[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you a GM, and were to start a franchise from scratch...

Locness_Monster

Jerry Rice

John Elway

Barry Sanders

Now here is an offensive that someone is going to have a hard time stopping, but D could be a problem

Edited by Slugs

Now here is an offensive that someone is going to have a hard time stopping...

Depend on who's doing the blocking....if I got another 3, I'd definitely be going for guys like Munoz, Hog Hannah, and Willie Roaf (alright, he isn't in YET but c'mon).

EDIT - actually, with the elusiveness of Sanders and Elway, who's blocking might not really matter all that much. :wacko: "Our OL is Chavez, Slugs, and those 3 fat guys at the end of the bar."

Edited by Chavez

Now here is an offensive that someone is going to have a hard time stopping, but D could be a problem

I don't know, if we were give 3 offensive selections and 3 defensive you'd have pretty stout line-ups on both sides.

Edit -> Jerry Rice isn't actually in the Hall of fame yet is he?

Edited by Clubfoothead

Edit -> Jerry Rice isn't actually in the Hall of fame yet is he?

Ah, he'll be in unless he's "caught...with a dead girl or a live boy" (to quote some Southern politician whose name escapes me)

EDIT - Edwin Edwards, 4 term gov of LA.

Edited by Chavez

Since this assumes that I'm the GM, and I can pick any three HOFers to start with, guys needed for at least a 10+ year run of success ... and get players who were singularly talented, even when considering the talented others at their same position ...

So, for me, getting elite talent and demeanor in the following roles is of paramount importance:

Owner

Head Coach

Offensive Left Tackle

Right Defensive End

Quarterback

So, if I'm the GM, I probably start with any three of these guys (no more than one from any group):

Owner -- LHunt, Rooney or Mara

HC -- BWalsh, JMadden or BBelichick

OLT -- AMunoz, JHannah or WRoaf

RDE -- RWhite, DJones or LTaylor

QB -- PManning, TBrady, JElway, JUnitas, OGraham or JMontana

...if this were some sort of draft, and these guys were taken, then I'd look for BPA ... maybe Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Ladanian Tomlinson, Dick Butkus, Jerry Rice, Ray Guy (oh, wait...nevermind), Ronnie Lott, etc ...