[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC/Ore St.

neilfish2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. :wacko:

From reading this forum, I know that the Big Ten is worse than any Division II or III conference in the country. I also know that USC is the greatest college football team to ever grace a field.

So, how is the same Oregon State team that Penn State was leading 35-0 in the 2nd quarter, and hammered 45-14 beating that same USC team ??? I'm very confused.

I'm confused. :wacko:

From reading this forum, I know that the Big Ten is worse than any Division II or III conference in the country. I also know that USC is the greatest college football team to ever grace a field.

So, how is the same Oregon State team that Penn State was leading 35-0 in the 2nd quarter, and hammered 45-14 beating that same USC team ??? I'm very confused.

Menudo- a few things, first - please stop with this 1 game comparison stuff- it is lame, and just not accurate.

The flip side of that is one of the middle of the road Pac 10 teams is hammering the same USC team that yer al mighty OSU got destroyed by- so by that logic, OSU is much better than Ohio State- do I believe this? no. and YES the Big 10 does suck

- Penn State is very good- they jumped on OSU early and pounded them - well done- OSU is a young team, and was going to take some time to jell- they got rolled by PSU- and should have beaten Stanford, which would have them 2-1 coming in

Oreg State is showing up tho- give em some credit- they are not getting manhandled at the line like OSU did- and they have some real nice skill potsition players on offense - shocked by the 21-0 at half tho, wow

USC always has their toughest games in Pac 10 conference games- and dominates the rest of the country - that us just the way it is

The Pac 10 has taken some bad L early- notably from the MWC - which is vastly underrated, but the truth is somewhere in the middle bc Oreg State is obviously showing they are a solid, and talented squad.

Feels like "Groundhog Day".... Different year, same result. :D At least USC might get their loss out of the way early this year, which may give them enough time to recover.

I can just hear it now.... Let me guess, OSU is much better than people think they are. :wacko:

Menudo- a few things, first - please stop with this 1 game comparison stuff- it is lame, and just not accurate.

The flip side of that is one of the middle of the road Pac 10 teams is hammering the same USC team that yer al mighty OSU got destroyed by- so by that logic, OSU is much better than Ohio State- do I believe this? no. and YES the Big 10 does suck

- Penn State is very good- they jumped on OSU early and pounded them - well done- OSU is a young team, and was going to take some time to jell- they got rolled by PSU- and should have beaten Stanford, which would have them 2-1 coming in

Oreg State is showing up tho- give em some credit- they are not getting manhandled at the line like OSU did- and they have some real nice skill potsition players on offense - shocked by the 21-0 at half tho, wow

USC always has their toughest games in Pac 10 conference games- and dominates the rest of the country - that us just the way it is

The Pac 10 has taken some bad L early- notably from the MWC - which is vastly underrated, but the truth is somewhere in the middle bc Oreg State is obviously showing they are a solid, and talented squad.

Feels like "Groundhog Day".... Different year, same result. :D At least USC might get their loss out of the way early this year, which may give them enough time to recover.

I can just hear it now.... Let me guess, OSU is much better than people think they are. :wacko:

Wow, Wildcat, you beat me to the punch. That was quick, even for such a Pac-10 apologist. :D

win or lose, SC isnt the best team in the country from what Im seeing tonight. They cant stop the run. And how bad is Ohio St. after watching Oregon St just put it to SC for the first 30 minutes. Sorry, but SC shouldnt be any higher than 4th or 5th right now, and there is no way they should be in the title game if there are 2 unbeatens from the SEC and Big 12.

win or lose, SC isnt the best team in the country from what Im seeing tonight. They cant stop the run. And how bad is Ohio St. after watching Oregon St just put it to SC for the first 30 minutes. Sorry, but SC shouldnt be any higher than 4th or 5th right now, and there is no way they should be in the title game if there are 2 unbeatens from the SEC and Big 12.

we shall see- long season - OU, UGA, FLA, Mizzou - it will shake out- and absolutely any unbeaten from the SEC and Big 12 should be in the NC game -

how about a little credit for Da Beavers - I mean, to have SC coming in #1, a revenge game - and to have OSU put it on em like this wow.

Mike Riley can flat out coach and he put together a great O & D gameplan

Make up yer mind GW. Is USC awesome or is Ohio St conservative and predictable?

I'll answer that for you. No and yes.

Truth is Ohio St is once again overrated and so is USC. OSU being ranked so high after being spanked by real teams in the last two NC games is simply a joke which in turn makes this win by USC not impressive at all. As for USC getting mad props and jumping teams to the number one spot because they travelled all the way across the country to punk Virginia... UConn just beat the Cavaliers 45-10.

I'm not impressed.

