[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Michael "the burner" Turner for real?

kicktothehead

I made a move this past week and acquired Turner. Now everywhere I read people are ranking him out of the top 10.

Ever since his days in SD I loved this guy. He runs like a madman and is super fast.

I would like people's opinions on whether you think he is for real or not?

Is 1400yds and 10td not possible?

I am confused as to the love this guy doesn't seem to be getting.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love him to, I drafted him in the 3rd round of my draft, but was hoping to trade up to a 2nd pick in round 2 so I can gaurantee to get him....many dont like his schedule for the remainder of the season, nor his offensive line and everyone fears Ryan as a rookie QB is going to have them trailing in plenty of games....I dont buy it, they have a good system for RB's and hes a big time player. You will see games from him where he doesnt do much due to the things mentioned above, but talent wise he is definitly the real deal(IMO)

I don't know what else this guy has to prove.

He put up great numbers and showed incredible ability in relief of LT in SD, and people said, "Yeah, but wait until he plays on a crappy ATL team with a rook QB".

Well, he's playing on a crappy ATL team with a rook QB and he's leading the NFL in rushing and has 5 rushing TDs while showing the same ability he showed in SD. The added bonus is that he's only absorbing 20 carries and 21 touches a game with Norwood carrying some of the load, meaning he won't be run into the ground come FF playoff time.

I'm not sure what else people want from him, but if someone doesn't have him currently in their top 10 they aren't acting like educated FFers.

He's for real, but he's also going to be inconsistent on that team IMO. I was shocked to see him fall to the 5th round as a rookie even if he did play at Northern Illinois because I thought the guy could play. I think he'll be sort of like Corey Dillon when he was a Bengal - a couple big games through the season, a few average games, but a bunch of turkeys too. The end stats will be solid, but getting there will be a heartache.

He is a legit RB2, not a RB1 until he proves he can put up good numbers against good defenses.

This from a Falcons fan...I personally love him though outside of fantasy.

Saying that he is not a legit RB1 means that you must believe that there are at least 12 other RB's that you would rank ahead of him. I'd be very curious to see that list.

He is a legit RB2, not a RB1 until he proves he can put up good numbers against good defenses.

This from a Falcons fan...I personally love him though outside of fantasy.

\There are more bad than good defenses. This isn't about the playoffs but abpout fantasy

My top 10 PPR

AP

Barber

LT

Westbrook

Gore

Lynch

Portis

Bush

Addai

Turner

He's for real, but he's also going to be inconsistent on that team IMO. I was shocked to see him fall to the 5th round as a rookie even if he did play at Northern Illinois because I thought the guy could play. I think he'll be sort of like Corey Dillon when he was a Bengal - a couple big games through the season, a few average games, but a bunch of turkeys too. The end stats will be solid, but getting there will be a heartache.

Great analysis here. There's no doubting Turner's ability. He has a rare combination of size and speed. He kinda reminds me of a young Jamal Lewis. That being said, situation trumps ability almost every time. The reason I don't think he can be considered a legit #1 RB yet is because the Falcons as a team will be inconsistent this year. I still think he was a steal with where he was drafted this year.

Saying that he is not a legit RB1 means that you must believe that there are at least 12 other RB's that you would rank ahead of him. I'd be very curious to see that list.

:wacko:

Is there really any RB who consistently puts up nice stats against some of the top run Ds?

An RB1 is a guy you start no matter what barring injury or a bye week... you don't bench the NFL's leading rusher because you think he can't hack it against a quality D. That's classic over-thinking yourself into a FF loss.

Edited by kingfish247

OK, I still can't understand the negative talk about Turner. He's started THREE games in the NFL, and had one weak game. How can anyone pass judgement that he can't run against good defenses? Look at the game logs from last year on just about any RB1 and you'll see weak games. Can anyone explain how they can pass judgement on Turner so soon? He is leading the league in rushing after all, and there aren't that many teams with great run defenses. I'm a rookie so maybe I'm just retarded and can't understand?

