[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kitna benched

tonyr0802

Jon Kitna was benched in the second half of Sunday's game against the Bears with the Lions down 24-0.

Backup Dan Orlovsky entered the game. Kitna had completed 8 of 16 passes for 74 yards as the Lions struggled to get any offense going against the Bears. It's tough to pin all of the blame on Kitna, as he was the victim of several drops and a non-existant running game. As far as the Lions' QB situation from here on out, Marinelli will likely make a decision after watching Orlovsky's performance in the second half.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go UCONN.

Good grief.

E2A: this did not take long:

Last Play: 3-3-DET 14(10:18) D.Orlovsky pass intended for R.Williams INTERCEPTED by C.Tillman at DET 26. C.Tillman for 26 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

I was playing against the GBP defense a couple of weeks ago when Kita had his "pick return for TD fest", now this week in a different league, I'm playing against the CHI defense ... maybe I can get the "Orlovsky pick return for TD fest" going against me today. Timing is everything I guess.

Edited by ts

Coach Rod said in the post-game presser that Kitna was pulled because of back spasms, not performance...yeah, right.

This sucks, the Lions aren't even fun to watch implode anymore. Blow up ford field; can we forfeit the rest of the year?

This sucks. I was hoping Kitna would get some cheap yardage/TD's here. Now I have to live with his 2.7 points for the day. :wacko:

Desperate relying on this pathetic bunch.

They just need to start evaluating the talent they have. Kitna isn't a future prospect.

With a high draft pick looming, they need to see if QB is something to look at.

This is the mindset that Millen used. You win or lose games in the trenches. If they want to turn it around they need to address the line on both sides of the ball.

This is the mindset that Millen used. You win or lose games in the trenches. If they want to turn it around they need to address the line on both sides of the ball.

Actually Millen used the "don't evaluate what you have" technique.

I agree that the trenches turn franchises around. However, there are likely a few franchise QBs coming out. Lions should decide if what they have is better than what they can draft.

We all know Kitna isn't going to lead them anywhere. The impact Ryan and Flacco are having this year will have teams like the Lions and Chiefs looking at a young gunslinger.