[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who does AP play like?

rai

I have not seen every game but I try to watch him when possible. He did seem to tail off last year. But what type of player is he, more speed or power?

He's not Westy/Bush/LT type he doens't catch many balls and they take him out on passing dows,

So is he like LJ or jamal or who?

Edited by rai

He's really in a class of his own. He may be the most balanced runner in the league, not in terms of catching/running, but in terms of maintaining solid leverage. If you saw him run over Al Harris in week one you'll understand what I'm talking about. I almost want to say that he has LT type vision but AD might have the best vision in the league. Yeah, so, he's really a specimen unlike anyone in the league but if I had to describe his style I'd say he has the agility of Reggie Bush and the aggressiveness of Jamal.

He isn't close to DIckerson's style. He isn't close to Jim Brown's style. Or Payton. Reggie Bush? Come on now. Jamal Lewis?? It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men!??? Has anyone ever watched these guys play?? I can think of three.....Bo Jackson, Terrell Davis, and Fred Taylor.

Jamal Lewis?? It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men!??? Has anyone ever watched these guys play?? .

Jamal is a tough son of a gun, big runner, I don't know how fast he is, but he had close to 300 in a game.

Edited by rai

....I can think of three.....Bo Jackson, Terrell Davis, and Fred Taylor.

First, a lot of RBs share some characteristics but not others so almost any RB can be compared with another RB.

Bo, meh. I'd compare Bo more to Jamal Lewis... Neither can match AD's stride in the open field or change of direction.

TD, I can see that but AD has better change of direction. TD was a great runner because of his vision and burst and ability to run through trash.

Fred Taylor... and who does he compare most to... Jim Brown. I'm pretty sure I remember even Jim Brown admitting he liked Fred Taylor the most out of all RBs due to his combo of speed and power.... until AD came along...

Jim Brown is on a pedestal for sure but he's the gold standard... speed, power, and elusiveness. I'm sorry to say but AD is that total package. There's obvious durability concerns at this point but as far as style he compares most to Jim Brown.

Edited by kingfish247

First, a lot of RBs share some characteristics but not others so almost any RB can be compared with another RB.

Bo, meh. I'd compare Bo more to Jamal Lewis... Neither can match AD's stride in the open field or change of direction.

TD, I can see that but AD has better change of direction. TD was a great runner because of his vision and burst and ability to run through trash.

Fred Taylor... and who does he compare most to... Jim Brown. I'm pretty sure I remember even Jim Brown admitting he liked Fred Taylor the most out of all RBs due to his combo of speed and power.... until AD came along...

Jim Brown is on a pedestal for sure but he's the gold standard... speed, power, and elusiveness. I'm sorry to say but AD is that total package. There's obvious durability concerns at this point but as far as style he compares most to Jim Brown.

While I tend to agree with most of what you say, the point that Bo can't match AD's stride in the open field is where I cross the line. Bo Jackson very well was the fastest RB to ever play the game. Jamal Lewis just isn't that type of back in any way.

Dickerson ran as upright as you can get, more similar to Eddie George. Adrian runs behind his pads and runs with shorter, choppier steps than Dickerson did. The only thing he really has in common with Dickerson is that they share body styles.

Dickerson ran as upright as you can get, more similar to Eddie George. Adrian runs behind his pads and runs with shorter, choppier steps than Dickerson did. The only thing he really has in common with Dickerson is that they share body styles.

So you're saying countless scouts, guys that do this stuff for a living, were .... wrong? :wacko:

While I tend to agree with most of what you say, the point that Bo can't match AD's stride in the open field is where I cross the line. Bo Jackson very well was the fastest RB to ever play the game. Jamal Lewis just isn't that type of back in any way.

If you go back to the combine when J Lewis came out you will see he ran a 4.4 and was the fastest rb on the board. Now I am not sayin he's Bo but give the man his due , before the knee injury he was very fast.

Edited by G.K.Trey

Peterson runs exactly like Dickerson, upright, and has speed to burn. He is more physical than Dickerson ever was though.

I compare AD to LT. I think these 2 share alot of the same qualities. Both can take any handoff to the house, both run well inside, and have the speed to get outside. Both have excellent vision. LT has better hands, and AD is more physical. So AD to me plays like LT. Who does he look like when he is toting the rock, Dickerson.

This coming from the same person that said Reggie Williams of the Jags would be the best WR in the game. Geez, you lost your right to evaluate talent long ago! :wacko: