[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Rodgers questionable for week 5?

Cowboyz1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall >> Owens?

Thats nuts IMO. I know your homerism plays a part but you cant compare Marshall to Owens. Maybe in the future he will be better than Owens but you cant say he will have a better career right now.

I absolutely can make those comparisons. Marshall isn't regularly dropping easy passes right in his hands and then laughing it off, much less blaming his QB every time a pass doesn't hit him right in the hands. As far as careers? Who knows. But pass for pass in the right-now? Marshall is hands down better than Owens.

thought I was reading an A-Rodg post, now it's divulged into a TO vs Marshall post? Well, my 2 cents, right now Marshall is better than TO, but let's revisit when Marshall is 35 (almost 35) and talk. Longevity is the market that TO has cornered along w/ the likes of Jerry Rice in his day. Impeccable physique and workout regimen yr round....TO has a leg up on Marshall--don't ever think he's been in trouble w/ the law...doesn't drink or smoke, hang out at bars or whatever. that sh**t will kill an NFL career in a heartbeat....Marshall should take notes on what it takes to play at a high level when most players have long fallen by the wayside

thought I was reading an A-Rodg post, now it's divulged into a TO vs Marshall post? Well, my 2 cents, right now Marshall is better than TO, but let's revisit when Marshall is 35 (almost 35) and talk. Longevity is the market that TO has cornered along w/ the likes of Jerry Rice in his day. Impeccable physique and workout regimen yr round....TO has a leg up on Marshall--don't ever think he's been in trouble w/ the law...doesn't drink or smoke, hang out at bars or whatever. that sh**t will kill an NFL career in a heartbeat....Marshall should take notes on what it takes to play at a high level when most players have long fallen by the wayside

If I were Marshall and needing to take notes, TO is one of the last people I would want to get them from. As great as Owens is and has been throughout his career, that's not what people will remember most. The first thing people will think about is the problems he's caused... From the Garcia/Niners debacle to those in Philly, to the MNF/desperate housewives non-sense to the overdose non-sense.

I absolutely can make those comparisons. Marshall isn't regularly dropping easy passes right in his hands and then laughing it off, much less blaming his QB every time a pass doesn't hit him right in the hands. As far as careers? Who knows. But pass for pass in the right-now? Marshall is hands down better than Owens.

With a touchdown Sunday, Owens would tie Marshall Faulk (136) for fourth place on the NFL's all-time touchdowns list.

And you want to talk about Marshall being on the same planet as Owens. Let me know when your boy breaks the consecutive startes in a season without suspension benchmark, first, then consecutive girlfriends without assault charges, then and only then can we discuss him being a responcible and dependable Man, let alone a good and reliable NFL receiver.

Edited by Cowboyz1

With a touchdown Sunday, Owens would tie Marshall Faulk (136) for fourth place on the NFL's all-time touchdowns list.

And you want to talk about Marshall being on the same planet as Owens. Let me know when your boy breaks the consecutive startes in a season without suspension benchmark, first, then consecutive girlfriends without assault charges, then and only then can we discuss him being a responcible and dependable Man, let alone a good and reliable NFL receiver.

I think BB is talking about Marshall and Owens right now. Owens moving into fourth on the alltime td list means jack as far as this season goes. If we're talking about that then talk about TO whenever he starts hitting Marvin Harrison's yardage numbers. Marshall has a very questionable character, but you may want to get off your high horse with TO. Marshall hasn't help destroy one team, while TO maybe working on his third. Marshall has run ins with the law, but he's never attempted suicide/overdosed on pills. Owens in in his mid 30's and he's still causing problems... At least Marshall has the excuse of being in his early 20's. Neither of these guys are poster boys for what a role model should be. But both are elite talent as far as WR goes.

I don't want him to gut a shoulder out, that's probably not very smart anyway, All I am saying is stay Healthy for cryin out loud. Quit running around like it's recess out there. It's not. All I am saying is be smart enough to give up on a play BEFORE getting killed. He is no use to GB hurt, whether he can play or not is irrelevant if he can't be healthy enough to throw the ball. Honestly, here again the Farve legacy may be to much to handle in that he may be forced to play and do more damage to his shoulder for fear of not living up to the Ironman. Self emposed or otherwise he is in a no win here. If he plays and does well fine, if he plays and gets further injured he loses as does the team and fans. If he doesn't play he gets questioned, and the team loses. Lose lose if you ask me. This kid is under a lot of pressure to do the right thing AND the Farve thing. Hope it's not to much for him that's all. I say GB has put themselves in a tough spot.

Are you talking about the Cowboys in the playoffs????

