[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sage Rosenfels

Gopher

I feel sorry for the fans as they've gone through so much the past couple of months. They had the game and deserved to win. And they should have. But unfortunately for the fans they are use to defeats like this.

Colts have got to get a defense though. They have a nightmare of a schedule coming up.

Definitely a tough loss to take. I was at the game and the majority of people were stoked when they found out that Rosenfels was starting over Schaub. But those 3 turnovers were tough. The Texans are just not a finishing team. Unfortunately, cdrudge is correct that most fans are used to seeing these losses. Just makes it tough when they played so good for 3 1/2 quarters only to screw it up in the last 4 minutes.

I do think they did a lot of good things this week, especially getting Andre the ball more. Maybe they can build off the good things going forward. I don't know, I just know they should have won this game and its a tough loss.

Is this warranted in your opinion? It looked like Schaub played very well last week and was let down by his defense.

I guess I would say yeah. He did redeem himself a little last week, but its hard to get the first two games out of my head. I think that I posted here the other day that the first two games reminded so much of Carr. I am not 100% Rosenfels right now, but wouldn't mind seeing an open competition.

Houston was a play on my shortlist that I ended up eliminating on Saturday, but I felt terrible for all the Houston backers. To lose ATS by 1 point in that manner had to be gut wrenching.

Not only for us on the wagering side, but also the players, coaches and citizens of Houston, their 1st home game of the season and after having to deal with everything w/ Hurricane Ike. That was terrible. At least after the Hurricane most of them should have a better sense of perspective, and it is just a football game after all. Still, I do feel for them...

Is this warranted in your opinion? It looked like Schaub played very well last week and was let down by his defense.

I never realized I was so much in the minority with respect to Rosenfels vs Schaub, especially as most of my friends are Schaub fans as well. My general feeling is that Rosenfels is no better than Schaub, although I wouldn't argue that Schaub is much better, but that Schaub has much more upside. Rosenfels has had his chance in this league to prove himself a starter and hasn't been able to solidify the job. He shows glimpses of being very good but makes too many mistakes and always has. He looked good for 3 1/2 quarters yesterday but then made two of the most stupid plays you could possibly imagine, but even when he was looking good you have to remember it was against the Colts def which I can assure you is aweful. Rosenfels couldn't have been said to have single handly won the game yesterday, had we won, but certainly he single handly lost the game for us. That loss will haunt the Texans all year and for possibly longer. The only thing more shocking to me than the loss yesterday is that today there are still people who think Rosenfels should be the starting QB on this team.

I never realized I was so much in the minority with respect to Rosenfels vs Schaub, especially as most of my friends are Schaub fans as well. My general feeling is that Rosenfels is no better than Schaub, although I wouldn't argue that Schaub is much better, but that Schaub has much more upside. Rosenfels has had his chance in this league to prove himself a starter and hasn't been able to solidify the job. He shows glimpses of being very good but makes too many mistakes and always has. He looked good for 3 1/2 quarters yesterday but then made two of the most stupid plays you could possibly imagine, but even when he was looking good you have to remember it was against the Colts def which I can assure you is aweful. Rosenfels couldn't have been said to have single handly won the game yesterday, had we won, but certainly he single handly lost the game for us. That loss will haunt the Texans all year and for possibly longer. The only thing more shocking to me than the loss yesterday is that today there are still people who think Rosenfels should be the starting QB on this team.

The favorite player on a team that's losing is the backup Qb.

Football-wise, I feel bad for Rosenfels, since his hallmark last year was posting wins where Schaub just seemed to post statistics. Fantasy-wise, I breathed a sigh of relief when the ball flew from RosenCopter's hands.

(I've survived this far into the season with Kitna and Schaub as my QB platoon :wacko:; both of my QB's losing their jobs on the same day would have been a total disaster.)

Edited by FordFairlane