[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new top chef

MojoMan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setting Tivo as we speak. I hope there's more angry lesbians!!!

Angrier and Lesbianer than the first 4 season! :wacko:

Great show... there's always some goober who gets exposed in week 1 as being in way over their head.

• 1 month later...
bravo. on directv it's 273.

anyone want to skybox it? or is on at different times for all of us?

I would but I'll be sweating some basketball bets. And the Shiekette and I Tivo it to avoid commercials.

The Finnish guy looked pretty strong.

I was kinda disappointed because the first chica to get kicked off seemed to be in a bikini shot in the intro. :wacko:

I think the blond "woman" used to be a man...just sumpin about her.

I am very, very glad that homo#1 got booted...he woulda been irritating to watch much longer.

So far, so good.

The Finnish guy looked pretty strong.

I was kinda disappointed because the first chica to get kicked off seemed to be in a bikini shot in the intro. :wacko:

I think the blond "woman" used to be a man...just sumpin about her.

I am very, very glad that homo#1 got booted...he woulda been irritating to watch much longer.

So far, so good.

It looks like the overall attractiveness quotient is going up . . . while I appreciate the eye candy, I hope they aren't sacrificing skill for looks . . . too much. :D I don't want it to turn into The Real World, where they get 18 hot white rich college kids, and cooking be damned.

The funny thing about the first couple of episodes is how four or five chefs can make 'fatal mistakes' and yet some of them get to see another day just because they can't send all of 'em home. That

Jeff

dude didn't plate half his dish and yet . . . he not only didn't go home, he won his pairing. Yeesh.

. . . oh, and did you see their reactions when that lady

(Enya?)

goes "Who needs to travel and taste different cuisines when you can just read cookbooks?" Colicchio looked like he'd been shot. I thought they were going to send her home just for that. But I thought it was way better that they sent home a dude who's not a chef yet. Seriously, how do you take a 21-year-old still in culinary school and be like "this guy's going to compete for the title of TOP CHEF!"?

Peace

policy

It looks like the overall attractiveness quotient is going up . . . while I appreciate the eye candy, I hope they aren't sacrificing skill for looks . . . too much. :wacko: I don't want it to turn into The Real World, where they get 18 hot white rich college kids, and cooking be damned.

The funny thing about the first couple of episodes is how four or five chefs can make 'fatal mistakes' and yet some of them get to see another day just because they can't send all of 'em home. That

Jeff

dude didn't plate half his dish and yet . . . he not only didn't go home, he won his pairing. Yeesh.

. . . oh, and did you see their reactions when that lady

(Enya?)

goes "Who needs to travel and taste different cuisines when you can just read cookbooks?" Colicchio looked like he'd been shot. I thought they were going to send her home just for that. But I thought it was way better that they sent home a dude who's not a chef yet. Seriously, how do you take a 21-year-old still in culinary school and be like "this guy's going to compete for the title of TOP CHEF!"?

Peace

policy

Casey Thompson http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN was hawt.

My wife has been on the night shifts for a week so I finally got to watch the first episode.

Patrick had no bussiness being there. Any student/apprentice in culinary that doesnt have the knife skills to peel 14 apples and dice 2 cups is worthless. It has been over 10 years since I have been in a gourmet kitchen but isnt it the prep dept where all the new apprentices go to develop your knife skills by cutting fruits and veggies. I would expect an executive chef that hasnt done prep work for awhile, but not a student that has to do prep stuff all the time. He got beat by a guy who cut himself open. And then the whole, "noodles are noodles, right?" Think I wouldnt have pushed the envelople on the opening challenge like that.

Edited by fingfootball

From this point forward, can we all agree that there will be spoilers and that no one should read further who has not watched the latest episode?

Spoilers will follow--go no further.

After this post there are spoilers. Read at your own risk. This means you!

That

Jeff

The great part about that, IIRC, was that he won his pairing against the "American's are inferior to us" European guy. OWNED.

Okay, so how did

Ariane

not get sent home? Two eliminations, and she served nearly inedible food both times. What exactly do they see in her?

Peace

policy

I think she's kinda sexy in a plump MILF way. She has beautiful blue eyes.

BTW, I'm 43 and I have low standards.

Edited by MojoMan