GTD :wacko:

McCarthy on Rodgers: A game-time decision

By Greg A. Bedard

Friday, Oct 3 2008, 12:29 PM

Green Bay - Coach Mike McCarthy said today that quarterback Aaron Rodgers, after throwing lightly today, will be given the full 48 hours to get ready for Sunday's game against the Atlanta and will be a game-time decision.

"Hopefully he feel good tomorrow," McCarthy said. "He feels good. His rehab has been positive."

Rodgers will likely be worked out again before Sunday's game to see where he is.

"The strength is improving," McCarthy said. "How he responds tomorrow will probably tell the tale.

"I'm preparing to go either way."

If Matt Flynn is the starter and struggles, McCarthy said he will not use a quick hook to pull Flynn for Brian Brohm.

"I don't believe in that," he said. "Matt will be given multiple chances."

GTD :wacko:

McCarthy on Rodgers: A game-time decision

By Greg A. Bedard

Friday, Oct 3 2008, 12:29 PM

Green Bay - Coach Mike McCarthy said today that quarterback Aaron Rodgers, after throwing lightly today, will be given the full 48 hours to get ready for Sunday's game against the Atlanta and will be a game-time decision.

"Hopefully he feel good tomorrow," McCarthy said. "He feels good. His rehab has been positive."

Rodgers will likely be worked out again before Sunday's game to see where he is.

"The strength is improving," McCarthy said. "How he responds tomorrow will probably tell the tale.

"I'm preparing to go either way."

If Matt Flynn is the starter and struggles, McCarthy said he will not use a quick hook to pull Flynn for Brian Brohm.

"I don't believe in that," he said. "Matt will be given multiple chances."

I think McCarthy just needs to sit him... Rodgers is a young talented qb that has should a lot of flashes so far this year... If his throwing shoulder is causing him to be a game time decision then it shouldn't be a decision at all. Let him rest a week and come back week 6. He doesn't have to play just because Favre has an unstoppable streak going.

I think McCarthy just needs to sit him... Rodgers is a young talented qb that has should a lot of flashes so far this year... If his throwing shoulder is causing him to be a game time decision then it shouldn't be a decision at all. Let him rest a week and come back week 6. He doesn't have to play just because Favre has an unstoppable streak going.

My point exactly, the pressure to live up to a legend should not be a concideration here. I hope for the kids sake they do the right thing and sit him so he doensn't fuirther damage his shoulder and his confidence by going out and performing badly. This kid is in a bad situation that could be made worse. He is not and never will be Farve and the fact they thought he could replace Farve and be as productive was a grave mistake. GB is going to suffer for that decision. HOF QB are hard to come by and teams should hold on to the ones they have as long as possible before moving into the abyss of finding the next one.

Edited by Cowboyz1

My point exactly, the pressure to live up to a legend should not be a concideration here. I hope for the kids sake they do the right thing and sit him so he doensn't fuirther damage his shoulder and his confidence by going out and performing badly. This kid is in a bad situation that could be made worse. He is not and never will be Farve and the fact they thought he could replace Farve and be as productive was a grave mistake. GB is going to suffer for that decision. HOF QB are hard to come by and teams should hold on to the ones they have as long as possible before moving into the abyss of finding the next one.

:wacko: And to think the first part of your post started off making sense, then it turns into another Favre is great and the front office was wrong typical non-sense. Rodgers has been just as productive as Favre in McCarthy's system... Favre wasn't playing like a HOFer for several years in Green Bay. Brett Favre quit twice on Green Bay, they had no other options with Favre. They absolutely could not take him back after he quit on them twice in one off season.

This is about Rodgers, not Favre and the off season.

:wacko: And to think the first part of your post started off making sense, then it turns into another Favre is great and the front office was wrong typical non-sense. Rodgers has been just as productive as Favre in McCarthy's system... Favre wasn't playing like a HOFer for several years in Green Bay. Brett Favre quit twice on Green Bay, they had no other options with Favre. They absolutely could not take him back after he quit on them twice in one off season.

This is about Rodgers, not Favre and the off season.

Look I was not Farve flag waving so much as I am disappointed in the pressure this kid has to deal with on top of being his first year. Truth is I think he has talent but to overlook the enormous pressure that was needlessly placed upon him would be ignoring what is really happening here. They just may have put the kid in an unwinable situation. Think about it, had they have begged Farve to come back or just been hopeful he did and welcome him back with open arms all this would have been avoided. GB would be on their way to the post season again and everyone's happy. Rogers gets to learn more and take over as the hero if Farve gets hurt or gets the torch passed as result of retirement. Either way Rogers has no pressure other then winning and learning to play in the NFL. Now I stated in an earlier post, what if Rogers gets hurt? I don't even know the name of the guy behind him and their entire season rests on an already dinged up shoulder. Todays NFL needs quality depth and having two good QB is a luxury. They had that and all they had to do was be patient and let Farve go out the way he wanted to. Wishy washy or not the guy was their best chance to win now period. I watched Rogers grow up and watched him play High School and College ball so I like the kid. I just think GB screwed the pooch on this one, running a HOF out of town for the new kid who now has the weight of the franchise and the legend on a now injured shoulder. I say it's too much and GB is going to wish they had not gone this route and your seeing it play out now. What if he does play and injures it further? What if he wants to prove he can play hurt and really damages it? Then what, season down the drain. Coach better be very careful about his decision and take it out of Rogers hands because if up to Rogers, I think he trys to play regardless thinking he has something to prove.

