[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can you play with a separtated shoulder?

euphy

I dont know which shoulder it was but if it was his throwing shoulder I'd be worried. I seperated my shoulder numerous times...it was never my throwing shoulder but if it was i wouldn't be able to throw a football, any motion back behind the head I couldn't even imagine how painfull it must be after a seperated shoulder

It really depends on what damage if any was done when/if he seperated it. I'm pretty sure Big Ben sperated his two weeks ago, and still played the next week because there was no damage, it just popped out and was popped back in.

My buddy just had a separated shoulder taking a hit to protect the ball from a reaching defender.

He was out for over 10 weeks. When he could finally move it without pain... his shot had no strength.

Well, if that is the case, I do agree that it would be impossible to play with that injury, It simply cannot be a seperated shoulder based on him coming back into the game and throwing passes. Again, Rodgers returned to the game and threw multiple passes, which, as I agree, would be impossible to do with a truly seperated shoulder.

My guess is a strained AC joint. Lets not panic.

Didn't Eli do this last year? Depends on degree and how pain he can handle.

News Main E-mail

Posted: 09/10/2007

Eli Manning has separated shoulder, expected to miss playing time

NFL.com Wire Reports

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has a separated shoulder and is expected to miss at least the next two games.

Schefter reports that Manning could return as early as Sept. 30, when the Giants host the Eagles.

The Giants, however, would not confirm the shoulder separation. Manning called his injury a bruised shoulder. Giants coach Tom Coughlin said it was sprained. The Giants public relations staff labeled it a bruised acromioclavicular (AC) joint.

Coughlin said in his Monday press conference that Manning is day-to-day.

If Manning can't play, backup Jared Lorenzen would likely start in his place. Anthony Wright is the Giants' third-string quarterback.

"Right now it would be Lorenzen," Coughlin said, "but I’m not ruling anything out. Nothing in, nothing out."

Manning landed awkwardly on his throwing shoulder late in the Giants' 45-35 loss to the Cowboys. After a 213-yard, four-touchdown game, Manning was replaced by Lorenzen.

"Everything is probably as good as it can be from the test results," Manning said. "It's just a matter of when do you have the strength and when do you feel you can throw it full strength, and you'll be out there playing."

The Giants got some good news on Monday. The team said that former Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora only irritated the cartilage in his left knee on Sunday, and his status is day-to-day.

Halfback Brandon Jacobs, however, is expected to miss three to five weeks with a sprained MCL in his right knee, Schefter reports.

Manning, who has started 42 straight regular-season and playoff games for the Giants dating to 2004, said he wasn't in a lot of pain on Monday evening. He even joked with reporters. He said he brushed his teeth with his right hand, started his car with his right hand and then stuck out his right hand and shook hands with one reporter.

Walking off the field on Sunday night after the 45-35 loss to the Cowboys in Dallas, Manning only stuck out his left hand to greet opponents.

For effect on Monday, Manning even grabbed a pair of shorts hanging in his locker and lifted them three times in a weightlifting move.

Information from The Associated Press was included in this report

Edited by Randall

Didn't Eli do this last year? Depends on degree and how pain he can handle.

News Main E-mail

Posted: 09/10/2007

Eli Manning has separated shoulder, expected to miss playing time

NFL.com Wire Reports

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has a separated shoulder and is expected to miss at least the next two games.

Schefter reports that Manning could return as early as Sept. 30, when the Giants host the Eagles.

The Giants, however, would not confirm the shoulder separation. Manning called his injury a bruised shoulder. Giants coach Tom Coughlin said it was sprained. The Giants public relations staff labeled it a bruised acromioclavicular (AC) joint.

Coughlin said in his Monday press conference that Manning is day-to-day.

If Manning can't play, backup Jared Lorenzen would likely start in his place. Anthony Wright is the Giants' third-string quarterback.

"Right now it would be Lorenzen," Coughlin said, "but I’m not ruling anything out. Nothing in, nothing out."

Manning landed awkwardly on his throwing shoulder late in the Giants' 45-35 loss to the Cowboys. After a 213-yard, four-touchdown game, Manning was replaced by Lorenzen.

"Everything is probably as good as it can be from the test results," Manning said. "It's just a matter of when do you have the strength and when do you feel you can throw it full strength, and you'll be out there playing."

The Giants got some good news on Monday. The team said that former Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora only irritated the cartilage in his left knee on Sunday, and his status is day-to-day.

Halfback Brandon Jacobs, however, is expected to miss three to five weeks with a sprained MCL in his right knee, Schefter reports.

Manning, who has started 42 straight regular-season and playoff games for the Giants dating to 2004, said he wasn't in a lot of pain on Monday evening. He even joked with reporters. He said he brushed his teeth with his right hand, started his car with his right hand and then stuck out his right hand and shook hands with one reporter.

Walking off the field on Sunday night after the 45-35 loss to the Cowboys in Dallas, Manning only stuck out his left hand to greet opponents.

For effect on Monday, Manning even grabbed a pair of shorts hanging in his locker and lifted them three times in a weightlifting move.

Information from The Associated Press was included in this report

Says right in the article that is was officially reported as a sprained AC joint, which is what I posted above and not a seperated shoulder.

I say definitley not. I separated my shoulder numerous times before the one BIG dislocation. I was told what happens is that after a separation your ligaments surrounding the socket get loosened up, thus making it more suscpetable to separating again. When I did dislocate it fully out of the socket it was the most painful thing EVER. I had to have an operation to tighten the ligaments so it would not happen again.

From Roto:

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said in his Monday presser that Aaron Rodgers' injury is a "right shoulder sprain." There is no structural damage.

"He will rehab today and tomorrow, and we’ll have a better idea (of Rodgers' status) on Wednesday," McCarthy said. "We will make sure both Matt (Flynn) and Aaron are ready. Wednesday’s important." It sounds like Rodgers has a chance to face Atlanta in Week 5, but it could come down to a pain-tolerance matter. Either way, this is good long-term news for Green Bay's skill players.

From Roto:

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said in his Monday presser that Aaron Rodgers' injury is a "right shoulder sprain." There is no structural damage.

"He will rehab today and tomorrow, and we’ll have a better idea (of Rodgers' status) on Wednesday," McCarthy said. "We will make sure both Matt (Flynn) and Aaron are ready. Wednesday’s important." It sounds like Rodgers has a chance to face Atlanta in Week 5, but it could come down to a pain-tolerance matter. Either way, this is good long-term news for Green Bay's skill players.

A shoulder "sprain" is still painful and can be made worse if he comes back too quickly. I think he'll be out 1-2 weeks.

A shoulder "sprain" is still painful and can be made worse if he comes back too quickly. I think he'll be out 1-2 weeks.

Roethlisberger has been playing with the same injury the last two games, but, then again, he is like Superman. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo