[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roy Williams on trading block

tosberg34

According to Adam Schefter of the NFL Nework, Williams is on the trading block but they are asking for 2 first rounders. My question is do the Lions play him sparingly so he doesn't get injured and affect the trade possibility? However, I doubt if anyone is going to give up 2 first rounders for him.

According to Adam Schefter of the NFL Nework, Williams is on the trading block but they are asking for 2 first rounders. My question is do the Lions play him sparingly so he doesn't get injured and affect the trade possibility? However, I doubt if anyone is going to give up 2 first rounders for him.

Not a prayer of two first rounders for Williams.

if you announce that you are shopping a player, you need to show that he can perform. he'll get more looks, then get more double teams..... calvin should have some good games.

Edited by Bier Meister

Not a prayer of two first rounders for Williams.

Exactly... Less than zero chance.

Dallas is still interested in Roy but they will not give two 1st rounders. They do want to look at him for this year but there is always the how will TO react to such a trade.

If TO and how he feels about a potential trade is even a concern then the Cowboys are a second rate organization. They're aren't, and Jerry Jones won't let anyone have any power over his organization.

Why even anounce what you are looking for in return? Why not just say that Roy is on the block, and then negotiate from there if anyone shows any interest. Or better yet, why not announce that you want ten 1st round picks for him? That ought to make people believe that he is extremely valuable.

Remember when there were rumors that the Cowboys would give up one of their first round picks for Roy this offseason? If that's true and the Lions didn't take it...can we do more to Millen than fire him? I like the idea of sending him to the Raiders to be Al Davis' bitch. Two 1st rounders for Roy? Hell, I'd be ecstatic for a 3rd.

Eagles should pony up a 2nd for him and call it a day...

I mean we have 2 1st rounders next year anyways....

adding Roy Williams while still having 2 1st rounders would be a genius move...

And an offer that Det would be stupid not to take.

Why even anounce what you are looking for in return? Why not just say that Roy is on the block, and then negotiate from there if anyone shows any interest.

It's the Lions. Besides why wreck this impressive string of hideously overrated WRs?

lol @ two firsts for that overrated turd.

Chambers for a 2nd, Moss for a 4th, Walker for a 2nd. That's more the going rate. And Roy hasn't outperformed any of them.

Williams would get more than Chris Chambers easily in my mind... Randy Moss was supposedly old and slow, and Walker was coming off of a busted knee... Not say it's going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised. He's still young and is way more physically gifted than Chambers or Walker.

Williams would get more than Chris Chambers easily in my mind...

Williams' 4 years in the league:

3654 total yards, 28 TDs, 244 receptions

Compared to Chambers' last 4 years:

3938 total yards, 26 TDs, 276 receptions

Or if you want to compare Chambers' first 4 years:

3651 total yards, 28 TDs, 233 receptions

Both are physically gifted. Roy is not any better than Chambers if you look at the stats. Per game basis Williams did better, but he missed too much time due to injuries. Williams happened to be drafted higher, thus the overhype.

Edited by Riffraff

Dallas is still interested in Roy but they will not give two 1st rounders. They do want to look at him for this year but there is always the how will TO react to such a trade.

TO would be dancing if they got Williams as his numbers would go through the roof. However, Williams is not that good to garner 2 firsts. I'd pass for that price.

Best quote I've ever heard about Roy WIlliams was "Built like Tarzan, plays like a bitch"

shouldn't it be "Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane"?

it's true, the guy is a beast physically, but his concentration is seriously lacking. I wonder how good he could have been if he played for a real team, under a real coaching staff since he was drafted. And I think he really does want to learn and be coached, but he knows all the Lion coaching staff is a joke. He was probably one of the most disappointed by Martz being fired, he really thought Martz had a lot to teach him.

Edited by gsmayes

I could see someone giving up a 1st round pick for him, but two sounds a bit crazy. I thought the guy might be a buy low candidate going into the bye week, but I can't see the upside of any Lions players right now (unfortunate as a Calvin owner in one league). Its too bad really. The coach talks tough and says a lot of the right things but the performance on the field is undeniably bad. The GM's gone and I can't see why they don't just clean house at the end of the year.