[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roy Williams on trading block

tosberg34

They really should be stockpiling draft picks. A 2nd for Williams is more than fair. His numbers aren't all that impressive. He just runs his mouth off allot and gets noticed for it. The Lions could use the draft pick more than they need another WR. Stick McDonald or Furrey on the outside. You've still got Calvin to build the team around.

Both are physically gifted. Roy is not any better than Chambers if you look at the stats. Per game basis Williams did better, but he missed too much time due to injuries. Williams happened to be drafted higher, thus the overhype.

I can't stand Roy Williams and think he's absolutely the most over-rated piece of garbage at the WR position, but I still see Roy Williams value being higher than that of Chris Chambers. Maybe it's because he's physically intimidating while Chambers isn't, or maybe because Roy Williams runs his mouth.

shouldn't it be "Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane"?

I think that's sort of the joke... To say he plays like Jane would be a disservice to Jane :wacko:

he should be the #1 waiver pick in every league this week, with or without Roy joining him.

Meh, as a Vikes fan, I endured his last games as an NFL starter, he pretty much sucked. Granted, he didn't have the weapons he'll have in Dallas, especially of the Roy deal happens, but he was terrible in Minnesota, immobile, innacurate, terrible under pressure, etc. I wouldn't have my hopes too high in general.

Meh, as a Vikes fan, I endured his last games as an NFL starter, he pretty much sucked. Granted, he didn't have the weapons he'll have in Dallas, especially of the Roy deal happens, but he was terrible in Minnesota, immobile, innacurate, terrible under pressure, etc. I wouldn't have my hopes too high in general.

I have to agree here.

I'll go with the Anthony Wright Effect: he dusts off every so often and light up for two weeks until D's get new footage on him and shut him down.

Anthony Wright looked Hall of Fame caliber for two weeks every 3 years until a short time ago. That would be followed with two weeks of disasters at which point he hit the pine for 2-3 more years.

Grab BJ and trade him high after this week.

Where's that "This Happens in Week 7 Thread"?

Edited by Pope Flick