[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to Skins fans

bushwacked

Not even close. They're a decent football team that played very well and are deserving of a victory yesterday.

Well, that depends on how you define "better". Certainly the Cowboys put more talent on the field but part of being "better" has to include both your coaches and how your players handle pressure and adversity.

I mean, Barber and Jones combined are at least as good as Portis alone. However, if you only run 8 times in a game where you were in it the entire time, it doesn't do you much good.

Sure, TO is more talented than anyone Washington has but I didn't see anyone on Washington's team crying after their offense sputtered in week 1. They just went to work and figured it out.

Romo v Campbell? Well, he tends to put up gaudier numbers but Campbell has yet to throw a pick and Romo is getting a rather deserved rep for not being able to deliver in the biggest games or under pressure.

So, considering the whole package, I'd say it's at least close. Well, that and Washington hardly did it with mirrors yesterday.

Well, that depends on how you define "better". Certainly the Cowboys put more talent on the field but part of being "better" has to include both your coaches and how your players handle pressure and adversity.

I mean, Barber and Jones combined are at least as good as Portis alone. However, if you only run 8 times in a game where you were in it the entire time, it doesn't do you much good.

Sure, TO is more talented than anyone Washington has but I didn't see anyone on Washington's team crying after their offense sputtered in week 1. They just went to work and figured it out.

Romo v Campbell? Well, he tends to put up gaudier numbers but Campbell has yet to throw a pick and Romo is getting a rather deserved rep for not being able to deliver in the biggest games or under pressure.

So, considering the whole package, I'd say it's at least close. Well, that and Washington hardly did it with mirrors yesterday.

Well, you mention the skill positions, and agreed, they clearly favor Dallas, but if the play calling is sub-par it really won't help much. Dallas clearly has a better O-line and D-line as well, and their secondary is improved. If players don't show up or play calling is bad, it's something that can be addressed and worked on, if you don't have the horses you can only do so much, I guess that was my point.

Do you think the Giants were a better football team than the Patriots last year?

Well, you mention the skill positions, and agreed, they clearly favor Dallas, but if the play calling is sub-par it really won't help much. Dallas clearly has a better O-line and D-line as well, and their secondary is improved. If players don't show up or play calling is bad, it's something that can be addressed and worked on, if you don't have the horses you can only do so much, I guess that was my point.

Do you think the Giants were a better football team than the Patriots last year?

The Giants executed their game plan perfectly and still needed some last minute heroics to pull off the victory, so no, I did not think they were the better team. They were a good enough team that out-schemed a better team and made some amazing plays down the stretch.

That isn't what happened yesterday. Washington did not need outplay Dallas and still pull off a game winning final drive with two unforgettable play.

This isn't to say that I think Washington is certainly a better team. I'm just saying they're not the little engine that could either.

Edited by detlef

Well, you mention the skill positions, and agreed, they clearly favor Dallas...

Really?

Is Clinton Portis(4.3ypc this year) really that inferior to Marion Barber(4.4ypc)?

Is Santana Moss (27 for 421 and 3) really that inferior to T.O.(17 for 264 and 4)?

Is Jason Campbell (878, 65% 6-0, 102p.r.) really that inferior to Tony Romo (1192, 64% 8-4, 99p.r.)?

Dallas clearly has a better O-line and D-line as well.

Really?

Washington - 7 Sacks Allowed, 530 rushing Yards (OL) 6 Sacks, 537 Rushing Yards Allowd (DL w/ an unhealthy J.T.)

Dallas - 3 Sacks Allowed, 496 Rushing Yards (OL) 12 Sacks, 414 Rushing Yards Allowed (DL)

Better but not by the huge margin you suggest.

Didnt they split wins last year? I dont see how this is relevant.

Well, you mention the skill positions, and agreed, they clearly favor Dallas...

Really?

Is Clinton Portis(4.3ypc this year) really that inferior to Marion Barber(4.4ypc)?

Is Santana Moss (27 for 421 and 3) really that inferior to T.O.(17 for 264 and 4)?

Is Jason Campbell (878, 65% 6-0, 102p.r.) really that inferior to Tony Romo (1192, 64% 8-4, 99p.r.)?

Dallas clearly has a better O-line and D-line as well.

Really?

Washington - 7 Sacks Allowed, 530 rushing Yards (OL) 6 Sacks, 537 Rushing Yards Allowd (DL w/ an unhealthy J.T.)

Dallas - 3 Sacks Allowed, 496 Rushing Yards (OL) 12 Sacks, 414 Rushing Yards Allowed (DL)

Better but not by the huge margin you suggest.

Didnt they split wins last year? I dont see how this is relevant.

Didn't you know that the Cowboys are this year's Patriots? :wacko:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
And as a life long Seahawk fan; I'm celebrating with you.

I was thinking Zorn might be set up for failure; thus far it looks to be the exact opposite.

:wacko:

Well FWIW, and not that this is any excuse, but Sgt Ryan's post was about as close as he gets to ever truly giving it up to the other team for beating either his Boys, Sooners, or Rangers At least as far as I've seen here at the huddle.

updated