[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Millen finally fired!

Dr. Rock

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woooooohooooooo...this is the greatest thing...now I can change my sig from "Fire Millen" to "Go get a job Millen"....

Us here in Detoit finally have some light at the end of the tunnel, maybe they will wn a playoff game before I die now.....

The only bad thing is Ford Sr. still runs the team and who knows what he will do next, gotta remember he was the one who hired MIllen.....

Edited by sp33dkills02

Hey we need a way to get rid of our over abundance of abandoned buildings....... :wacko:

I drove through Detroit a few years back while on a road trip with friends... I took over after a friend took a wrong exit and we ended up in the not so good part of town... I was pulling up to a stop light when I saw a car overturned and burnt, with a couple of guys just hanging out around the light... Instead of stopping for the red I put my foot on the gas and didn't stop until I got to Ann Arbor.

I've worked in the slums of South Dallas and I can say that the bad part of Detroit is ten times scarier than South Dallas.

I drove through Detroit a few years back while on a road trip with friends... I took over after a friend took a wrong exit and we ended up in the not so good part of town... I was pulling up to a stop light when I saw a car overturned and burnt, with a couple of guys just hanging out around the light... Instead of stopping for the red I put my foot on the gas and didn't stop until I got to Ann Arbor.

I've worked in the slums of South Dallas and I can say that the bad part of Detroit is ten times scarier than South Dallas.

I will agree wth you that we have some VERY bad parts of Detroit, but I would bet anything that the area around Fox Theatre, Ford Field, Comerica Park, Hockey Town Cafe is just as nice as ANY downtown area in the United States that is considered nice.......

Now if we keep the population of idiots in Detroit from electing another mayor like Kwame we might be ok.....

Edited by sp33dkills02

Hey we need a way to get rid of our over abundance of abandoned buildings....... :wacko:

Sad but true. The best part of the Millen firing ... besides Millen getting FIRED, of course ... is that I got to se myself on NFL Live on ESPN today. If anyone here saw it, I'm the big black dude in the black coat with the skully hat on (see my avatar) saying "we (Detroit sports fans) deserve better. " Now if old man Ford would just let Jr. take control of the team ... or just vanish or something.

I will agree wth you that we have some VERY bad parts of Detroit, but I would bet anything that the area around Fox Theatre, Ford Field, Comerica Park, Hockey Town Cafe is just as nice as ANY downtown area in the United States that is considered nice.......

Now if we keep the population of idiots in Detroit from electing another mayor like Kwame we might be ok.....

It's not bad, but just as nice as ANY downtown is a bit of a stretch. Detroit happens to be in my territory and I'm there a lot. We spent some time last week at Greektown and then Bouzouki's (stayed at the Antheneum Hotel which WAS very nice). I'll tell you what - those places ain't far at all from the venues you mentioned and I was more then a bit afraid. Homeless people following you all over left and right coming up on you asking for money. That sh-t makes me nervous 'cause some of them were pretty damn aggressive.

But overall it's a great market for what I do so that part don't suck. Keeps me gainfully employed anyway.

I think the Lions have more house cleaning to do, namely get rid of Lewand and Mayhew. Start all the way over at the top, and bring someone in thats credible to hire,fire as they see the need without any influence from the guys who've been here the last 8 yrs. Colbert from Pittsburgh would be an excellent choice in my book, and worked here before, before the Millen era. The scouting department needs to be decimated and get someone with an idea what talent really is.

What are the Lions feelings on Marinelli as a HC? Obviously, he probably has to go - though he may get to the end of the season - but does he just not have it, or is the talent level THAT heinous? I mean really, he's been trying to win with Kitna (The Human Turnover Machine) as his primary QB, K Jones had talent but was injury-prone, and a regrettable collection of OLs. And that's just the offense.

What are the Lions feelings on Marinelli as a HC? Obviously, he probably has to go - though he may get to the end of the season - but does he just not have it, or is the talent level THAT heinous? I mean really, he's been trying to win with Kitna (The Human Turnover Machine) as his primary QB, K Jones had talent but was injury-prone, and a regrettable collection of OLs. And that's just the offense.

I don't know what to think. At first I thought he'd turn this around, without knowing who's really calling the shots draft day, free agency. Now that Marinelli brought all these Tampa 2 guys in, and we're getting our ass's handed to us, I'm rethinking my position. Not sure if it's the scheme, the coach, or the players, or combination of all. The dropped pass's( wayyyyyyyyy too many by our top 2 guys), the miss tackling is on the players themselves. Everyone should be pointing at them selves on this team, not just MIllen, Marinelli. Time to start playing for their jobs, because they are. Whatever they put on tape this year will decide who stays, goes whenever we get a new GM in. If you're not here, better pray to God someone else is willing to take a chance on you, which is doubtful.