Honestly, I really hope I am all wrong and Rogers does well this year and puts all this Farve comparison stuff to rest because I really like the kid as a person and wish him well. My gut tells me the GB organization made a very bad mistake that we humans tend to make far too often, and that's charishing the house while forgetting the builder.

Bottom line is this, Farve gave Green Bay, it's fans and the NFL a treat every Sunday for more years consecutively then any other player in NFL history. You don't replace a guy with majic like that. It just doesn't happen. They should have let him go kicking and screaming. They just may have ruined Rogers career just like so many other young QB's that get thown out there, weighted down with more then they can bare. I hope I am wrong, but QB's can fail for a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with talent..............we will see..........we will see...........

Edited by Cowboyz1

Look I was not Farve flag waving so much as I am disappointed in the pressure this kid has to deal with on top of being his first year. Truth is I think he has talent but to overlook the enormous pressure that was needlessly placed upon him would be ignoring what is really happening here. They just may have put the kid in an unwinable situation. Think about it, had they have begged Farve to come back or just been hopeful he did and welcome him back with open arms all this would have been avoided. GB would be on their way to the post season again and everyone's happy. Rogers gets to learn more and take over as the hero if Farve gets hurt or gets the torch passed as result of retirement. Either way Rogers has no pressure other then winning and learning to play in the NFL. Now I stated in an earlier post, what if Rogers gets hurt? I don't even know the name of the guy behind him and their entire season rests on an already dinged up shoulder. Todays NFL needs quality depth and having two good QB is a luxury. They had that and all they had to do was be patient and let Farve go out the way he wanted to. Wishy washy or not the guy was their best chance to win now period. I watched Rogers grow up and watched him play High School and College ball so I like the kid. I just think GB screwed the pooch on this one, running a HOF out of town for the new kid who now has the weight of the franchise and the legend on a now injured shoulder. I say it's too much and GB is going to wish they had not gone this route and your seeing it play out now. What if he does play and injures it further? What if he wants to prove he can play hurt and really damages it? Then what, season down the drain. Coach better be very careful about his decision and take it out of Rogers hands because if up to Rogers, I think he trys to play regardless thinking he has something to prove.

Honestly, I really hope I am all wrong and Rogers does well this year and puts all this Farve comparison stuff to rest because I really like the kid as a person and wish him well. My gut tells me the GB organization made a very bad mistake that we humans tend to make far too often, and that's charishing the house while forgetting the builder.

Bottom line is this, Farve gave Green Bay, it's fans and the NFL a treat every Sunday for more years consecutively then any other player in NFL history. You don't replace a guy with majic like that. It just doesn't happen. They should have let him go kicking and screaming. They just may have ruined Rogers career just like so many other young QB's that get thown out there, weighted down with more then they can bare. I hope I am wrong, but QB's can fail for a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with talent..............we will see..........we will see...........

:wacko:

O.k. We get it.

The Packers decided to move on and look towards the future. Rogers has played very well, despite the pressure. For you to assume what would happen in Favre was behind center is ridiculous. I think the Packers will be fine.

Favre quit on them twice this off season. You have to have a point where enough is enough and he went well past that. If you want to discuss that, go bring up the old Favre threads.

Yes, Ted Thompson should have brought in a vet to backup Rodgers, and on that one aspect of your post you're on target. There is so much misinformation going around right now about the injury no one really knows the reality unless you're in the packers organization. If there is risk of him further injuring himself, then sit him. If it's only a pain thing, shoot him up with codizone and send him out there. Nothing else with Favre needs to be brought up. Quit trying to hijack threads.

Edited by piratesownninjas

I think Rodgers is fine. He has an injury and people should let this play out(see if he plays) and all will be fine. Pressure only counts if you accept it. If you ignore it, go out and do your job like he has done all should work out. Eli had a very similar injury he played with when pressure was even worse for him.

That said the Pack should have signed a vet. Maybe Garcia if he can't play?

I'm glad he is starting, as I'm a Jennings owner, but, I decided to start Kitna over Rodgers. I had to take the safe (wuss) route in this one.

Have Jennings in two leagues and starting him in both. Rodgers in one of those leagues. Figured I'd start Garrard in that one to mitigate the risk a bit.