[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone like Toomer this week?

derek

I'd guess 6 for 90 , perhaps a TD.

:wacko: OK, now I'm interested. Let's take a look at Toomer's stats thus far:

Week 1 - 2 catches, 12 yards

Week 2 - 6 catches, 67 yards, 1 TD

Week 3 - 5 catches, 64 yards

Of course this week may be without Burress (who's stats are below):

Week 1 - 10 catches, 133 yards

Week 2 - 5 catches, 81 yards, 1 TD

Week 3 - 3 catches, 45 yards

Let's say Toomer could, perhaps, be somewhere in the Burress range as the #1. Now let's look at Trufant's cover's numbers:

Week 1 (Lee Evans) - 4 catches, 102 yards .... typical Evans game

Week 2 (Ike Bruce) - 4 catches, 153 yards .... wow, I may be disproving my own theory here :D

Week 3 (Torry Holt) - 4 catches, 37 yards

Alright, so the only consistent thing here is Trufant is allowing... well... just about 4 catches a game. In two cases this season, he's allowed some big plays. That said, I would project Toomer right at 4-5 catches. Whether or not he turns one or two of those grabs into a big gain (or a score) is the big question.

Personally, I wouldn't rely on Toomer to put up gaudy, Burress-esque stats.

Let's say Toomer could, perhaps, be somewhere in the Burress range as the #1. Now let's look at Trufant's cover's numbers:

Week 1 (Lee Evans) - 4 catches, 102 yards .... typical Evans game

Week 2 (Ike Bruce) - 4 catches, 153 yards .... wow, I may be disproving my own theory here :wacko:

Week 3 (Torry Holt) - 4 catches, 37 yards

Personally, I wouldn't rely on Toomer to put up gaudy, Burress-esque stats.

well the problem here is Toomer wont be the "number 1". he is still going to be the Y receiver with Smith in the slot, hixon will just be moving into that X spot for burress. so if your really looking for those Burress catchs, grab hixson.

well the problem here is Toomer wont be the "number 1". he is still going to be the Y receiver with Smith in the slot, hixon will just be moving into that X spot for burress. so if your really looking for those Burress catchs, grab hixson.

As a homer, do you think he's worth the grab?

It will be a guessing game this week with the Giants receivers. I see them running a LOT and spreading the passing game around. I know the projections don't like it, but I like Boss as a play this week at TE. I'm guessing Toomer is a lock for 6-8 points and if he grabs a TD, then you got lucky.

As a homer, do you think he's worth the grab?

well last time Hixon filled in for Plax he had about 50ish yard and 2 TDs receiving...plus he is a threat to return if you get those points. Those numbers all in the first quarter against the browns "first" team D, but it was preseason. Im no DMD but id give him a shot as Manning has shown that he likes throwing to the guy. 6 for 89 in two games as the WR4 is not bad imo...should do no worse than that in Plax's spot as long as the offence doesnt fall apart.