[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brad Childress should be fired...

Savage Beatings

4-13-MIN 18 (2:00) (Punt formation) 5-C.Kluwe punts 56 yards to TEN 26, Center-46-C.Loeffler, fair catch by 29-C.Carr.

Can anybody justify why any team in the NFL would literally quit like this? I understand that the odds might have been pretty bad that Tarvaris could even get them a first down... but with 2:00 minutes left in the game how could the Viings possibly punt on 4th and 13, knowing full well that the Titans would then just kneel on it to run out the rest of the clock? Why not at least attempt that throw on 4th and 13?

Childress gave up. He quit because apparently he decided that it was just too hard to keep trying. I don't like his offensive philosophy, and I don't like the play calls in general, but I've been willing to overlook some of that to a certain extent. But this can't be overlooked. Childress quit yesterday. He should be fired today for doing so.

Edited by Savage Beatings

I've always been one of the guys to give Secret Squirrel more time to prove what he can do, but yesterday was outright disgusting. To me his play calling or Bevel's has always seemed like he was trying to not loose and I've always blamed it on a lack of execution by a poor QB and his young WR's. The excuses are gone, at least we knew that the rams, lions, and raiders had major personnel deficiencies at the start of the season but this team had high hopes. Then his use of the clock and timeouts is outrageous, if you're going to take a timeout to get a better look at a challenge JUST ROLL THE DICE YOU #$%#!@# !$##&. I understand why andy never let him call plays in Philly now. Give me the Chin.

And how about the wasted timeout from Gus towards the end of the game... it was like 1st and 10 on the 2 yard line. Play clock was winding down to zero so he takes a timeout. :wacko: If he had just taken the delay of game instead of wasting the timeout it would have been 1st and 11 on the 1 yard line. :D

And how about the wasted timeout from Gus towards the end of the game... it was like 1st and 10 on the 2 yard line. Play clock was winding down to zero so he takes a timeout. :wacko: If he had just taken the delay of game instead of wasting the timeout it would have been 1st and 11 on the 1 yard line. :D

+1

It wouldn't be so bad if this happened once in a blue moon, but it's happening every week! The defense is wasted on this team because it's on the field the entire game.

Minnesota still sucking balls after the QB change is exposing Childress as being a terrible head coach. As much as it hurts to see the Vikes losing, technically this is a good thing and will get Childress and Bevell sh*tcanned sooner rather than later. I hope.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

All I know is Brad and company have made me HATE the west coast offense (or Chilli's version: The Kick Ass Offense). I'm so freaking tired of throwing the ball and make the receiver try run for the first down. Is it too much to ask for at least a few intermediate passes a game past the first down marker?

There is only so much the defense can do and it seems that Chilli's offense will continue to bite. Eventually the defense is going to get fustrated with the offense. 21 points off of turnovers yesterday!!!! Two turnovers inside their own 20!!! 3 yard passes when you need 10 yards and 40 yard bombs when you need 1. Gus is one big hit from retirement and T-Jax is... well ...he is what we thought he was!

There is a pretty decent QB sitting on the bench in TB right now. Offer a 4th or 5th for him and get a QB is can run the west coast offense.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt until he brought his own players in. He is a lucky coach to have an owner spend the kind of money that Zygi has in order to have some good players. Good coaches overcome adversity and win games they need to and it seems he can't get it done. The Vikings have sucked in the redzone since Chili got here. The pass defense stinks and has not improved. I don't think the Vikings have had a 100 yard receiver under his tenure. If they don't make the playoffs, I am sure he will get fired. Zygi may pull the trigger even earlier if they are 1-8 or so. It doesn't get any easier next week when we play New Orleans. Were on pace for a 4-12 season. Maybe we can get a high draft pick and get a QB.

As much as I still like Jared Allen, he went from one team to the next with the same problem, no offense and the defense is asked to shoulder the load.

Allen's run stopping skills are mediocre at best, then again, if I had to pick one person to run it at it'd be Allen only because the other three are monsters. Allen always looks the best in the 4th quarter when a team is down and they have to throw, this is where he shines and also a player historically the Vikings have always needed, Wasted. I hope to god we can acquire a solid vet, not just a career back-up and I sure as heck do not want to play russian roulette with rookie QB's. I could just see this team throwing a new rookie to the dogs every two years until AD retires.

I've never wanted the Vikings to lose in my life, until now. If losing every game is what it takes to get rid of Chilly, I'm down. The sooner he is gone, the sooner the Vikes can right the ship. It may take until next season, but there is a lot of talent wearing purple going to waste.

I thought that Childress' analysis before the game was very telling. He mentioned how the Vikes and Titans are so similar to each other. Strong run defense, good rushing offense, etc. The only difference in the two teams is the one he didn't mention.

The Titans have a much better coach.

If guys like Kiffen and dude from St. Louis can be fired for stinking up the joint with completely horrid rosters, then yes, a guy who's actually got enough talent to compete can be canned for doing barely any better.

yeah but don't you think Kiffin's doing ok? I do, and he's now doing more with less than Childress is. But as a Bears fan, I don't need more bad news that the Vikes are trying to get better, especially after the Lions did last week. :wacko:

Edited by Pope Flick

BTW - since were kind of on the topic of coaches getting fired. Who are the coordinators that will are candidates for a head coaching position or others? I don't think Cowher will come out of retirement because he moved his family to the Carolina area.

Steve Spagnuolo - will he get his chance this year?

BTW - since were kind of on the topic of coaches getting fired. Who are the coordinators that will are candidates for a head coaching position or others? I don't think Cowher will come out of retirement because he moved his family to the Carolina area.

Steve Spagnuolo - will he get his chance this year?

Jason Garrett was a hot name last year.

I honestly am starting to believe that the brass in Minnesota is going to fire Chilly once the Vikes are most likely eliminated from the playoffs...

and i am glad... :wacko:

Article from the strib today. Zygi's not too happy. I wonder what that conversation was like?

NASHVILLE — Vikings owner Zygi Wilf tapped on a door in the visitors locker room and then opened it. The man behind the desk was Brad Childress, and Zygi's hand-picked coach appeared to be as pale as the whitewashed wall behind him.

Wilf closed the door, stayed inside for a couple of minutes and then headed for the locker room exit. He was asked for a comment on his high-priced team falling to 1-3 with Sunday's 30-17 loss to the Tennessee Titans.

"I don't like to comment after a loss,'' he said. "Catch me after a winning game.''

Link

Edited by Outshined