. I guess Lewand and Mayhew will handle the business, while Marinellli runs the football? Until the end of the season? Who knows?

I assumed they'd broom the lot of them at the end of the year, then hire a new GM and let him hire a new coach, but . . . I guess not.

Peace

policy

:D

:wacko:

Edit: :D

Surprised and not surprised. Happy and sad. I'm still a confused Lions fan.

Because Millen was associated with a culture of losing and the sooner you ditch that the better? Besides, how could they be any worse off? You have a known entity of a horrible GM and you have some assistant who may be better and likely can't be any worse.

Also, considering how few trades of any significance go on during the NFL regular season, this would seem like downtime for a GM. Better now than after the season when the GM's job really kicks in (pre draft, etc)

The pressure was on to fire Millen NOW, with three blow out loses to start the season. I bet WCF, Sr would have lost his nerve as the season progressed. You know the Lions would have had their typical surprise win towards the end of the season over a mediocre team, thus saving Millens job for next season. It would probably also be Drew Stanton's only decent game of the year, thus giving everyone hope that he is the QB of the future and Millen made the right pick. Get rid of him now before the Lions deliver some of their trademark false hope.

:wacko: Bout damn time. I'm not sure how this affects anyone, but I'm sure it's going to have to put the players,coach's on notice. Now if we had only done it in time to land Parcell's. Maybe Holmgrem? SR needs to ler Jr run the team and see what we get.

+1 - Make Bill Jr. president of football operations, then let him hire the next GM, etc. - he's going to inherit this franchise some day anyway, so he has a lot at stake and actually seems to care about winning and not just making money.

Millen was hired by the Lions with no front office experience. In his eight years in the job his teams posted a 31-84 record. The team is 0-3 this season and has lost 10 of 11 games. The Lions never made the playoffs during Millen's tenure.

He has been roundly criticized for poor draft picks and failed free agent signings. In 2006, radio station W*** organized a protest march, called the Millen Man March, which called for the team to fire Millen immediately. Fire Millen signs were seen at stadiums -- and not just football stadiums, throughout the country. :wacko:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../809240417/1126

Edited by Randall

Millen was hired by the Lions with no front office experience. In his eight years in the job his teams posted a 31-84 record. The team is 0-3 this season and has lost 10 of 11 games. The Lions never made the playoffs during Millen's tenure.

He has been roundly criticized for poor draft picks and failed free agent signings. In 2006, radio station W*** organized a protest march, called the Millen Man March, which called for the team to fire Millen immediately. Fire Millen signs were seen at stadiums -- and not just football stadiums, throughout the country. :wacko:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../809240417/1126

The Lions have won one playoff game during my lifetime. That is also true for everyone fifty and under.

Edited by Egret

The Lions have won one playoff game during my lifetime. That is also true for everyone fifty and under.

I'm under 50...don't think they won any games in my lifetime. What year we talking about here? I remember them getting to the first round but that's it.

I'm under 50...don't think they won any games in my lifetime. What year we talking about here? I remember them getting to the first round but that's it.

I think Sanders, Mitchell, and Co. beat Dallas at home and then lost to Washington one year in the 90s

I think Sanders, Mitchell, and Co. beat Dallas at home and then lost to Washington one year in the 90s

Since the Lions won the championship in 1957, they have one playoff victory, over the Cowboys in 1992.

:D