[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new top chef

MojoMan

well I kinda doubt you're a better judge of food looking at it on TV than the world-famous chefs who were actually eating it.

I kinda doubt you're actually the world's biggest doo$hbag, but that won't change my contention that you are.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: what a pansy. start an argument with me with a softball, and I'm a doo$bag for swatting it?

As far as I can tell, I made an observation and you felt threatened enough by the comment to make sure everyone knows you take everything personally. That wasn't a softball, and you hardly swatted it. Grow up, doo$hbag.

As the season went, it was kind of meh. I didn't see the creativity that was present last season. Last season, some of the judges had seen things that they had never seen before. This year, the "big" compliments were--"the venison was cooked perfectly," "the meal was well seasoned".

Oh, and am I the only one that though the British food critic on the judges panel just hates everything about life? :wacko:

Another classic example of what's wrong with most of these types of shows: They all have at least 1 judge who spends all their off-camera time coming up with attention grabbing, "look at me" insults that have no constructive or analytic purpose whatsoever. Simon Cowell being the gold standard. The problem is, America seems to love this. . .god knows why.

good strategy but wrong choice was made............. again. nice to see the winner from my(our state). been to the jax in denver, but not boulder and it's pretty good. additionally, while i was not head ovr heels for jarja rbut i commend her for what she put forth in the last 4-5 episodes. i think she should have been cut earlier, but she was able to step up. didn't think she was "top chef" but felt bad for her when she double-faulted on her final course. still think the final four should have been stefan, fabio, jamie, and jeff.

so we wait until next year................

edit: oh... and i am more intreagued by the sexual tension between az and gts than housyurmama and leah.

Edited by Bier Meister

Casey Thompson Speaks Out About Top Chef

Posted on February 26th, 2009 12:19pm by Sarah Eveans

Filed under Chefs, Food Fight!, Food On TV

Casey speaks! And she doesn’t sound happy, folks. I asked her to comment on last night’s episode, and here’s what she had to say:

Carla was not prepared and in over her head. The show did not talk about how the first course (crab) took her half of the friggin’ cooking time that day, I was left to work the rest of HER dishes.

She also did not have a plan. The ONLY thing she had in mind was a cheese course! I would NEVER do a cheese course. And where in the hell did french come from!? She is not even classically trained! It (the show) didn’t talk about how I worked on a sauce for 2 days and Carla forgot to put it on the plate… It didn’t show how the 2nd course (fish) was MINE. It didn’t show how she took the sous vide idea and decided to GRILL it last minute causing it to be tough… And it didn’t show how she WANTED to do the souffles which she does not even know how to make! That was HER food, because it certainly was me asking her how she wanted to do this and that while she was busy picking crab the entire time and making a souffle that didn’t rise!

I am done with TC. I did not influence her. She has NO ideas of her own, oh, except a cheese course.

Nice Casey. . .cover your ass. Although it was pretty obvious that Carla was in over her head from start to finish, for Casey to throw her under the bus is pretty friggin unprofessional. Carla had never HEARD of sous vide before you showed up. Don't blame her for it.