[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offical Redskizzle vs The Iggles thread

cliaz

Ugh, another division road game. Has any other team in the NFC East had such a difficult start? Not even close. Superbowl Champs - Check, One of the best offenses in the league -Check, The consensus best team in the league - Check, the toughest stadium to play in this year (9 total away team points at the Linc) - Check. If the Skins pill this one out, you know their for real. Thats just a brutal opening schedule.

Jim Johnson amazes me every time I watch an Eagles game. He is hands down the best Defensive Coordinator in the game. His blitz packages scare me and I'm sitting on my couch. Brian Dawkins is again a beast and I expect to hear his name alot today. Obviously bump down your expectations for Cooley since he will be blocking all day. Portis and Betts both know how to pick up the extra rusher as well. 1 or 2 sacks max. I do, however, see Campbell finally putting one in the Int column this week. I think Jim Zorn's style of offense is a good matchup against this pressure D and I think the Skins will move the ball, pretty much, at will.

On the other side of the ball, I am a bit worried. No Shawn Springs, no JT... It looks like the backups can play, but was that all adrenaline last week, filling in for Springs and Smoot who set the bar way high in their limited playing time in Dallas? I dont know, we'll see. Will Westbrook be 100%? Too many question marks on this side of the ball for me to predict anything accurately.

High scoring game, could go either way really. Start yer Skins, start yer Eagles, take the over if its anywhere near 50.

Redskins 34

Eagles 24

Ugh, another division road game. Has any other team in the NFC East had such a difficult start? Not even close. Superbowl Champs - Check, One of the best offenses in the league -Check, The consensus best team in the league - Check, the toughest stadium to play in this year (9 total away team points at the Linc) - Check. If the Skins pill this one out, you know their for real. Thats just a brutal opening schedule.

Jim Johnson amazes me every time I watch an Eagles game. He is hands down the best Defensive Coordinator in the game. His blitz packages scare me and I'm sitting on my couch. Brian Dawkins is again a beast and I expect to hear his name alot today. Obviously bump down your expectations for Cooley since he will be blocking all day. Portis and Betts both know how to pick up the extra rusher as well. 1 or 2 sacks max. I do, however, see Campbell finally putting one in the Int column this week. I think Jim Zorn's style of offense is a good matchup against this pressure D and I think the Skins will move the ball, pretty much, at will.

On the other side of the ball, I am a bit worried. No Shawn Springs, no JT... It looks like the backups can play, but was that all adrenaline last week, filling in for Springs and Smoot who set the bar way high in their limited playing time in Dallas? I dont know, we'll see. Will Westbrook be 100%? Too many question marks on this side of the ball for me to predict anything accurately.

High scoring game, could go either way really. Start yer Skins, start yer Eagles, take the over if its anywhere near 50.

Redskins 34

Eagles 24

Line as of 10am

Oct. 5 Washington

10 a.m. at Phila.

Favorite PHI PHI PHI

Point spread -6½ -6 -6

Total 42o/u 42o/u 42o/u

Total money line -110 -110 -110

I think Vegas is right on here.... Eagles win 24 - 17, over under not covered.

Is this game in Washington?

No?

Nuff' said.

Eagles 23, Skinnies 16

You were close, swap the scores between the teams and add 1 point :D:wacko: #3 defense in the league just got almost 400 yards put up on them.

HUGH victory here. The skins have now been into the two worse places to play within the division and taking a victory. Now we face the rams and the browns at home, the Lions on the road, then the steelers at home. The potential to go 7-2 heading into the bye week is very real.

Wow, sour grapes.

I loved the picked up flag on the obvious block in the back to GIVE the Eagles 7 points.

sour graps?...really? the skins won the game...great game...but that call made me almost do a backflip into the wall...

way to be a sore winner..

:wacko:

Who has been one of Philly's biggest play-makers so far this season?

What do you think happens when you only put the ball in his hands twice on offense?

This is what happens when you don't get the ball to DeSean Jackson after the way he has played so far.

In my opinion his success has been credited to the position he plays by the coaching staff, and not the player in that position. They assumed they could get the same production from anyone in that receiver role when Reggie Brown came back - not to knock on Reggie Brown, he had a mediocre day, but DeSean is explosive.

Then again, when RBrown is your only WR with more than one catch, your offense doesn't look too great, period.

Very convincing win. Campbell has really come into his own. Zorn is a great coach. Top 5 team in the NFL right now. And they have the hardest part of the season behind them.

agreed....and im not gonna lie...i really doubted the hire of zorn...especially seeing how out of whack that offense was against the giants...but wow...yeah.....and im really loving that portis was sitting there for me at the top of the 2nd round.....

however...i am concerned as a mcnabb owner about the eagles and their ability to put the ball in the endzone....i know the skins have a tough defense....but this is two weeks in a row theyve had the ball down on the 1 or 2....and couldnt come up with much

I loved that PI call on Samuel covering Thrash when all he did was break up a sure catch...

it wasn't PI it was illegal contact that happened before the pass there was no pass interference

the illegal contact was a good call

it wasn't PI it was illegal contact that happened before the pass there was no pass interference

the illegal contact was a good call

I disagree....there was a tap on the guys hip or something, but nothing more than what happens every play and doesn't get called....

I disagree....there was a tap on the guys hip or something, but nothing more than what happens every play and doesn't get called....

if there's no contact then he would have been 5 yards behind asante

it had a definite impact on the play

This year has been chalked by bad calls. Worse than last year.

I'm seeing bad calls left and right.....and there were bad calls on both sides, but I'm seeing games controlled by this...

people are assuming this is an attempt to take anything away from the Skins, but the Eagles had plenty of chances to get back in the game and the Skins were just more physical and beat them to the punch...

I'm still going to be mad about a few calls because they happen at such crucial moments...but if the Eagles were good enough to win, those plays that were crucial.....wouldn't have been crucial....

Did S. Moss get injured, was he covered well, or was he just not part of the game plan this week?

He was being bracketed by a CB and S most of the day. Zorn adjusted after the first quarter going to Cooley and Randle El. The hogs were just beastly again this week paving the way for Portis, 44 rushes and 200+ yards rushing as a team.

Edited by TecmoBo