[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Richard Collier update

budlitebrad

:wacko:

JACKSONVILLE -- Jacksonville Jaguars offensive tackle Richard Collier, who was shot earlier this month, is paralyzed below the waist and has had his left leg amputated, his doctors said Monday.

They said Collier, who had 14 bullet wounds, is now in stable condition after being previously listed in critical condition.

That's depressing to read, but it obviously could have been a lot worse.

Edited by budlitebrad

Wasnt he a target? Dont you usually have to do something pretty f-ed up to be a target? Im not assuming anything, but until I hear the reasons, if that ever happens, Im not sure Ill feel so bad for him. Does it suck? Absolutely. But if the dude did something to deserve it, well, its his own fault.

I hope someone can point out that it was a misunderstanding or something. I hate to be one that says someone deserves wha they get.

Wasnt he a target? Dont you usually have to do something pretty f-ed up to be a target? Im not assuming anything, but until I hear the reasons, if that ever happens, Im not sure Ill feel so bad for him. Does it suck? Absolutely. But if the dude did something to deserve it, well, its his own fault.

I hope someone can point out that it was a misunderstanding or something. I hate to be one that says someone deserves wha they get.

All accounts that I've seen is that police believe that he was targeted, but don't know of a motive. I think that if it was a random shooting, he would have been shot just a few times, or his passenger might have also been.

I'm not sure anyone deserves being shot 14 times, becoming paralyzed, and having their leg amputated. I'm sure over the next few months (if not longer) Collier will have serious bouts of depression. His entire world has been flipped over. He's gone from the relative peek physical performance and capability to almost the lowest. I would not be surprised if he even wished that he died or had thoughts of suicide.

I understand where you are coming from, however I'll take the innocent until proven guilty approach. It may have been something he did and he "deserved" it. But it could also have been something that he did that wasn't deserving of it. It was reported that he was at the apartment of some ladies that they met earlier that night. It could be a jealous former boyfriend of one of the ladies and all Collier did was just go out with her.

This is so naive on so many levels.

What did Darrent Williams do to deserve to get killed? Disrespect some homey at some club?

Collier was a big, lovable dude who was respected by all his teammates, not a punk like pacman and the vick brothers.

Learn a little something about someone before you call them a punk ass bitsch who deserved what he got.

You look the wrong person in the eye, you can get shot 14 times too.

Sad to see. As bad as people can be, there are very, very few instances where someone "deserves" 14 shots. It will definitely shake up his world, just hope he comes out of it in the best way possible.

All accounts that I've seen is that police believe that he was targeted, but don't know of a motive. I think that if it was a random shooting, he would have been shot just a few times, or his passenger might have also been.

I'm not sure anyone deserves being shot 14 times, becoming paralyzed, and having their leg amputated. I'm sure over the next few months (if not longer) Collier will have serious bouts of depression. His entire world has been flipped over. He's gone from the relative peek physical performance and capability to almost the lowest. I would not be surprised if he even wished that he died or had thoughts of suicide.

I understand where you are coming from, however I'll take the innocent until proven guilty approach. It may have been something he did and he "deserved" it. But it could also have been something that he did that wasn't deserving of it. It was reported that he was at the apartment of some ladies that they met earlier that night. It could be a jealous former boyfriend of one of the ladies and all Collier did was just go out with her.

Well said, and I agree on every account.

This is so naive on so many levels.

What did Darrent Williams do to deserve to get killed? Disrespect some homey at some club?

Collier was a big, lovable dude who was respected by all his teammates, not a punk like pacman and the vick brothers.

Learn a little something about someone before you call them a punk ass bitsch who deserved what he got.

You look the wrong person in the eye, you can get shot 14 times too.

Settle down, and get the sand out of your vagina. I said Im not assuming anything, and I also wont feel bad until knowing what haoppened. As cdrudge stated above, he made a good point about it could of possibly have been a jealous former bf or something like that that made him a target.

And how do you know he was a "big, lovable dude who was respected by all his teammates"?

• 2 months later...
Well, regardless, if I offended you, I apologize.

However, Id still be interested in hearing exactly what happened.

So after reading more about this, and just now seeing the interview on ESPN, its clear that he was a victim of attempted murder. Fortunately for him, he survived. Unfortunately, he will never walk again.

They got the guy that did it right? I hope he rots in hell with OJ.

Sad story... H8... My apologies for making the comment I did, but with the amount of thugs in professional sports now, you sometimes just have to make an assumption that they do things to deserve what they get.