[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lane Kiffin

darin3

one of these days it will no longer be the al davis show; it will be like having bad eye sight and putting glasses on for the first time. the future is such a mystery and uncertain for raider nation, and yet may be here sooner than later

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al Davis needs to learn the word continuity.Is Kiffin a great coach now?No,but I have watched the Raiders the last 3 weeks and this team is not far away from being good.There is talent on both sides of the ball and they are just learning how to win.Al Davis is an absolute fruitcake and until he is no longer in charge this team will not improve.I am not a Raiders fan but it is almost sickening to watch this idiot ruin his own franchise.

Another sad day to be a Raider fan. I really liked what Kiffin was doing with the team; very John Gruden-esque...

For those of you that don't quite understand at this point, The Onion has a pretty adequate break down of Al Davis' strong/weak characteristics. :wacko:

Frankly I couldn't stand Kiffin, call me Al Davis Jr. :D I don't understand how you can compare Gruden to Kiffin!!! Not even close in my opinion! To Kiffin's credit we have been in a lot of close games! But you gotta finish those things off. Who knows where we go to for a coach now. We are perceived as a joke franchise around the league, what good coach wants to come deal with this mess and BIG AL???

this press conference is the most unprofessional thing I've ever heard in my life. I hope the league steps in and does something. All he needs to do is introduce his new coach. The airing of dirty laundry and showing off of letters sent to him, is rediculous. Lane's not there to tell his side of the story.

Al Davis needs to go. Worst owner in the league, and the league needs to do something ablout it.

This press conference is very, very far out of line.

He's reading letters he sent to Kiffin in an attempt to justify his decision, and it's just coming off as looking desperate and unprofessional. Not to mention everyone knows he's lying.

I'm so disappointed with what came out of his mouth. Sucks to be a Raider fan today.

Do the NFL a favor and drop dead.

"This hurts because I picked the wrong coach"

... what other options did you have Al?

"I just didn't like his attitude towards the players, the other coaches, the administration, everybody."

... actually Al, Kiffin was great to every person in that organization, EXCEPT you. For a reason. The players and coaches loved him and what he was doing.

this press conference is the most unprofessional thing I've ever heard in my life. I hope the league steps in and does something. All he needs to do is introduce his new coach. The airing of dirty laundry and showing off of letters sent to him, is rediculous. Lane's not there to tell his side of the story.

This press conference is very, very far out of line.

He's reading letters he sent to Kiffin in an attempt to justify his decision, and it's just coming off as looking desperate and unprofessional. Not to mention everyone knows he's lying.

Didn't get to see it. Can anybody give the details?

Frankly I couldn't stand Kiffin, call me Al Davis Jr. :wacko: I don't understand how you can compare Gruden to Kiffin!!! Not even close in my opinion! To Kiffin's credit we have been in a lot of close games! But you gotta finish those things off. Who knows where we go to for a coach now. We are perceived as a joke franchise around the league, what good coach wants to come deal with this mess and BIG AL???

the cable guy

I hope that Kiffin finds another HC job. I think that he did pretty well, considering the relative lack of talent that he had to work with and that the Raiders organization is a complete grease fire in general. They played well against the Bills and Chargers and could easily be a respectable 3-1 right now.

Fixed... They had 2-touchdown leads against both Buffalo and San Diego in the second half, and beat the Chiefs. They SHOULD be 3-1 right now.

I thought for some guy out of college who was pick #2 at the time that he more than justified his hiring, despite last year's crap fest. He had that team playing, and I loved his playcalling against a superior SD team this past weekend. Their D was lost at times.

Didn't Kiffin want to fire the defensive coordinator? :wacko:

what gives you the impression he's still a very intelligent man?

i truly feel sorry for the raiders fans. They are mockery of the sport, and a shame to the league, and its all Al's fault.

Seriously... A smart man would realize how there are those who can better this franchise if he would just get out of the way. He may be "smart", but he's not "football winning smart."

I gained a lot more respect for Kiffin after watching him stay out of a childish he said-he said.

I liked the way that he neglected to wear any Raiders gear during any one of his press conferences last week. I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not, but it appeared (to me) as a sort of passive-aggressive middle finger to Al.

link to a vid or anything?

Foxsport's Article

Pretty much, Al said Kiffin was a liar, that he engages in propaganda to make the Raiders look bad, that he was responsible for many of the Raiders' bad personnel moves, and that he couldn't be trusted and was going to be fired for lying regardless of their record. He also called Chris Mortensen a "professional peddler of falsehoods," and accused Kiffin of feeding Mortensen all of his recent stories.

He's a joke. He's gone insane. The Raiders franchise will never move forward while he's in charge.

Kiffin has taken all of it like a champ, I'll be watching him and hope the best for he and his career.