Ahh, it's finally out there. You see, I'm not really all that impressed with any of these teams. The days of the overwhelming college football power are over yet we still pre-season rank them and annoint champions based on a group of writer's opinions. And yes the writers have everything to do with it. Because if you're highly ranked early all you have to do is win most of your games to get a one shot deal at a mythical championship. Like I mentioned earlier, OSU did nothing to deserve being ranked in the top 5 but has certainly shown even before tonight that they shouldn't be and the writers annointed USC the early crown based on a win over a team that barely beat Richmond and got completely manhnadled by UConn for Pete's sake.

Oh yeah, and when exactly was it that I mentioned my being impressed with either Georgia or Auburn.

Just one more thing...

Let's not forget that USC was "clearly the best team in the country" last year too... right up until they lost to Stanford.

I agree with most of this to a great extent, particularly your second paragraph. However, given the system we have, how else are we to evaulate the quality of teams but by their body of work in the current season? No, USC losing to Stanford doesn't mean they aren't the best team in the country but it most certainly does mean they weren't as good as everyone thought. This year they got mad props for whipping UVA even though we obviously had no idea how bad they are. I'm also thinking that OSU's performance against SC might very well have shown that their inability to handle Ohio U was because they're just not that good. Is the Mountain West better than the Pac-10? Not likely, but the Pac-10 is clearly not as good as billed. One team losing to a team they really shouldn't is one thing...chalk it up to any number of things. But when half a conference lays eggs against "inferior" opposition then maybe it's an indication of the actual quality of said conference.

I get why ya'll are so excited by USC. They have looked dominant all over the field. Can't take that away but...

against who?

Tell you what, if USC continues to beat everyone like that or even if OSU comes back to life and shows that they are a legit top 5 team, I will start my own thread stating how way off base I have been for the last two days.

whatever...

we shall see- long season - OU, UGA, FLA, Mizzou - it will shake out- and absolutely any unbeaten from the SEC and Big 12 should be in the NC game -

how about a little credit for Da Beavers - I mean, to have SC coming in #1, a revenge game - and to have OSU put it on em like this wow.

Mike Riley can flat out coach and he put together a great O & D gameplan

All I heard on ESPN radio all day, was how the SC lines would dominate both sides of the ball, and Oregon St didnt have the personel to compete with SC, and this would be a 42-6 game. Needless to say Oregon St is a below average team, and they just punked SC, and the final score wasnt even as close as this game was. Oregon St dominated TOP, Rushing, total plays, turnovers, everything you name it. Sanchez simply isnt the next great QB at SC, he shouldnt even be considered a Heisman candidate, but because he plays at SC, we were force fed his ass. And I bet SC doesnt fall outside the top 10, and hell they should tumble like Michigan did last yr, but they wont. I hate the damn media force feeding us this and that, when the play on the field says something else.

OU/Missouri winner in Big 12 Champ game, will likely play the SEC Champ for all the marbles. And this is the way it should be.

As has been said, the only teams USC has trouble with is the Pac-10 teams? They kick the SH1T out of every team in the country but lose to a Pac-10 team. Congratulations to Mike Riley and his kids for executing a great game plan.

The Beavers deserved to win. I'm not sure who's up next for USC but whoever it is I feel sorry for them. Don't count SC out yet boys. They lost early. They played poorly but anyone who thinks they won't be back in the NC race is :D I thought Sanchez played horrible and didn't look like a leader tonight.

Hell, LSU lost two last year and still backed in to the NC game. With the schedules that OU and Missouri have they could run the table. And no Sarge, the Trojans won't, and shouldn't, fall out of the Top 10. :wacko:

the Trojans won't, and shouldn't, fall out of the Top 10. :D

Won't? If this is the case it proves the "media darlings" theory.

Shouldn't? They just lost to a team that isn't even in the top 40 that got thumped by the #12 team in the country.

:wacko:

Trojans should fall and fall far. Sorry, but USC may very well be the most talented team in the country on paper. But the game is won and lost on the field. They lost. They are now 2-1. They aren't 2 wins 1 loss, but they are the most talented on paper so really they are 2-0-1. It doesn't (definately shouldn't) work that way. I go back to the simpl logic that at the end of this year, only TWO teams get to play for all the marbles. If that's the case then you should be punished as much as you were rewarded (lets not forget they were rewarded already by jumping over Georgia after their win vs Virginia) And as proponents of the BCS like to point out, the regular season IS the playoff. Then treat it as such.

They lost. They are now 2-1. They aren't 2 wins 1 loss, but they are the most talented on paper so really they are 2-0-1. It doesn't (definately shouldn't) work that way. I go back to the simpl logic that at the end of this year, only TWO teams get to play for all the marbles. If that's the case then you should be punished as much as you were rewarded (lets not forget they were rewarded already by jumping over Georgia after their win vs Virginia) And as proponents of the BCS like to point out, the regular season IS the playoff. Then treat it as such.

What???