[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is LJ back?

ThatDude

Well for those that don't get to see the games......the Chiefs have changed the whole running game since the second half of last weeks game. They finally figured out that slamming it up the gut is not the strength of ANY RB on the roster and are now back to the toss sweeps and pulling lineman. Today they loaded one side of the line and then ran away from that numerous times and Denver couldn't stop it. LJ has been a different RB ever since they started changing the running scheme....as for now we'll never know who came up with the cjhange back to the old run Off I believe many fans have been wondering why they went away from. Well they started doing it and BAM they have a running game again...see how that works Herm....go back to what we did when you came here, this 2 -3 yards up the gut every play made us predictable. Larry looks like the old Larry except he's lost a step, back in 05 no way does he get caught from behind, but that's two weeks in a row now...he appears to have put on some weight, but that's fine if he keeps up this momentum.

Well for those that don't get to see the games......the Chiefs have changed the whole running game since the second half of last weeks game. They finally figured out that slamming it up the gut is not the strength of ANY RB on the roster and are now back to the toss sweeps and pulling lineman. Today they loaded one side of the line and then ran away from that numerous times and Denver couldn't stop it. LJ has been a different RB ever since they started changing the running scheme....as for now we'll never know who came up with the cjhange back to the old run Off I believe many fans have been wondering why they went away from. Well they started doing it and BAM they have a running game again...see how that works Herm....go back to what we did when you came here, this 2 -3 yards up the gut every play made us predictable. Larry looks like the old Larry except he's lost a step, back in 05 no way does he get caught from behind, but that's two weeks in a row now...he appears to have put on some weight, but that's fine if he keeps up this momentum.

Pretty much.

That and the Chiefs took a couple of shots downfield today, which they haven't done AT ALL the first 3 weeks of the season.

Pretty much.

That and the Chiefs took a couple of shots downfield today, which they haven't done AT ALL the first 3 weeks of the season.

yup, amazing what a running game and a competent QB will do for ya

Meh, talk to me when he's not facing some of the worst run D's in the league like he's had the last two weeks. I'd be selling high right now if I owned him.

That's just it, KC had one the best rushing schedules heading into the season, with only 4 bad match-ups. With SD and NO being two of those bad match-ups, who have both demonstrated they also cannot stop the run, that leaves only one bad match-up left (TEN) for LJ all season. The defenses don't get much better here on out for KC. I expect more of last week from LJ here on out, but only time will tell.

I traded LJ and Witten this week for Cutler and Felix Jones. That was a real kick in the balls.

I sold "high" on LJ last week and got Kevin Smith and Chris Chambers back in return. My reasons were as follows:

1. Im in a keeper league and really dont want to be stuck with LJ for next year too. Im just tired of the whole saga.

2. I have plenty of depth at RB

3. I dont like LJ's schedule until the fantasy playoffs begin. this was basically the last "easy" game for him.

4. The Chiefs are going to be volatile this year, especially at the QB position. You will never know when LJ is going to have a big game. He will have a few more no doubt, but they will come out of the blue. And I suspect that when you think he will have a big game, he will occasionally turn up a stinker. Not that others dont, but he isnt exactly going to be predictable this year and thats bad for fantasy football planning.

5. I really want to play Steve Slaton every week because we use PPR and Slaton is great in that point system. I also have Ryan Grant (another story in itself there) and FWP (not to mention Kevin Smith and Sammy Morris as depth players). Plus I kept Jamal Charles as additional insurance.

I still will probably eke out a win this week thanks to Slaton, so I dont feel too bad about trading him.

That's just it, KC had one the best rushing schedules heading into the season, with only 4 bad match-ups. With SD and NO being two of those bad match-ups, who have both demonstrated they also cannot stop the run, that leaves only one bad match-up left (TEN) for LJ all season. The defenses don't get much better here on out for KC. I expect more of last week from LJ here on out, but only time will tell.

I dont agree. The schedule is pretty brutal until the fantasy playoff weeks.

So your saying he could be consistent going forward? Here's the weird part about this, I didn't play him last week and I won my game. I played him this week and scored a ton of points but lost. I guess thats part of the game. I hope he can continue and be consistent.

I sold "high" on LJ last week and got Kevin Smith and Chris Chambers back in return. My reasons were as follows:

Wow, i think you could have gotten more than a Rookie Backup RB and an inconsistent WR.