[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Grant..

nimal

He was last years Samkon Gado...he's garbage

I disagree. He is a GREAT buy low candidate in my opinion. He is just now getting healthy, and will start putting up solid numbers this week. Like someone already mentioned, he was not the problem against Tampa.

I disagree. He is a GREAT buy low candidate in my opinion. He is just now getting healthy, and will start putting up solid numbers this week. Like someone already mentioned, he was not the problem against Tampa.

The big question is how long will Green Bay stick with giving Grant the ball? They gave it to him 15 times and he only got 20 yards....if that's the O line's fault, that is one thing....but, being a Grant owner, got a feeling that they will start working Brandon Jackson more and more...

I had a deal on the table last Friday (trade Grant for Calvin Johnson and Selvin Young). Unfortunately, deal did not go through (not because anyone backed out). Not sure if can still pull the deal off..

He was last years Samkon Gado...he's garbage

:wacko: What team do you root for again? Samkon Gado played pretty good. What Grant did last year was phenominal.

Grant has been injured all year long and we should just now start to see him play healthy. His biggest problem is not hitting the cutback lanes. His vision is what prevented him from having a solid FF outing, either that or he isn't confident about his recovery from his injury. The line will get it together around the midpoint of the season. I think he'll right the ship.

The big question is how long will Green Bay stick with giving Grant the ball? They gave it to him 15 times and he only got 20 yards....if that's the O line's fault, that is one thing....but, being a Grant owner, got a feeling that they will start working Brandon Jackson more and more...

Brandon Jackson saw his least amount of action all season last game. I think they start to pound Grant over the next few weeks. Jackson doesn't get worked in unless we see a few more weeks of Grant failure. We've got to remember that they both caused turnovers last week.

I had a deal on the table last Friday (trade Grant for Calvin Johnson and Selvin Young). Unfortunately, deal did not go through (not because anyone backed out). Not sure if can still pull the deal off..

I watched the game and thought he looked good early. He had 9 rushes for 28 yards and was stuffed on a bunch of early runs where his line just didnt block. Not sure how you can blame the runner when a defender is already on him immediately upon getting the handoff. LT wouldnt have done much there either.

Then, he got hit with a 6 yard loss on a toss sweep that was sniffed out before the ball was snapped. Grant ran wide, there was a jail break and he lost 6 yards. Again, the Packers didnt block, didnt fool anyone.

IMPORTANT NOTE: that happened AFTER Rodgers went out of the game. Once Rodgers went down and Matt Flynn came in, Tampa just brought the farm against the running game and begged Flynn to try and beat them. That was it for the running game after that. The safeties and corners came up and Grant also lost a bunch of yards on a swing pass that went nowhere after his line and the receivers failed to block anyone.

On the fumble, I dont think Grant did a good job and deserves criticism there. There were a few other times that it looked like Grants timing and cuts werent that dynamic, but I think he is just rounding into shape. Ive seen Grant play qutie a bit and when totally healthy he makes great cuts and really gets downhill in a hurry.

I am thrilled I drafted Steve Slaton and with FWP's injury, I really need Grant to start producing or my season will be over. But I think he definitely is a buy low candidate for sure because he still has a ton of upside. Id be surprised if he was a total bust this year but for the injury issue because if the hammy lingers all season he certainly could be a bust. But figure once you get past the bye week with him, he will be 100% (if he isnt already) and should have a nice 2nd half.

Of greater concern is Aaron Rodgers. He may be a bit injury prone and there is no veteran QB behind him. This could prove fatal to the Packers season as I do not believe that Matt Flynn is ready to take over a playoff caliber team and defenses will gang up on the running game if Rodgers isnt playing. that scenario is far more detrimental to Grant's upside than the hammy issue.

You mean more than the one carry he had Sunday?

The GB running game in general is struggling. They need to buckle down and make an effort to run. They've been coasting on passing (like early last year), but that won't last. They need balance and they know it. I look for them to go run heavy this week, now that Grant is healthy. Jackson should get a few touches to spell Grant, but Grant will get 20 this week. I think he rebounds and they get it rolling this week...