[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I told ya'll

SuperBalla

AP Poll

Rank then Team Record

1. Oklahoma (43) (4-0)

2. Alabama (21) (5-0)

3. LSU (4-0)

4. Missouri (1) (4-0)

5. Texas (4-0)

6. Penn St. (5-0)

7. Texas Tech (4-0)

8. BYU (4-0)

9. USC (2-1)

10. South Florida (5-0)

11. Georgia (4-1)

12. Florida (3-1)

13. Auburn (4-1)

14. Ohio St. (4-1)

15. Utah (5-0)

16. Kansas (3-1)

17. Boise St. (3-0)

18. Wisconsin (3-1)

19. Vanderbilt (4-0)

20. Virginia Tech (4-1)

21. Oklahoma St. (4-0)

22. Fresno St. (3-1)

23. Oregon (4-1)

24. Connecticut (5-0)

25. Wake Forest (3-1)

Edited by SuperBalla

Predictable joke of a poll .

Florida takes a loss at HOME against a non top 25 team

Auburn loses at HOME against #5 LSU

OSU loses on the ROAD to #1 USC and somehow is ranked behind both of those teams with weaker loses at home.

Go figure, the hatred for the Bucks is so ridiculous it's comical.

OSU loses on the ROAD to #1 USC and somehow is ranked behind both of those teams with weaker loses at home.

:wacko:

You know the rankings are unimportant right now. I know you know this!

Look, I'm not what you could call pro or anti OSU - I don't have any one team I pull for in NCAA football because, well, the school I attend doesn't have real college football and I wasn't raised in a place that had a passion for a particular team. But really, the folks who are down on OSU have a number of good reason why - you guys looked very flat versus USC and you didn't really impress against Ohio and Troy. Say all you want about a loss is a loss, or a win is a win, but when you want to stake a claim as a top school, you don't squeak by weaklings and get a beatdown from the good ones. I'm confident OSU has a very good team, probably one of the top 15, but no way in the world do they deserve to be ranked higher than USC, Alabama, BYU, Texas, Texas Tech, PSU, Oklahoma, LSU, South Florida, or Missouri. There's plenty of good arguments that you shouldn't be higher than Florida or Auburn. That's 13 of the 14 teams ranked higher than your guys. The only one above them that I would have ranked below OSU is Georgia, for much the same reason I would have OSU below all those other schools - if a team gets absolutely humiliated against good competition, they don't deserve to be in the top 10 until they show, either by rebounding with impressive victories or by the weakness of those above them, that they have a very good case to be there. Right now, OSU doesn't have much of a case to be more than 1 higher than they are now. If there is skepticism on the part of the voters, it's there for a reason - this year's tilt against USC and the Florida game from two years ago were beatdowns, and you didn't exactly look great against LSU either. Bottom line is that you still have one of the richest college football traditions anywhere, your program is consistently good, you don't have academic and financial scandal, and you've got an excellent coaching staff. That's more than can be said for 99% of universities in this country. So what if some voters may not like you?

Look, I'm not what you could call pro or anti OSU - I don't have any one team I pull for in NCAA football because, well, the school I attend doesn't have real college football and I wasn't raised in a place that had a passion for a particular team. But really, the folks who are down on OSU have a number of good reason why - you guys looked very flat versus USC and you didn't really impress against Ohio and Troy. Say all you want about a loss is a loss, or a win is a win, but when you want to stake a claim as a top school, you don't squeak by weaklings and get a beatdown from the good ones. I'm confident OSU has a very good team, probably one of the top 15, but no way in the world do they deserve to be ranked higher than USC, Alabama, BYU, Texas, Texas Tech, PSU, Oklahoma, LSU, South Florida, or Missouri. There's plenty of good arguments that you shouldn't be higher than Florida or Auburn. That's 13 of the 14 teams ranked higher than your guys. The only one above them that I would have ranked below OSU is Georgia, for much the same reason I would have OSU below all those other schools - if a team gets absolutely humiliated against good competition, they don't deserve to be in the top 10 until they show, either by rebounding with impressive victories or by the weakness of those above them, that they have a very good case to be there. Right now, OSU doesn't have much of a case to be more than 1 higher than they are now. If there is skepticism on the part of the voters, it's there for a reason - this year's tilt against USC and the Florida game from two years ago were beatdowns, and you didn't exactly look great against LSU either. Bottom line is that you still have one of the richest college football traditions anywhere, your program is consistently good, you don't have academic and financial scandal, and you've got an excellent coaching staff. That's more than can be said for 99% of universities in this country. So what if some voters may not like you?

