[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steak tartare

rocknrobn26

Steak tartare  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love it??

• YES! RAW Beef is great!
    • NO! That is sick! There is only one thing I eat raw and that ain't it!
    • Never tried it.
    • Puddy!

Wife is making Beef Stroganoff (sp) tonite sooo I stole a few pieces of the raw round steak! YUMMY!!!

When we were kids my Mom would buy a round steak, have it ground, mix a raw egg in with salt & pepper, and then my Bro and I would watch Pro Wrestling on Saturday nite smearing the Steak tartare on crackers. Yummy even more!

We loved this stuff and still do. Curious to see if anyone else likes it? :wacko:

I still eat a few pinches of raw chop meat when I make burgers... never got sick from it. Fresh beef from a good butcher won't get a person sick... the ecoli problems come from those big beef n burger processing plants, the frozen pre-made burgers. Raw beef.... it's goooood.

I might eat it if it were organically grown and grass fed. There's a reason beef is recalled more often these days. Cows get sick more often when raised on corn. They get sick more often when housed in closed quarters and fed massive doses of antibiotics and/or hormones. I won't even get into the condition of the slaughter houses.

Now, if you want to buy a cow from the farmer down the road and eat it, that's a whole other story.

I might eat it if it were organically grown and grass fed. There's a reason beef is recalled more often these days. Cows get sick more often when raised on corn. They get sick more often when housed in closed quarters and fed massive doses of antibiotics and/or hormones. I won't even get into the condition of the slaughter houses.

Egret = Upton Sinclair

(well, perhaps Upton Sinclair minus the concern about the plight of immigrants)

Really? Then honestly, don't eat it. It's a hugh waste of money that way. I finally got my wife to order medium well. Baby steps.

When I still ate red meat, I always ate it medium or medium rare. It was good while it lasted.

vegetarian ? French Canadian ?

Just no cow. I dropped my total cholesterol 80 points in three months after giving up cow. I figured that was a good enough reason to not eat it anymore. It's been almost four years now. I'm not going to pretend that eating beef was the only reason my cholesterol dropped. It's much harder to eat fast food when you don't eat burgers. That helped.

Just no cow. I dropped my total cholesterol 80 points in three months after giving up cow. I figured that was a good enough reason to not eat it anymore. It's been almost four years now. I'm not going to pretend that eating beef was the only reason my cholesterol dropped. It's much harder to eat fast food when you don't eat burgers. That helped.

Ms Cid doesn't eat beef or pork. It really limited my diet. There is nothing like a nice filet or New York strip, grilled to medium rare, with a little garlic paste over the top. Every once in a while you just get a hankering for a hunk of beef. Or some good smoked brisket. mmmmmmm...that's the ticket.

Yes, steak tartare is pretty freaking awesome.

I remember we we're on vacation out in Phoenix one year with my in-laws. We went to this place called Pinacle Peak, an outdoor steak house kind of place. My MIL orders her steak well done. The waitress brings out this dusty old boot on a plate, plops it down in a cloud of dust in front of her and asks her to try it to see if it's cooked enough for her. :wacko:

I remember we we're on vacation out in Phoenix one year with my in-laws. We went to this place called Pinacle Peak, an outdoor steak house kind of place. My MIL orders her steak well done. The waitress brings out this dusty old boot on a plate, plops it down in a cloud of dust in front of her and asks her to try it to see if it's cooked enough for her. :wacko:

My wife lived in Phoenix as a child, and she's told me stories about that place for years! Apparently they also cut the tie off of anyone who walks in the door with one on . . .

Peace

policy

My wife lived in Phoenix as a child, and she's told me stories about that place for years! Apparently they also cut the tie off of anyone who walks in the door with one on . . .

Peace

policy

There were thousands of ties nailed to the wall in that place as well.

One time back in the early 90's I get home from work and take a look in the fridge and see some beef cubes and toss one in my mouth...I chew and chew and chew and chew when I finally say to my roommate "Damn this is some tough beef" he then says "What beef" and I say the "Beef in the tupperware" he says "Thats not cooked I am marinating it in teriyaki sauce" then me: :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

My Grandmother used to let me eat raw hamburger meat. She was first generation from Germany. She called it "hoptacater" (know I'm spelling that wrong) or something... :wacko:

A little salt on some real good raw ground beef... yum. :D

E2A: Actually it's...

In Germany there is a very popular variant using raw minced pork called Mett or Hackepeter, which is typically served on rye bread or rolls, with the onions and pepper, but without capers or egg.

(from steak tartare Wiki entry)

Edited by darin3

My Grandmother used to let me eat raw hamburger meat. She was first generation from Germany. She called it "hoptacater" (know I'm spelling that wrong) or something... :wacko:

A little salt on some real good raw ground beef... yum. :D

I have seen it used as "cannibal meat".