Example: Adrian Peterson only had 6 100 yard games last year. 5 games with under 70 yards rushing and he's Purple Jesus? LT2 was the league rushing champ and had 7 games with under 70 yards rushing! Give me a break people... too early to judge, I say

Edited by efi4eye

OK, I still can't understand the negative talk about Turner. He's started THREE games in the NFL, and had one weak game. How can anyone pass judgement that he can't run against good defenses? Look at the game logs from last year on just about any RB1 and you'll see weak games. Can anyone explain how they can pass judgement on Turner so soon? He is leading the league in rushing after all, and there aren't that many teams with great run defenses. I'm a rookie so maybe I'm just retarded and can't understand?

Example: Adrian Peterson only had 6 100 yard games last year. 5 games with under 70 yards rushing and he's Purple Jesus? LT2 was the league rushing champ and had 7 games with under 70 yards rushing! Give me a break people... too early to judge, I say

if you're comparing Turner to LT or AD, yer :wacko:

Turner's definitely a very good RB. I think the only question is whether Matt Ryan can make teams respect the passing game with consistency.

Teams will load the box until that happens. No RB, no matter how good, can do it alone. Turner's the real deal, but he needs help.

I am glad to see I am not the only on confused by the lack of trust in Turner.

He simply exploded in SD when given the chance and now he is doing the same for ATL.

All in all do you think its off base to predict a 10+ td and 1400 yds rushing?

If you think he can then he must be considered a #1 RB.....this is where I am confused....do people think he won't make those numbers?

I am glad to see I am not the only on confused by the lack of trust in Turner.

He simply exploded in SD when given the chance and now he is doing the same for ATL.

All in all do you think its off base to predict a 10+ td and 1400 yds rushing?

If you think he can then he must be considered a #1 RB.....this is where I am confused....do people think he won't make those numbers?

Chargers OL was #1...holes were massive...

:Rosenhaus: Next Question :Rosenhaus:

Chargers OL was #1...holes were massive...

:Rosenhaus: Next Question :Rosenhaus:

It's still pretty funny though, there's really no good argument against Turner, that's all I'm saying. Like you said it's Week 4, so it's just retarded to say he won't have a good year or even be an RB1. For every good week a player has, there's a reason why. He's not good because he rushed for 220 against the Lions. Oh yeah, what did Adrian Peterson do in his first game with 20 touches against the Lions last year? Look it up.

Edited by efi4eye

Well he hasn't done it yet but there are a lot of bad run defenses in the league. Comparing Atlanta to Minnesota's and SD's O line?

It's still pretty funny though, there's really no good argument against Turner, that's all I'm saying. Like you said it's Week 4, so it's just retarded to say he won't have a good year or even be an RB1. For every good week a player has, there's a reason why. He's not good because he rushed for 220 against the Lions. Oh yeah, what did Adrian Peterson do in his first game with 20 touches against the Lions last year? Look it up.

yes there is....the funny thing is that if I had Turner, you're the sort of owner I trade him to and laugh in the end...

and the other funny thing is that you're acting like you're thinking way outside the box by thinking Turner is an elite back because he lit up the Lions and Chiefs defense :wacko:

once he played an above average defense (Buccaneers), he got 5 points in my local....

5...points?...LT got 6 points in week 2 against the Broncos and barely played more than a quarter....

I think other certain players will do well....I didn't like Turner....he's kind of an obvious sleeper and has been all off-season....but you're just so crazy (LIKE A FOX!) for going outside the box on this one.....so crazy that I'm dying from the lack of oxygen trying to reach your level...

\There are more bad than good defenses. This isn't about the playoffs but abpout fantasy

My top 10 PPR

AP

Barber

LT

Westbrook

Gore

Lynch

Portis

Bush

Addai

Turner

AP

Barber

LT

Westy

Gore

Lynch

Portis

Bush

Parker

Addai

Parker-drops out now due to injury

Sjackson

I guess in a 12 man league he is a RB 1, in a 10 he is a 2.

Edited by LayLow

:wacko:

Is there really any RB who consistently puts up nice stats against some of the top run Ds?

An RB1 is a guy you start no matter what barring injury or a bye week... you don't bench the NFL's leading rusher because you think he can't hack it against a quality D. That's classic over-thinking yourself into a FF loss.

If Turner was my #2 RB and he played say...Tenn, Bal,Pitt, Minn, etc, and I had someone better on the bench, I would bench him.

I love the guy on ATLANTA. Too early to up him to stud status IMO.