Good post but...don't make a mistake...the polls don't dislike OSU. He is currently tripping without luggage for believing OSU should be somewhere above Georgia, Florida, Auburn, or I guess USC. Like Tbimm said it is early but I was suprised, to a degree Bama jumped LSU. It will be a war for the ages that Saturday night. I have put my good kidney on ebay in exchange for tickets. No takers yet. :wacko:

AP Poll

Rank then Team Record

1. Oklahoma (43) (4-0)

2. Alabama (21) (5-0)

3. LSU (4-0)

4. Missouri (1) (4-0)

5. Texas (4-0)

6. Penn St. (5-0)

7. Texas Tech (4-0)

8. BYU (4-0)

9. USC (2-1)

10. South Florida (5-0)

11. Georgia (4-1)

12. Florida (3-1)

13. Auburn (4-1)

14. Ohio St. (4-1)

15. Utah (5-0)

16. Kansas (3-1)

17. Boise St. (3-0)

18. Wisconsin (3-1)

19. Vanderbilt (4-0)

20. Virginia Tech (4-1)

21. Oklahoma St. (4-0)

22. Fresno St. (3-1)

23. Oregon (4-1)

24. Connecticut (5-0)

25. Wake Forest (3-1)

At least the AP has enough sack to jump Alabama past the other undefeated by virtue of that dominant win at GA. The coaches poll seems more concerned about legitimizing how they had it ranked in the preseason.

Oh, and tosu, by god do I hope you're just fishing with that crap you spew.

Why should OSU be ranked above UGA, or for that matter why should USC be ranked above UGA?

OSU was beaten by USC, they were taken to task by an Ohio team that has been repeatedly blown out this year, they squeak by Troy....

USC got spanked by an unranked Ore.St. team.

Though, UGA got spanked by Bama, the number 8 or 10 team (depending on the poll) in the country. How is it that you could justify having a team who lost to an unranked team by 6 (incidentally wasn't Ore. St. 1-2 at the time they beat USC), who at one point was down by 21 (meaning the game wasn't as close as the final score indicated), being ranked above a previously undefeated team who lost to an undefeated team that was ranked in the top 10?

Why should OSU be ranked above UGA, or for that matter why should USC be ranked above UGA?

OSU was beaten by USC, they were taken to task by an Ohio team that has been repeatedly blown out this year, they squeak by Troy....

USC got spanked by an unranked Ore.St. team.

Though, UGA got spanked by Bama, the number 8 or 10 team (depending on the poll) in the country. How is it that you could justify having a team who lost to an unranked team by 6 (incidentally wasn't Ore. St. 1-2 at the time they beat USC), who at one point was down by 21 (meaning the game wasn't as close as the final score indicated), being ranked above a previously undefeated team who lost to an undefeated team that was ranked in the top 10?

My oh my, what a can of worms I've opened! :wacko:

I just wasn't at all impressed with UGA on Saturday. 31-0 at the half is bad, and it's even worse considering that Alabama did it without really doing anything scheme-wise that a good team shouldn't be prepared for. They lined up in two tight end and I formation sets, ran it right at UGA and then threw playaction passes. No spread option, no run and shoot, nothing exotic at all! On both sides, UGA was dominated up front. With OSU, at least they can say they were on the road when they got their beatdown.

