[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lane Kiffin

darin3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if he'll have to fight for his money now...

My guess is yes.

According to Mortensen, the Raiders don't plan to honor Kiffin's contract -- they may use "insubordination" as the excuse -- and are leaning toward replacing him with offensive line coach Tom Cable. Kiffin, who went 5-15 with the Raiders and was the league's youngest head coach, is still owed over $3 million.

Do you think that Al Davis knows that he is solely responsible for the problems with his team? I mean, he obviously must have some level of intelligence to achieve the level of personal success that he has... shouldn't it be blatantly obvious to him that he is the one to blame?

Do you think that Al Davis knows that he is solely responsible for the problems with his team? I mean, he obviously must have some level of intelligence to achieve the level of personal success that he has... shouldn't it be blatantly obvious to him that he is the one to blame?

What does obvious have to do with any of this?

Edited by kingfish247

Al Davis is solely responsible for sinking this Franchise. He is also damaging it for years to come. Does Goodell have any tools at his disposal to interfere with the running of this franchise?

How can any coach take a job there? Al's contracts are worthless. He should just hire his staff on an hourly rate.

Al Davis is solely responsible for sinking this Franchise. He is also damaging it for years to come. Does Goodell have any tools at his disposal to interfere with the running of this franchise?

How can any coach take a job there? Al's contracts are worthless. He should just hire his staff on an hourly rate.

I've been wondering this myself - about Goodell somehow working behind the scenes to get Davis out of the picture. I would think there would be some owners that are not of the old-boy club that would welcome a change there, and considering the tradition of the Raiders, I'd think he'd try to make something happen. Of course, I also think many teams enjoy having an easy game or two on their schedule each year simply because of his control of the team. It would be good for the NFL, of course, to see him move on, and I'd think Goodell might be accepted enough with his tough stance on player misconduct and tv contracts, etc., to work on this problem - which it is.

There's nobody in their right mind that would take that job with him there. Even Denny Green said he wouldn't answer the phone if all called, and that's saying something for him.

Who in there right mind would want this job next year? I feel bad for Raiders fans. Bad ownership / front office is hard to deal with, but this is ridiculous.

:wacko: Subtract Davis out of the equation and it's actually a pretty sweet deal. Russell looks to be improving, DMac appears to be the real deal, the defense is somewhat under-rated. Boggles the mind.

According to Mortensen, the Raiders don't plan to honor Kiffin's contract -- they may use "insubordination" as the excuse -- and are leaning toward replacing him with offensive line coach Tom Cable. Kiffin, who went 5-15 with the Raiders and was the league's youngest head coach, is still owed over $3 million.

Insubordination = "He didn't resign when we told him to."

He keeps giving these young coaches their shot because he wants guys who owe him; who are Just Happy To Be Here. When he runs into a coach that won't dance to his tune, he gets the axe.

The firing isn't so bad if the guy is in over his head, but all the time and energy the Raiders spent trying to find a way to weasel out of paying him, interviewing assistants on his own staff to replace him, and the public way they did it, is just so low-rent. Not what you would expect from an NFL franchise.

My dream outcome would be that Kiffin replaces either Norvell or Herm and we have TWO coaches in the AFC West with axes to grind with Al. I never get tired of Shanahan running it up Spurrier-Style on the Raiders because he's still got it in for Al.

Edited by FordFairlane

Davis has had a confrontational nature with the NFL brass for a long time and that included lawsuits. He would pull more tricks if Goodell tried to intervene.

He's still a very intelligent man but his ego keeps telling him he can manage this team. He needs to step back and let someone else take over.

Ex-players-do an intervention.

Do you think that Al Davis Mike Brown knows that he is solely responsible for the problems with his team? I mean, he obviously must have some level of intelligence to achieve the level of personal success that he has... shouldn't it be blatantly obvious to him that he is the one to blame?

I hope that Kiffin finds another HC job. I think that he did pretty well, considering the relative lack of talent that he had to work with and that the Raiders organization is a complete grease fire in general. They played well against the Bills and Chargers and could easily be a respectable 2-2 right now.

It is often very difficult to look at one's own shadow, and thus we work hard to avoid doing so.

He's still a very intelligent man but his ego keeps telling him he can manage this team. He needs to step back and let someone else take over.

Ex-players-do an intervention.

what gives you the impression he's still a very intelligent man?

i truly feel sorry for the raiders fans. They are mockery of the sport, and a shame to the league, and its all Al's fault.