But hey, who gives a damn what I say, I don't vote, I don't claim any special position of authority on the subject or anything like that. Just one fan's take.

My oh my, what a can of worms I've opened! :D

I just wasn't at all impressed with UGA on Saturday. 31-0 at the half is bad, and it's even worse considering that Alabama did it without really doing anything scheme-wise that a good team shouldn't be prepared for. They lined up in two tight end and I formation sets, ran it right at UGA and then threw playaction passes. No spread option, no run and shoot, nothing exotic at all! On both sides, UGA was dominated up front. With OSU, at least they can say they were on the road when they got their beatdown.

But hey, who gives a damn what I say, I don't vote, I don't claim any special position of authority on the subject or anything like that. Just one fan's take.

Dude...there won't be many teams that face that type of "Pro" defense that Saban runs. I am seriously worried about it against our QB Jarrett Lee. I tell you...Saban and his defense will ALWAYS be a force to be weary of. God help us... :wacko:

Dude...there won't be many teams that face that type of "Pro" defense that Saban runs. I am seriously worried about it against our QB Jarrett Lee. I tell you...Saban and his defense will ALWAYS be a force to be weary of. God help us... :wacko:

Well, honestly, I was speaking more about the offense. Saban's defensive scheme is indeed something else.

Ky is MUCH improved. Bama is the real deal . They should roll through the SEC with games against LSU and Auburn being the only that they may stumble with.

After 6 weeks of the football season, Bama looks to be the best out there I've seen. OU looks good, but until they play someone, I'll hold my judgment .

Bama proved to be average today. Missed FGs or not, Bama could not throw the ball. Wait till they play a real team. And no GA wasnt a real team.

May have looked average but Kentucky is much better than you are giving them credit for. The Wildcats came into this game 4-0 having given up only 22 total points. They held Louisville to 0 offensive points. Since then the Cardinals have put 500+ yds and 30+ pts per game. No Bama didn't throw very well but they only attempted 17 passes. Why would you throw if you can rush for 280? Just an ugly game. 10 penalties for 92 yards and three turnovers. Ugly game but they won. Good teams do that.

May have looked average but Kentucky is much better than you are giving them credit for. The Wildcats came into this game 4-0 having given up only 22 total points. They held Louisville to 0 offensive points. Since then the Cardinals have put 500+ yds and 30+ pts per game. No Bama didn't throw very well but they only attempted 17 passes. Why would you throw if you can rush for 280? Just an ugly game. 10 penalties for 92 yards and three turnovers. Ugly game but they won. Good teams do that.

no offense, but Bama wont be there in the end. Just like last yr, when Va Tech was stomped by LSU, only to prove they suck later. Polls right now are a joke. Texas, Texas Tech and OU impressed today. Bama did not. If Bama is going to jump teams when they punk an average over rated as hell GA team, they should fall when they barely escape a Kentucky team.

kentuckys wins this yr.

Louisville 2-2 with one of those wins over Tennessee Tech

Norfolk St -

Middle Tenn

Western Kentucky

Hardly an impressive team, and they gave Bama all they could handle.

The Big 12 is going to be the dominate conference this yr. Talk about offensive firepower.

OU

Texas

Texas Tech

Missouri

Kansas

Oklahoma St

no offense, but Bama wont be there in the end. Just like last yr, when Va Tech was stomped by LSU, only to prove they suck later. Polls right now are a joke. Texas, Texas Tech and OU impressed today. Bama did not. If Bama is going to jump teams when they punk an average over rated as hell GA team, they should fall when they barely escape a Kentucky team.

kentuckys wins this yr.

Louisville 2-2 with one of those wins over Tennessee Tech

Norfolk St -

Middle Tenn

Western Kentucky

Hardly an impressive team, and they gave Bama all they could handle.

The Big 12 is going to be the dominate conference this yr. Talk about offensive firepower.

OU

Texas

Texas Tech

Missouri

Kansas

Oklahoma St

Let's be real and remove Kansas from this list.